Page 15 of 25 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 4CC's Mens FS

Quote Originally Posted by SkateNater View Post
    They're the same jump except the take-off edge, and most men are stronger than women so they don't tend to have issues with the lutz so much. Rolling the edge on the flip can prevent you from overrotating the flip as it blocks the take-off just a little. However, for women they typically can do flips more easily due to the take-off being less blocked than a lutz, and the fact that their legs aren't as strong. So, they may do good flip take-offs, but turn the lutz into a flip to make it easier.

Most women don't jump like Ito, Slutskaya, Bonaly, or Kim. But lots of men can get that high so the harder jumps may be easy while the easier ones can sometimes be a bit too easy. Their bodies counter this by making the flip harder, while most women will counter that by making the lutz easier.

It's a muscle memory issue, really. Sometimes you can consciously train to take off the wrong edge. Sometimes the body has to go back to square one and train the jumps up from the beginning to relearn the right take-off (I think that's what Joannie Rochette had to do, the latter).

Another thing that has led to a lot of edge calls on both Lutz and Flip is the obsession with taking shorter take-offs into them out of steps. IRT the flip, a lot of people have too straight a take-off, so they can never really get on a secure inside edge and that straight line gives their edge a high probability of rolling over to an outside edge when they try to apply edge pressure to the skating foot.
    Thanks a lot!

LEAVE EDMUNDS ALONE!!1!
    So Dornbush has now beaten Miner by almost 20 points in a major international competition, yet it's the latter that is going to Worlds...

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    So Dornbush has now beaten Miner by almost 20 points in a major international competition, yet it's the latter that is going to Worlds...
    That is what " laying it down when it counts" mean. Ross did it, while rRichie didn't. Simple.

I can't believe Kevin won and Takahashi and Hanyu didn't bring it. I don't have any problems with Kevin winning here because Takahashi and Hanyu weren off tonight. However, I don't know how Kevin and Max Aaron earned those high PCS. Kevin has no power in his stroking whatsoever. He is one of the slowest male skaters out there. His jumps are small and all look somewhat underrotated and his skating skills are lacking.

Congratulations Kevin!! I can't believe he won!!

Custom Title
    Lots of guys must have bombed for Kevin to win. He doesn't have great skating skills or speed and even his jumps are not that big. I guarantee he won't gets those kind of scores at Worlds.

Quote Originally Posted by WeakAnkles View Post
    Well I think it's official: Men's skating has become a Jump Off. You might as well get rid of music, choreography, step sequences, spins, etc. have them all dress in black pants and black turtlenecks, and just see who can do the best jumps.

[I kid, but not by much!}
    Yeah, gymnastics does it that way.

For the floor exercise, the women get music and choreography.

The men just tumble and leave out the music and dance.

Banned
    too many splatfest but Kevin is improving , much better than RogoZZZZine
    he could be a spoiler for Worlds, shame Richard just cant hold it together

Such a lot of sour grapes from some of you. Congratulations to Kevin for sticking with it & Congratulations to the young Americans! The Yanks are coming back!

Custom Title

Custom Title
    3 things came to mind when I saw the results

-> WOW you never know with COP
    -> Takahashi will be low in confidence at worlds
    -> Kozuka and Oda wuzrobbed by the federation who have been intent on supporting Mura all season.

Custom Title
    Why don't you watch his skate before you post and then comment on specific details

He was a little slow and the flip and lutz lacked height for me, but - he clearly destroyed the others tonight. Quite detailed CH and very seamless program that's MY opinion.

skating philosopher
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    And chances are Miner will come back and do just fine at Worlds. I'm not surprised Miner did poorly here. Better to get the bugs out now at 4CC and peak at Worlds.

leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    at the results!
    Congrats to the medalists!Do I want to see the competition?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Skater Boy View Post
    Patrick Chan who? Ah, is this perhaps the biggest upset in figure skating history? Someone said 80 for pcs and guesss what 80 on the button and really guys while he is not Dai or Chan he has really upped his level of skating sure it helps when you skate clean and fairly fast.. give him credit but did he peak too soon? I am wondering if thejudges will give him alittle more credit because sometimes I feel he gets undermarked. Skate Canada must be thrilled; still a shocker - great job by Max aaron but really this is a momen tin history bigger than Liz Manley's oly silver or Maria Butyrskaya's or Kimmie Meissner's world titles. Just a shocker - Canada was hoping he would be in the top ten or eight at worlds. Yes, the big guns fell but still.
    Reynolds always had potential , looks like Chan isn't a guaranteed and lock gold even if its in Canada
    he's not even guaranteed a podium right now. the men's have up their TES and even his pcs cushion is not that high now

Page 15 of 25 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast