Page 11 of 40 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast

Thread: 4CC Ladies Free Skate

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by delray1977 View Post
    That could be true, but keeping gracie back from future competitions is not going to help get a handle of her nerves and get more experience.
    She needs to enter Senior B's and other minor events to get more competition experience. She isn't ready to compete on the big stage. Her performance at Worlds could be reminiscent of Alissa Czisny's, considering her meltdown at 4CC's (much lower profile event.)

Medalist
    I also love how all the coaches are handed piles and piles of gifts from their skaters.

Custom Title
    I think it's a toss up between Mao and Yu-Na (and Carolina) at this point.

One reason why I've always favoured Yu-Na on the TES front is because her jumps have so much more air and flow out of them. Mao is good but she doesn't fully rotate as much, doesn't have as much speed and thus doesn't come out of her jumps nearly as well as Yu-Na or Carolina do. One way the Mao camp have tried to rectify this is by adding in harder content (and this was their strategy at 2010 Olys). When it pays off, it's excellent but at the moment Mao is still a bit hit and miss.

No doubt that if Mao hits her 3A and 3F-3Lo, she will have her chances to win. No one is unbeatable. Worlds is open. (And Yu-Na isn't competition fit yet I don't think).

Akiko was delightful, love her skating. Well done to the japanese ladies. Looks like my predictions were right, but well deserved for Mao, Akiko and Kanako.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by koriani View Post
    if yuna skates clean, then I think she can beat mao.
    but mao is definitely having an amazing season! good for her!
    If yuna is perfectly clean, and mao has a few URs, then yes.
    Mao's content is insane. 8 triples vs. 6 triples from Yuna.

I think Carolina will have the highest PCS if she's anywhere near clean. Her PCS is insanely high compare to Mao's.

can't come down to Earth prettykeys's Avatar
    Haha Eurosports commentators said this 4CC's put the Euro Championships to shame...and is better than many Worlds. I agree! It's been a killer competition. (Taking both the Men's and Ladies' competitions into account.)

Quote Originally Posted by willdu View Post
    I would give Akiko the silver. Her PCS should carry her.
    I would give it to her on the basis that her program AND performance were MESMERIZING.

Custom Title
    Yay, Akiko finally got the kind of PCS she deserves!!!

More or less: more is more sequinsgalore's Avatar
    Suzuki

FS: 60.10 + 64.33 = 124.43
    Total: 190.08 (PB) and SILVER!

On the Ice
    all-japanese podium. nice!

i'm so proud of all of these ladies! especially akiko, mao, kanako, zijun li, and chirstina!!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by FlattFan View Post
    If yuna is perfectly clean, and mao has a few URs, then yes.
    Mao's content is insane. 8 triples vs. 6 triples from Yuna.

I think Carolina will have the highest PCS if she's anywhere near clean. Her PCS is insanely high compare to Mao's.
    I think it's time for Yu-Na to bring back her loop. I mean, Carolina and Mao are pushing the technical front - now it's time for Yu-Na to do the same (barring injury concerns).

Anyone who says Yu-Na can't do a loop is kidding and hasn't seen her perform it - her loop is actually an excellent jump, but mentally she has to break that barrier to get it into competition.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambivalent View Post
    I think it's time for Yu-Na to bring back her loop.
    Hip injury. Don't really want her to go the way of Lipinski.

can't come down to Earth prettykeys's Avatar
    I have to go back to watch Zijun Li's FS. I'm happy to hear she also did well.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Ambivalent View Post
    I think it's time for Yu-Na to bring back her loop.
    About time! She doesn't have much cushion for PCS anymore. Carolina definitely caught up, maybe even surpassed. Mao's catching up.
    Mao ups her content to Men level.
    Caro ups her content to some men level.
    Yuna will need to up her content to keep up. Never thought I would say that.

Custom Title
    At euros the big jump the winner did was a lutz and doubled two salchows so eurosport is totally right and good to see Mao debut this season so strongly lol

Page 11 of 40 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast