4CC Ladies Free Skate | Page 8 | Golden Skate

4CC Ladies Free Skate

Kissx3

Final Flight
It's not that Mao is unbeatable, it's that she's back up to a level where she's actually competition for Yuna. Worlds will be so much more interesting this way.

vera01

Final Flight
SHE BROKE 200! AHHHHHHH! Yuna and Carolina better gear up! :biggrin:

Carolina should:) Not sure about Yuna. As long as Yuna skates two clean programs, she should be capable of getting a high score. And Caro... Caro at Euros didn't impress me. Her score was quite close to Adelina's...

kwanatic

Check out my YT channel, Bare Ice!
Record Breaker
That could be true, but keeping gracie back from future competitions is not going to help get a handle of her nerves and get more experience.

True, but worlds heading into an Olympic year is not the competition to be testing nerves. Hopefully she won't perform like she did here at worlds, though judging from everything else she's done this season, the chances aren't very high...

FlattFan

Match Penalty
Akiko -

3F-2T-2T - good
1A -
3Lutz - good ride out
great step sequence
good 3F
ok, she did enough to medal.
3Lo-2T
3Sal
3Lo

Ok, enough for silver.

Kuan

Final Flight
I think so too. When Yuna skates like she did at nationals, mao can´t beat her. Even with a clean tripel axel

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Akiko SUZUKI (JPN)

Music: O (from Cirque du Soleil)

3F+2T+2Lo
1A - twofooted, no combo
3Lz - e
FCSp
StSq
CCoSp
3F
3Lo+2T
3S
3Lo
ChSq
FCCoSp

One costly mistake, but the 6 triples will prob be enough for silver!

prettykeys

Medalist
Akiko had a shaky start but is skating with such joy towards the end. Who will it be for Silver - Akiko or Kanako!?! Yeah I think Akiko did enough to hold onto 2nd.

starryxskies

On the Ice
So proud of Suzuki!! Her LP is amazing!!! Easily best one this season

This makes me think .... what the ____ happened with the Japanese men?! The ladies smoked it!!

Selene

On the Ice
That could be true, but keeping gracie back from future competitions is not going to help get a handle of her nerves and get more experience.

She needs to enter Senior B's and other minor events to get more competition experience. She isn't ready to compete on the big stage. Her performance at Worlds could be reminiscent of Alissa Czisny's, considering her meltdown at 4CC's (much lower profile event.)

willdu

On the Ice
I also love how all the coaches are handed piles and piles of gifts from their skaters.

Ambivalent

On the Ice
I think it's a toss up between Mao and Yu-Na (and Carolina) at this point.

One reason why I've always favoured Yu-Na on the TES front is because her jumps have so much more air and flow out of them. Mao is good but she doesn't fully rotate as much, doesn't have as much speed and thus doesn't come out of her jumps nearly as well as Yu-Na or Carolina do. One way the Mao camp have tried to rectify this is by adding in harder content (and this was their strategy at 2010 Olys). When it pays off, it's excellent but at the moment Mao is still a bit hit and miss.

No doubt that if Mao hits her 3A and 3F-3Lo, she will have her chances to win. No one is unbeatable. Worlds is open. (And Yu-Na isn't competition fit yet I don't think).

figuristka

Medalist
Akiko was delightful, love her skating. Well done to the japanese ladies. Looks like my predictions were right, but well deserved for Mao, Akiko and Kanako.

FlattFan

Match Penalty
if yuna skates clean, then I think she can beat mao.
but mao is definitely having an amazing season! good for her! :clap:

If yuna is perfectly clean, and mao has a few URs, then yes.
Mao's content is insane. 8 triples vs. 6 triples from Yuna.

I think Carolina will have the highest PCS if she's anywhere near clean. Her PCS is insanely high compare to Mao's.

prettykeys

Medalist
Haha Eurosports commentators said this 4CC's put the Euro Championships to shame...and is better than many Worlds. I agree! It's been a killer competition. (Taking both the Men's and Ladies' competitions into account.)

koriani

Rinkside
all-japanese podium. nice!

i'm so proud of all of these ladies! especially akiko, mao, kanako, zijun li, and chirstina!!