Page 18 of 25 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 LastLast

Thread: 2013 4CC's Mens FS

Skating is art, if you let it be. Blades of Passion's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TontoK View Post
    Thumbs up to the idea of all skaters wearing black pants and black turtlenecks.

Unlike the original post, this is not written tongue-in-cheek.

White pants and black tank tops would be better, if we're going there.

Custom Title
    ^^ Simple white pants would blend too much into the ice, although white pants didn't work too badly for Keegan Messing as a costume this year. He also had a fairly good season performance-wise, at least right up until Nationals. Hope Keegan might become one of the lucky few (as Icey mentioned) who will develop more artistry, but (((sigh))) time may be running out.

Custom Title
    ... These are bizarre results. (Dai! I hope he doesn't lose his confidence for Worlds!)

Really, I don't know what to say, except- wow, the medallists are all so young! I hope that Kevin keeps working on his PCS so that he someday deserves the PCS that he got tonight.

I just- well. Worlds is going to be interesting.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Art&Sport View Post
    . Without landing those quads, Kevin Reynolds does not win here, nor would his PCS be that high.
    Very true. But he lands them, others don't.

^^ Simple white pants would blend too much into the ice.
    Who's looking at the ice? They are to show off the assets.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Orange Cat View Post
    ... These are bizarre results. (Dai! I hope he doesn't lose his confidence for Worlds!)

Really, I don't know what to say, except- wow, the medallists are all so young! I hope that Kevin keeps working on his PCS so that he someday deserves the PCS that he got tonight.

I just- well. Worlds is going to be interesting.
    Why should he? As long as he lands the quad, the PCS will follow (see Aaron also)

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Orange Cat View Post
    ... I hope that Kevin keeps working on his PCS so that he someday deserves the PCS that he got tonight.
    You mean he didn't deserve them? Others did not land their jumps, or did not landed them cleanly.
    It seems to me that Reynolds and Chan have much in common --- a lot of people, here, claim that they do not deserve PCS they got. Reynolds, because he is not "artistic" enough, Chan because he is ... well, because he is Chan. YEAH.
    Congratulation to Kevin
    YAY
    He came. He skated. He won.
    I am so happy for him .

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by ImaginaryPogue View Post
    Why should he? As long as he lands the quad, the PCS will follow (see Aaron also)
    Wishful thinking on my part, I suppose! And katia, I'm not saying that Kevin did not land his jumps cleanly; it's just that i don't think his skating skills or transitions or choreography are that amazing. He's decent in those compartments, but he is no Patrick Chan (who, I believe, does deserve high PCS for SS and TR, and especially for CH and IN this season!).

Kevin got very lucky with the tech calls. The 4S should have been called as <, with that very pre-rotated entrance he has into it. All of his other jumps were borderline, so while perhaps no other < calls were deserved, they definitely shouldn't be getting as much GOE as they did because you can see the stilted landings on the ice and he doesn't jump big.
    Last edited by Blades of Passion; 02-09-2013 at 06:51 PM.

Medalist
    Quote Originally Posted by jan View Post
    Where is your LOL?
    Quote Originally Posted by katymay View Post
    A special thank you to Kutien for posting the vids right after the skates! You rock!

I fell asleep before the last group but woke up to a surprise. Congrats to Kevin. He has improved so much and 3 quads wow. It was wonderful to see his face so happy after he won. I still don't find his skating in the same league as Chan, Takahashi, and Hanyu when they skate quite well. They have power, speed, finesse, a combination which makes their skating very special. Still what Kevin did is a great achievement.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by katia View Post
    Very true. But he lands them, others don't.
    Yep, at the moment he's landing them. More power to Kevin vs the Goliaths.

And, btw, it's not quite true that "others don't." Lots of guys are landing quads these days besides Kevin Reynolds.
    Last edited by Art&Sport; 02-09-2013 at 07:45 PM.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Blades of Passion View Post
    Who's looking at the ice? They are to show off the assets.
    The assets can't be shown off if the pants are blending into the ice, at least on television/ computer screen. Unless there's a close-up camera angle.

leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    Thinking the 2008-2010 season I m really curious where all these quads were hidden, from quad or not quad era to 2 or three quads, it seems like there was a gap until the invasion of the new skaters who began to learn skating completely under CoP. Now I have lost count how many skaters have a quad in sp and lp.

The assets can't be shown off if the pants are blending into the ice, at least on television/ computer screen. Unless there's a close-up camera angle.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fO2gmRjMPes

Page 18 of 25 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 LastLast