Quote Originally Posted by Ambivalent View Post
I recently watched a documentary on the early part of Yuna's life and it featured all her struggles early on - getting adequate practice time, rinks too cold to practice, not being able to get good skating boots. And when I watch some of her earlier performances (and even her Arirang LP) I see a lot of pain and struggle in her expression. Some construe this reserved nature as a lack of artistry; I think it's the opposite. I thought her step sequence in her 2011 Worlds performance to Arirang to be the best she has ever done. If that's not purposeful I don't really know what is...
I agree that Yu Na has a very reserved quality in her skating. But whatever it is, I also agree it really worked for her in her Arirang program. Her step sequence in that program was just outstanding. I loved the placement of the spiral. There was just so much to love about that program. I wish she had kept it for this year. She was technically perfect in her long program at Korean Nationals, but so distant. The music cuts don't help.