Page 40 of 40 FirstFirst ... 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40

Thread: 4CC Ladies Free Skate

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    The forum server change over took a lot of posts with it, including a whole thread that I started.

http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/sho...897#post713897

The site owner is trying to recover lost posts.

[QUOTE=chloepoco;711422]
    Quote Originally Posted by Li'Kitsu View Post
    And despite my initial reaction, I even like her new dress.

/QUOTE]

I thought it was hideous when I first saw it; however, after watching her skate in it, it was actually quite nice. Even with all the feathers...!
    It does have a lot of feathers... Almost rivals some of Bobrova's old costumes.

Banned

Re: 4CC Ladies Free Skate

Quote Originally Posted by enzet View Post
    So is Midori's 3A as badly cheated on the take-off as Mao's or is it actually the only clean 3A ever done by a lady along with that of Harding?
    Seems to me, you cannot quite make up your mind.

Anyway, this whole pseudo-analysis is ridiculous beyond words.
    Obviously I went back and looked at them.

Didn't Mao train under Ito's coach for a while when she was younger?
    Last edited by SkateNater; 02-20-2013 at 11:39 AM.

On the Ice
    Quote Originally Posted by SkateNater View Post
    Obviously I went back and looked at them.

Didn't Mao train under Ito's coach for a while when she was younger?
    Yes, she did and while some of Yamada's students are known for having a bad flutz, there is absolutely nothing wrong with either Midori's or Mao's axel take-off.

IMHO Midori had the best triple axel ever among the ladies, period. Harding's was also huge and quite impressive, but I just couldn't stand how tilted she often was in the air. This is just my personal preference though, others might be more bothered by Midori's leg wrap.

Anyway, all of these three ladies (have) had a triple axel.
    Mao may underroate it on the landing from time to time but to suggest her 3A is closer to a double or that she can't even do a double axel or double jumps is just too much to take anything you write on this subject seriously, sorry.

I think there is or at least should be a line between debating technical issues and being just plain disrespectful.
    Last edited by enzet; 02-21-2013 at 12:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by enzet View Post
    yes, she did and while some of yamada's students are known for having a bad flutz, there is absolutely nothing wrong with either midori's or mao's axel take-off.

Imho midori had the best triple axel ever among the ladies, period. Harding's was also huge and quite impressive, but i just couldn't stand how tilted she often was in the air. This is just my personal preference though, others might be more bothered by midori's leg wrap.

Anyway, all of these three ladies (have) had a triple axel.
    Mao may underroate it on the landing from time to time but to suggest her 3a is closer to a double or that she can't even do a double axel or double jumps is just too much to take anything you write on this subject seriously, sorry.

i think there is or at least should be a line between debating technical issues and being just plain disrespectful.
    this!

Banned

Re: 4CC Ladies Free Skate

I didn't disrespect anyone so I'm ignoring that. Don't see how me critiquing the technique is somehow more offensive than posters basically telling me I'm hallucinating...

Yamata teaches a very lunged axel take off that promotes that prerogative. She is known for teaching sloppy technique.

Midori was a great jumper but she had more than her share of flaws in her technique. With a better coach she'd have probably be doing quads. Harding's Axel technique was technically superior to that of Ito, and she did have better technique on her flip and Lutz. The only thing Midori's had over Harding was better consistency.

They were both phenols as far as I'm concerned, so it's not really use going off on that tangent, cause I'll feel the need to rip the videos off YouTube and load them into my video analysis program to display what km talking. About, yet again.
    Last edited by SkateNater; 02-21-2013 at 11:52 PM.

Custom Title

Midori was a great jumper but she had more than her share of flaws in her technique. With a better coach she'd have probably be doing quads. Harding's Axel technique was technically superior to that of Ito, and she did have better technique on her flip and Lutz. The only thing Midori's had over Harding was better consistency.
    ...seriously? Harding had an explosive triple axel in terms of power and speed, but her air position was quite poor (tilted and off-axis) and the landing was often quite precarious with a wild swinging free leg.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by evangeline View Post
    ...seriously? Harding had an explosive triple axel in terms of power and speed, but her air position was quite poor (tilted and off-axis) and the landing was often quite precarious with a wild swinging free leg.
    Seriously.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aYViHpq1KTs

Everything you said can be applied to Ito, who had worse air position than Harding and a ton of precarious landings with a swinging free leg on her 3A's.
    Last edited by SkateNater; 02-22-2013 at 11:57 AM.

On the Ice
    Seriously.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aYViHpq1KTs

Everything you said can be applied to Ito, who had worse air position than Harding and a ton of precarious landings with a swinging free leg on her 3A's.
    Not sure what exactly you wanted to demonstrate by that video, but it's a perfect example of everything I don't like about Harding's 3A (if I wanted to be very picky, it's still an impressive jump!).
    She has done much better axels than this one.

As for Midori, no, she had a much better air position, landing, as well as setting up for the jump. The only thing that could be criticized is her leg wrap, that I don't mind at all, but I know some others do, and it's understandable, since it could be called a technical flaw.

As for you "hallucinating," as you yourself called it, to be perfectly honest, on in this particular subject, I think you are.
    I don't find your posts offensive in general and I actually think you are able to discuss things in a pretty civilized manner, which I appreciate, but I absolutely don't see what you are seeing here, and neither do most other skating fans or experts, I suppose.

If I decide to claim that Plushenko cannot do a 4T, or even a 3T or a 2T for that matter, and start posting videos and long elaborates that actually do not prove anything of that kind, I cannot expect others to just automatically accept it as a fact.

Page 40 of 40 FirstFirst ... 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40