Thread: Schedule & TV Streams Junior Worlds

Hybrid View

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA CaroLiza_fan's Avatar

Schedule & TV Streams Junior Worlds

EDIT: SCHEDULE NOW POSTED MY NEW MESSAGE BELOW

Just starting this thread now to prevent us ending up with 2 threads like we did in the 4 Continents Forum!

Did anybody else pick up on the piece of good news that Simon Reed announced on air after Brooklee Han's SP at the 4CC?

EUROSPORT ARE SHOWING THE JUNIOR WORLDS!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CaroLiza_fan View Post
    Just remember, one of Eurosport's figure skating commentators (Simon Reed) is actually head of commentary at Eurosport. So, he does have some influence. If there is enough evidence that there is demand for more figure skating coverage, I am sure he would put forward a good argument to his bosses for showing more figure skating. Whether they would heed it or not is another matter, though...
    I wonder if Eurosport showing the Junior Worlds for the first time, as well as the return of the Four Continents, is a sign that Simon is finally starting to get through to head office that there is a demand for more Figure Skating on our TV screens...?

Now, unfortunately the schedules on the various Eurosport websites don't go that far yet. But, given how much the schedules changed in the week leading up to the 4CC, it would probably be better to wait until a few days beforehand to post the various Eurosport schedules.

I'll keep you posted

CaroLiza_fan
    Last edited by CaroLiza_fan; 02-24-2013 at 02:05 PM.

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    I hope we'll get to see them!

Rinkside
    Eurosport Germany just showed a commercial for the World Junior Championships.Can't believe they are actually showing them!The last time was 2009 and then they transmitted only the Free Dance!

Custom Title
    Our commentators also mentioned that Eurosport would show Junior Wolds. But they also added that Eurosport would have only a little coverage of Worlds. It's really sad that they have the worst coverage of Euros and Worlds this year.

LEAVE EDMUNDS ALONE!!1!
    EUROSPORT ARE SHOWING THE JUNIOR WORLDS!!!!!!
    It's not good news. It's terrible news.

We used to be able to watch the whole of Junior Worlds online for free through the ISU website but now that Eurosport will be showing it, we'll only be able to see little bits and bobs that they decide to broadcast. :(

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    ITA. Possibly, IN will show it six weeks after it finishes here in the US.

I'm not happy.

I see why the Germans are broadcasting it. They have a very promising pair, Proelss & Blommaert, and some good ice dancers, Koch & Nuechtern.

Custom Title
    When does the official schedule come out? I need to do my time zone conversions so that I know how sparrowfart the skating's gonna be.

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA CaroLiza_fan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    It's not good news. It's terrible news.

We used to be able to watch the whole of Junior Worlds online for free through the ISU website but now that Eurosport will be showing it, we'll only be able to see little bits and bobs that they decide to broadcast. :(
    Ah. I never knew free coverage had been available on the ISU website, so I never thought of it like that. I was just looking at it as somebody who likes watching on a TV rather than a computer screen. But now, I can see where you're coming from.

Quote Originally Posted by karne View Post
    When does the official schedule come out? I need to do my time zone conversions so that I know how sparrowfart the skating's gonna be.
    Well, if you really want to look up when Eurosport's braodcasts for the Junior Worlds are on so soon, the schedules are already up on http://tv.eurosport.com (for International), or http://tv.eurosport.co.uk (for British).

But I'm waiting until next weekend to post the times for International, Deutschland, France and British up here on the forum. The reason being that I posted Eurosport's schedule for the 4 Continents 10 days in advance, and by the time the championship started, nearly all the timings were changed!!!

So, there's no point in doing it until nearer the start of the championship.

As you're in Australia, I just had a look at Eurosport Australia's schedule (http://tv.au.eurosport.com). Am I right in assuming that the lack of Eurosport 2 listings on the site means that you can't get ESP2 in Australia? If so, that's not fair!

Like, for the past few years Eurosport have been sharing out coverage of most sports they cover between the 2 channels. So, ESP2 not being available in Australia means you are losing out on a lot of stuff, including the Junior Worlds.

So, you should start a campaign to get ESP2 in Oz.

CaroLiza_fan

Custom Title
    As you're in Australia, I just had a look at Eurosport Australia's schedule (http://tv.au.eurosport.com). Am I right in assuming that the lack of Eurosport 2 listings on the site means that you can't get ESP2 in Australia? If so, that's not fair!

Like, for the past few years Eurosport have been sharing out coverage of most sports they cover between the 2 channels. So, ESP2 not being available in Australia means you are losing out on a lot of stuff, including the Junior Worlds.

So, you should start a campaign to get ESP2 in Oz.

CaroLiza_fan
    As far as I know, ESP2 is not available in Australia. I don't actually have Pay TV but a friend of mine does and she promised to record it for me if she found it. We've been watching skiing, snowboarding and biathlon world championships on Eurosport for the past couple of weeks so I'm kinda holding out hope that they might even delay broadcast JW. But I doubt it :(

Oh well, picking around for streams at stupid o'clock in morning, I guess. If my internet bandwidth is still stream-capable by then. Blasted US Nationals downloads.