Page 10 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 4cc Free Dance

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by icefan1005 View Post
    We don't really know what happened though. Tessa looked like she was gonna pass out, which would be worse. And don't worry your heart, D/W still won.
    D/W won against V/M with a break. This is to condition the judging community that when V/M doesn't stop, they should beat D/W.

Medalist
    Quote Originally Posted by figureskate View Post
    v/m free dance video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGEJKyFoNSo not sure it's been posted already
    They've changed a few things. They had better GOE for the elements than D/W before the aborted lift. They'll just need to clean up and secure all their levels. Worlds will be close between the two.

ETA: The Japanese are a wonderful audience. Very supportive.

Custom Title
    And when is a competition NOT close between these two? That's why it is one of the best rivalries in any sport. So can we please keep the childish taunts off the board? It tarnishes the entire discussion.

Outdated Old Dinosaur
    Just caught the top two on YouTube. Stunning performance by D/W.

Filtering out the "pause," I still enjoyed V/M's FD more than I have in previous competitions.

The WC will be extremely important for V/M, from a sports psychology point of view. Win or lose, they've got to skate lights out... or D/W will "have their number."

Rinkside
    Quote Originally Posted by icefan1005 View Post
    We don't really know what happened though. Tessa looked like she was gonna pass out, which would be worse. And don't worry your heart, D/W still won.
    I just watched the V/M FD, and im so disappointed in the judging. Its one thing if theres a malfunction of sorts, but with all the team fighting hard through programs, they should have been deducted significantly, makes a joke out of the sport. She looked out of breath!!!

Cant wait for the two top teams to move on, seems like they could do no wrong, ever!

Custom Title
    FREE DANCE - RESULT & VIDEOS (Updated)

1. Meryl DAVIS & Charlie WHITE (USA) - 187.36 Free Dance, 2nd Copy
    2. Tessa VIRTUE & Scott MOIR (CAN) - 184.32 Free Dance, 2nd Copy
    3. Madison CHOCK & Evan BATES (USA) - 160.42 Free Dance
    4. Maia SHIBUTANI & Alex SHIBUTANI (USA) - 159.97
    5. Piper GILLES & Paul POIRIER (CAN) - 157.83 Free Dance
    6. Nicole ORFORD & Thomas WILLIAMS (CAN) - 139.10
    7. Cathy REED & Chris REED (JPN) - 131.04
    8. Danielle OBRIEN & Gregory MERRIMAN (AUS) - 123.88
    9. Xiaoyang YU & Chen WANG (CHN) - 108.82
    10. Anna NAGORNYUK & Viktor KOVALENKO (UZB) - 107.02
    11. Emi HIRAI & Marien DE LA ASUNCION (JPN) - 105.56
    12. Bryna OI & Taiyo MIZUTANI (JPN) - 89.80
    13. Pilar MAEKAWA & Leonardo MAEKAWA (MEX) - 85.02
    Last edited by Mao88; 02-10-2013 at 11:07 AM.

#TeamAUS
    On a completely different tone, who enjoyed the Aussies' program? Now that was entertaining! Pity I won't be seeing them at worlds. If only the isu lowered the tech min score of the sd from 29 to 28.50!

Medalist
    Quote Originally Posted by edge1 View Post
    I just watched the V/M FD, and im so disappointed in the judging. Its one thing if theres a malfunction of sorts, but with all the team fighting hard through programs, they should have been deducted significantly, makes a joke out of the sport. She looked out of breath!!!

Cant wait for the two top teams to move on, seems like they could do no wrong, ever!
    It can be a drawback of the IJS. "An interruption deduction only happens when a skater makes an error such as a fall and fails to return to the program quickly enough. Calling timeout is not considered interruption in excess so that's why virtue and moir did not get deducted." as explained by GF2445.

Custom Title
    How's this for weird

Spins and twizzles are stronger for D/W than V/M, but V/M outscored them here.
    Lifts tend to be basically equal - I don't think there's a trend; D/W won that.
    Footwork - V/M outGOED D/W by 0.01, but that pales in comparison to D/W's out levelling them on one step seqence (1.5 points difference right there).

D/W are clearly working like maniacs this year to avoid a repeat of last year. Very curious what happens at Worlds. I think D/W are the heavy favourites at this point.

Rinkside
    Well, I think it will be really hard for V/M on the Worlds after that second place. They`ve just put themselves under even higher pressure. They`ll really need to start working on that little details of Carmen (or they could just add some element, can they? I˙m not really familiar with the rules) to be able to gain enough points to beat Americans, since D/W now have a really strong leading position (as in self-confidence as also in difficulty of the programe), for me they are perfect this year.

If today`s flaw of V/M was intentional, it was a tactical mistake made towards themselves. Although I am a big fan of both couples, I am kind of slowly losing faith in V/M`s "big surprise to win the gold" on the worlds. Considering D/W, they should just keep drilling and upgrading Notre dame for Sochi and I am sure they are on a good way to get the olympic gold.

Can`t wait the worlds!!!
    Take care..

#TeamAUS
    I hope this becomes a discussion issue at the next congress. Figure skating is quite generous when it comes to these things. Maybe the idea of a receiving a deduction for calling a timeout only to continue can be a good idea. It should be like the deductions skaters receive for music or costume violations or interruptions- an add on penalty which does not affect the technical or presentation marks.

if you call time out you are causing a delay in the schedule. If you decide to withdraw its fine but if you restart paying a penalty is fair.

Also on a small side note, did anyone notice that virtue and moir were quite late in the music? Somehow they lost a lot of time between their spin and their circular step sequence.

Custom Title
    Asada can try a 3A in second half of the program. She can just stop the program, catch her breath for 2 minutes and do 3A. Very good ISU

Custom Title

2013 4cc Free Dance

I hope Tessa doesn't have some ongoing illness we don't know about. Was it at SCI when she had to run backstage, leaving Scott alone on the podium?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by rvi5 View Post
    I hope Tessa doesn't have some ongoing illness we don't know about. Was it at SCI when she had to run backstage, leaving Scott alone on the podium?
    Yes.

Medalist
    Quote Originally Posted by figureskater1995 View Post
    Well, I think it will be really hard for V/M on the Worlds after that second place. They`ve just put themselves under even higher pressure. They`ll really need to start working on that little details of Carmen (or they could just add some element, can they? I˙m not really familiar with the rules) to be able to gain enough points to beat Americans, since D/W now have a really strong leading position (as in self-confidence as also in difficulty of the programe), for me they are perfect this year.

If today`s flaw of V/M was intentional, it was a tactical mistake made towards themselves. Although I am a big fan of both couples, I am kind of slowly losing faith in V/M`s "big surprise to win the gold" on the worlds. Considering D/W, they should just keep drilling and upgrading Notre dame for Sochi and I am sure they are on a good way to get the olympic gold.

Can`t wait the worlds!!!
    Take care..
    I really don't think V/M's incident was intentional & I know you said if, but even suggesting that it was is sad.

Page 10 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast