Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6

Thread: Vintage Kurt

Custom Title
    Sometimes when I like an artist, an entertainer, or an athlete who's tops in his/her field, I feel a bit guilty, because I know that this person isn't very nice in real life. I'm thinking all the way back to composer Richard Wagner, whose music gets to me despite the fact that he was a very unpleasant human being. I will always be a Steve McQueen fan, but I wouldn't have wanted to meet him for any amount of money. How wonderful, then, to realize that being a Kurt fan brings no such worries. He's one of the good guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Olympia View Post
    Sometimes when I like an artist, an entertainer, or an athlete who's tops in his/her field, I feel a bit guilty, because I know that this person isn't very nice in real life. I'm thinking all the way back to composer Richard Wagner, whose music gets to me despite the fact that he was a very unpleasant human being. I will always be a Steve McQueen fan, but I wouldn't have wanted to meet him for any amount of money. How wonderful, then, to realize that being a Kurt fan brings no such worries. He's one of the good guys.
    Most times, it's better to admire from afar.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Olympia View Post
    Ditto to that! I know several people who have met him and they all say the same thing about him - wonderful guy! Sadly, I have never met him but I'm not giving up!

Custom Title
    Complete skater and entertainer. I will say I find it annoying when he has to put on his "root for Skate Canada" hat and make provide commentary which can seem as if he is being made aware who his primary audience is. There are other commentators who are FAR worse. Far worse. But with Kurt, his candor and intelligence being what I expect, it is disappointing when his comments seems colored beyond his view as a skater/athlete/entertainer. He is consummate in these regards, and while it may be unfair to hold him to such a high (arguably higher) standard than others, I do feel this way.

Rinkside
    Just got home from SOI in Chicago. Just seeing Kurt Browning skate was worth the price of the ticket. He could do nothing but footwork all night long and I would be a happy camper. It was great seeing Dorothy too. She personifies grace on ice. She just seems to float across the ice. First time to see SOI and I and am so glad I went.

Custom Title
    I just found this online: a "masters of footwork" competition between Kurt, Paul Wylie, and Scott. Mind-boggling. You'll laugh...you'll cry.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QCap...=results_video

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6