Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: To Skate or Not to Skate at Sochi

Custom Title
    Good news, both Plushenko and Eldredge are favorites of mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Buttercup View Post
    Exactly so. Also, what seniorita said.

He's going to skate pairs with Michelle Kwan.
    Quote Originally Posted by Olympia View Post
    >giggle<

What a great image that conjures up. (And in my heart of hearts, I wish you were right about this, Buttercup!)
    I this idea, but I doubt it will happen! Still waiting to hear from Ladskater on this. Come on, Lad!

Outdated Old Dinosaur
    I'm totally in favor of a Michelle/Todd pairs team!

Heck, considering my low opinion of the status of pairs skating worldwide, I think they could be medal contenders!

Only downside: they would jump & spin in opposite directions, wouldn't they? Isn't Todd a lefty? I've never been a huge fan of that particular dynamic, although Yamaguchi/Galindo found ways to make it work... for example their pairs spiral transition into mirror double axels. Still one of my favorite pairs moves ever.

Custom Title
    So is Eldredge coming back or not?

May we ask for confirmation of your source Ladskater?

Banned
    As long as they get no special consideration for their past results and are only taking something away from younger skaters IF they truly earn and deserve it then older skaters continuing past their best before date is fine. It is their life to waste. Of course there are times it becomes so pitiful it is almost unbearable to watch like Suguri, or potentially long term damaging to ones own body with almost no chance of getting the reward in return to make it worthwhile like Plushenko.

Personally I think Lysacek, Plushenko, and Weir are all stupid to come back as they have no chance of coming close to their former success, and only Plushenko might have a shot to win a medal of some kind at the Games (a very outside shot of a individual bronze or a real shot of a team medal) , but in his case he is the one who is risking long term damage to his body. However it is their lives to waste. I dont think Evan is even planning a comeback though, and it is just a big PR BS stunt like Liukin in 2010, and even then I dont think it is worthwhile as he is giving up lots of money on Stars on Ice to supposably prepare for competitions that never happen.

Custom Title
    Todd Eldridge is 41 and didn't do transitions or quads. He would not make it out of Regionals.

Custom Title
    I tink this rumour about Eldridge is an accident. I don't think they were talking 2014. Maybe 2002 but not 2014. Eldridgeis happily married, with a family and has hhad major surgery. His competitive days are long since gone and unless he was hoping ht emedia might follow him there is no real gain. It is sad to see Plushenko suffer in pain but he still has a shot at a medal and being relevant.

On the Ice
    Quote Originally Posted by glam View Post
    I don't understand this thread.
    Agreed. As if anyone has the simple choice

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2