Page 22 of 40 FirstFirst ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ... LastLast
Results 316 to 330 of 594

Thread: 4CC Ladies Free Skate

  1. #316
    Tripping on the Podium
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    58
    Quote Originally Posted by vera01 View Post
    205.45

    I still think Yuna can beat Mao. Am I the only one??
    Nope, you are not the only one. I think a lot of people think this is Kim's World to win. I think one of the major differences between Kim and the rest of the field..she makes skating look absolutely effortless (shows up in PCS..skating skills). Because we haven't seen Kim that much, we are prone to judge what we immediately see in front of us e.g. the Japanese skaters, Gold at Nationals, Osmond at her Nationals, and Kostner at her nationals (people seem to be forgetting about Kostner too in this thread... bad oversight IMO) etc. But as i've said before, Kim is on a mission and I don't think the rest of the field can do anything about it...even Asada with her 3A...although it does make it a lot more interesting.
    Last edited by sask8; 02-10-2013 at 11:43 AM.

  2. #317
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    2,125
    Thanks to all of those who collected the vids for all of us to enjoy.

  3. #318
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,728
    LADIES FREE SKATE - RESULT & VIDEOS (Updated)

    1. Mao ASADA (JPN) - 205.45 Free Skate, 2nd Copy, 3rd Copy
    2. Akiko SUZUKI (JPN) - 190.08 Free Skate, 2nd Copy, 3rd Copy
    3. Kanako MURAKAMI (JPN) - 181.03 Free Skate, 2nd Copy
    4. Christina GAO (USA) - 176.28 Free Skate, 2nd Copy
    5. Zijun LI (CHN) - 170.42 Free Skate, 2nd Copy
    6. Gracie GOLD (USA) - 166.66 Free Skate, 2nd Copy
    7. Kaetlyn OSMOND (CAN) - 159.38 Free Skate, 2nd Copy
    8. Agnes ZAWADZKI (USA) - 158.99 Free Skate, 2nd Copy
    9. Amelie LACOSTE (CAN) - 155.08 Free Skate, 2nd Copy
    10. Kexin ZHANG (CHN) - 148.34 Free Skate, 2nd Copy
    11. Julianne SEGUIN (CAN) - 146.58
    12. Brooklee HAN (AUS) - 134.90
    13. Reyna HAMUI (MEX) - 123.69
    14. Chantelle KERRY (AUS) - 118.11
    15. Crystal KIANG (TPE) - 109.15
    16. Yeon Jun PARK (KOR) - 106.79
    17. Melissa BULANHAGUI (PHI) - 106.36
    18. Lejeanne MARAIS (RSA) - 105.06
    19. Melinda WANG (TPE) - 96.95
    20. Ami PAREKH (IND) - 88.39

  4. #319
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    7,378
    Im late but wow, Congrats to Mao, she's back !

    Im shocked Osmond didnt get overscored, but then again this wasnt held in Canada
    but I am almost certain even with 2 falls, Osmond will be in Top 5 at Worlds as it i will be held on home ground and the inflation will be back

    sad for Gracie

  5. #320
    Forever stuck on those steps Li'Kitsu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1,024
    Quote Originally Posted by Icey
    Even that is not the best solution as the jump really should get some negative goe. What is the point of having a tech caller if he is going to be overridden in this manner.
    Because the UR call already decreases the BV of the jump?


    But, whatever the naysayers still need to complain about, Mao is a real champion!
    The development from the beginning of the season until now is just incredible. Even if she didn't fully rotate all of those triples by now, this was her first attempt at a 8-triple program, and for that she did really well. Both calls on the 3A and 2A-3T were quite strict (though justifiable), maybe another caller would have given credit to those jumps. If she continues on like she did this season, and keeps getting better, she might really manage a 8-triple program in Sochi!
    You can never count out Mao, never ever. Since 2010, she has reworked her jumping technique, and additionally even made progress in other areas too. And despite my initial reaction, I even like her new dress.

    Very happy for Akiko and Kanako. Both had amazing skates. There was so much beauty in the ladies competition. Worlds will be so exciting!

    Chrisitina did really well too. Hopefully, she will continue like that next season and will show the USFSA who's boss

  6. #321
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    854
    [QUOTE=Li'Kitsu;711420]And despite my initial reaction, I even like her new dress.

    /QUOTE]

    I thought it was hideous when I first saw it; however, after watching her skate in it, it was actually quite nice. Even with all the feathers...!

  7. #322
    Custom Title Minze2001's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    606
    Quote Originally Posted by Li'Kitsu View Post
    Because the UR call already decreases the BV of the jump?


    But, whatever the naysayers still need to complain about, Mao is a real champion!
    The development from the beginning of the season until now is just incredible. Even if she didn't fully rotate all of those triples by now, this was her first attempt at a 8-triple program, and for that she did really well. Both calls on the 3A and 2A-3T were quite strict (though justifiable), maybe another caller would have given credit to those jumps. If she continues on like she did this season, and keeps getting better, she might really manage a 8-triple program in Sochi!
    You can never count out Mao, never ever. Since 2010, she has reworked her jumping technique, and additionally even made progress in other areas too. And despite my initial reaction, I even like her new dress.

    Very happy for Akiko and Kanako. Both had amazing skates. There was so much beauty in the ladies competition. Worlds will be so exciting!

    Chrisitina did really well too. Hopefully, she will continue like that next season and will show the USFSA who's boss

    Agree!!! What a champion. The free skate was not perfect but she was in a class of her own. This program makes her a strong conterder at worlds

  8. #323
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    2,125
    Lacoste has some fine qualities. Too bad about the jumps.

  9. #324
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    479
    Can someone tell me what happened to Kexin Zhang? Did she got injured? I really love her high jumps.

  10. #325
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    135
    Quote Originally Posted by Li'Kitsu View Post

    Chrisitina did really well too. Hopefully, she will continue like that next season and will show the USFSA who's boss
    So thrilled for Christina once again...going to Harvard and skating competitively is no easy task (we've seen many struggle with balancing skating and college), but Christina is really succeeding at it (apparently she pulled an all-nighter to finish a school project the day after getting back from the GPF). She has all the technique to be competitive and she's a much more artistic skater than pretty much all of the other US ladies...it's a pity she always gets out-skated at nationals/has stupid mistakes, but it's refreshing to see her do well internationally!
    The Japanese ladies are just so impressive and are in a league of their own, especially Mao. I'm very proud of her for sticking around and remaining competitive even after all the ups and downs she's had...remember when she was all anyone could talk about 8 years ago before/at Torino b/c she as too young to compete?

  11. #326
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    2,387
    I hope Gracie isn't turning into another Mirai or Alissa. Next season will tell us more about her competitive nature. To much pressure this season with all this nonsense that people have been saying about her being the savior of US Ladies. As for Gao going to Worlds instead of Gracie she's older and it shows. Plus until this year Christina didn't stick out at all with her skating and actually had a mediocre season in 2011-2012. If she wanted to go to Worlds then she needed to beat Gracie. She didn't so she's not going.

  12. #327
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    2,125
    Christina will be taking a year off from college this coming season. Christina is 18; Gracie 17.

  13. #328
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    7,378
    Quote Originally Posted by Icey View Post
    Christina will be taking a year off from college this coming season.
    very nice. she looks really determined to make it to Sochi

  14. #329
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    123
    Quote Originally Posted by Icey View Post
    Lacoste has some fine qualities. Too bad about the jumps.
    I agree - but I also think she got a bit hosed here. She skated better than Osmond, Gold and Agnes Zzzzzz here.

  15. #330
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    7,378
    Quote Originally Posted by hippomoomin View Post
    Can someone tell me what happened to Kexin Zhang? Did she got injured? I really love her high jumps.
    Kexin without jumps is nothing, she has no expression and skates like a robot

Page 22 of 40 FirstFirst ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •