Page 31 of 40 FirstFirst ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 LastLast

Thread: 4CC Ladies Free Skate

Am I the only one who thinks that Li was extremely underscored in PCS?? Gao, Zawadzki, even Gold received a higher PCS!! She deserved something around 57-58 for me!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by FSGMT View Post
    Am I the only one who thinks that Li was extremely underscored in PCS?? Gao, Zawadzki, even Gold received a higher PCS!! She deserved something around 57-58 for me!
    Definitely not! I already expressed my feeling and I'm glad we feel the same way. Li deserved much higher pcs!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Icey View Post
    Is it wise for Mao to be playing with her jump layout this close to Worlds?

How many more sub expectation performances from Kaetlyn before she changes coaches?
    Mao - She really needed to add the difficulty she showed at 4CC if she hopes to finish any better than 3rd at Worlds. Carolina now does all the triples through the lutz and Yuna has 3-3s planned in the short and long. Both can match (or surpass) Mao on PCS so Mao has to match these ladies on TES.

Kaetlyn - I think the bigger problem is people's expectations and not her coaching situation. A lot of great skaters have good early results before going through some shaky results. She is now burdened with a bit more expectation than before so she has to learn to deal with that like other great skaters in the past. She will, but it is unreasonable to expect she wouldn't have a rough patch.

So, Kaetlyn can go through a rough patch, but Gracie can't on the learning curve? Can we say double standard, folks?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by mskater93 View Post
    So, Kaetlyn can go through a rough patch, but Gracie can't on the learning curve? Can we say double standard, folks?
    agreed and to think Gracie is better than Osmond
    Gracie has the IT factor, the looks, huge and difficult jumps

Custom Title
    To be fair, Gracie's pressure is far greater than Osmond's, in bringing back 3 spots. It's not like people are asking Osmond to place in the top 2 so that Canada can have three spots.

Gracie has not just harder jumps but some of the best jumps. However, consistency goes to Osmond, IMO. I think people are being harder on Gracie because she's had inconsistencies this season (and thus they're freaking out about Worlds) whereas this has been Osmond's first bad competition.

Quote Originally Posted by mskater93 View Post
    Canada doesn't have a "better alternative" to Kaetlyn in either technicality or consistency. Up till 4CC, she's been consistent. The US definitely has better alternatives to Gracie in terms of consistency - which is a better method of risking taking if they want 3 spots back.

It's not a double standard if they both are in completely different situations.

Custom Title
    I would have given her (overall) higher PCS over Gold and Zawadski.

Gracie is better than Osmond in jumps but not everything else (imo) and I'm not a fan of either.
    Last edited by lavender; 02-12-2013 at 11:11 AM.

Custom Title
    Not only you.

I believe, Li deserves bronse medal and podium at 4CC.

Quote Originally Posted by drivingmissdaisy View Post
    Mao - She really needed to add the difficulty she showed at 4CC if she hopes to finish any better than 3rd at Worlds. Carolina now does all the triples through the lutz and Yuna has 3-3s planned in the short and long. Both can match (or surpass) Mao on PCS so Mao has to match these ladies on TES.

Kaetlyn - I think the bigger problem is people's expectations and not her coaching situation. A lot of great skaters have good early results before going through some shaky results. She is now burdened with a bit more expectation than before so she has to learn to deal with that like other great skaters in the past. She will, but it is unreasonable to expect she wouldn't have a rough patch.
    If carolina skates the way she did at euros the match for gold will be asada vs kim assuming mao skates her amazing short program the way she did at 4cc. But anything can happen it is after all ice

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Minze2001 View Post
    If carolina skates the way she did at euros the match for gold will be asada vs kim
    Past season Carolina was better at Worlds than before Worlds (including Euro).

Now Carolina works seriously on jumps. She restored 3Lz. She doubled both 3S at Euro, but may perform them normally at Worlds.
    As Kiira Korpi (who newer was excellent jumper) she at this season has programs with (potentially) 3 triples in SP and 7 triples in FS.
    Carolina has very good PCS now (for last years), so Mao needs very serious technical content to win her.

Don't forget Liza and Adelina, their technical level may be very high, Adelina's PCS are also good.

These five (Mao, Yuna, Carolina, Liza, Adelina) plus Ashley are main pretenders to Worlds Medals. Six Ladies for three medals.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadianSkaterGuy View Post
    To be fair, Gracie's pressure is far greater than Osmond's, in bringing back 3 spots. It's not like people are asking Osmond to place in the top 2 so that Canada can have three spots.

Gracie has not just harder jumps but some of the best jumps. However, consistency goes to Osmond, IMO. I think people are being harder on Gracie because she's had inconsistencies this season (and thus they're freaking out about Worlds) whereas this has been Osmond's first bad competition.
    Gracie has the big US ladies machine behind her, she's been around at the elite level longer, and she is in the states where the us lady champion and representatives are held with great and high esteem. Katelyn skates at the local mall; it's not the same as in Canada v. USA.

Custom Title
    Gracie has been at the elite level for not even a couple years and yet people were expecting ridiculous things from her this year. All this talk about her being the savior of US Ladies skating was way over the top as well as her getting that 3rd spot back. She needs to progress at her own pace and not the expectations of fans or the media. Her best years will be after Sochi. Remember just two years ago she didn't even make Nationals in her first year as a Junior so it's not unexpected that she's learning the hard way.
    Last edited by Jammers; 02-12-2013 at 01:25 PM.

So far it seems like Worlds will be like this:

1. Yu-Na Kim
    2. Mao Asada
    3. Carolina Kostner.
    4. Akiko Suzuki
    5. Adelina Kostner
    6. Ashley Wagner
    7. Elizaveta Tuktamysheva
    8. Zijun Li
    9. Gracie Gold
    10. Kaetlyn Osmond/ Kanako Murakami

Akiko can move up. If she gets the PCS scores she rightfully deserves during 4CC and lands the double axel triple toe Akiko may score up to 200 +. She is truly in the running.

Page 31 of 40 FirstFirst ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 LastLast