2013 4cc Free Dance | Page 4 | Golden Skate

2013 4cc Free Dance

vera01

Final Flight
Tessa was really brave that she decided to continue. But poor Tessa. They should've WD.. I really hope that Tessa won't be sick at Worlds.

hurrah

Medalist
Gosh that's pretty unfair.Its not the first time in singles or pairs they stop and continue after an injury, illness, accident etc They are trained athletes, and would have done this program a hundred times. Something wasn't right if she couldn't breath. Iam not sure if their lift should have counted if it was stopped in the middle of it?

There wasn't anything that seriously wrong with her breathing was there, since they did the rest of the program competently? After a break?

vera01

Final Flight
Gosh that's pretty unfair.Its not the first time in singles or pairs they stop and continue after an injury, illness, accident etc They are trained athletes, and would have done this program a hundred times. Something wasn't right if she couldn't breath. Iam not sure if their lift should have counted if it was stopped in the middle of it?

I agree.

hurrah

Medalist
And is it fair for the rest of the skaters that they get such a break like that? If V/M get such a break, rest of the skaters should get similar breaks! That would make it fair.

vera01

Final Flight
There wasn't anything that seriously wrong with her breathing was there, since they did the rest of the program competently? After a break?

It wasn't a "break". Scott knew that Tessa had a problem, so they had to stop. Otherwise, Tessa would've been really sick. They almost WD.

icefan1005

Rinkside
And is it fair for the rest of the skaters that they get such a break like that? If V/M get such a break, rest of the skaters should get similar breaks! That would make it fair.

Weren't the Shibs allowed to restart at COR when they also had a problem? iirc that is.

blackswanphoto

On the Ice
Looks like we have a new rule in skating.. if you're tired take a 2 minute break in the middle of the program. pathetic!

figuristka

Medalist
I think stopping in the program did effect the pcs for V/M it just affects the performance of the program.

vera01

Final Flight

Well.. D/W would've had that "break" if they decided to stop in middle because either Meryl or Charlie had problems. It works the same way for all of the other skaters, too. It doesn't work as an advantage for Virtue/Moir. Clearly, this did affect their scores.

noidont

Final Flight
I think when Dimitry Soloviev had that slip-off at GPF B/S got a interruption of flow deduction, or something like that. You would think if you take a break in the middle of a program you at least get that?

figuristka

Medalist
Would you rather have them have an accident? Glad your not an ice dancer or coach.

The rules clearly state that if you interrupt a program, you start from where you stopped.

Virtue/Moir stopped after a failed lift attempt.

Hence, they should not have been allowed to repeat the lift. The rules are totally unambiguous on that and I really cannot believe that the referee has allowed this to happen. :rolleye:

Other than that, judging has made me furious as usual. I feel like I was watching a totally different competition.

I can't understand at all how Shibutanis could have clearly beaten Chock/Bates on the PCS, when C/B had more flow, more expression and a more complex program with quite a lot of choreographic detail. I also can't understand how Gilles/Poirier whose elements weren't very strong and who still look like he's dragging her across the ice could have placed 3rd in the FD. They didn't do too badly but their performance was nowhere near the level of both of the American teams.

Last edited:

Sk8Boi

Match Penalty
These events could be interpreted as a demonstration of the effects of competition pressure. D/W again demonstrated that they are the most consistent competitors in putting out skates that could win any world championship. They seem to do it nearly every time. V/M, for whatever reasons that are known, always seem to have seasons where they are developing a program and peaking with a full-potential program later in the seasons for the "big" competitions.

The scores D/W received were huge and better than what V/M had previously received. They had little experience skating that perfect Carmen program in competition this season. It is still in development. I am sure that after that D/W skate, it caused nerves and anxiety in V/M. She could have had a "panic attack" or enough anxiety to cause her to breath incorrectly during the skating, causing hyperventiltion or shortness of breath.

It looks to me that she simply, as described above, choked.

Now let's discuss.

vera01

Final Flight
I just want to say that Tessa obviously looked as if she could not continue at all. She should've had that break.

hurrah

Medalist
I don't want them to get an accident but I don't want them to win silver either. The penalty they got was disproportionate to what they did. They stopped for two minutes to catch a breath! They shouldn't get rewarded silver for that. They should be penalized more so that they don't end up second.

apple123

On the Ice
Can D/W fans get any more pathetic? Bashing V/M before knowing what's going on. It's brave of V/M to continue the program, and I'm sure they did it for the audience. They knew they wouldn't win when they stopped. Do you really think they cared for the silver medal enough to risk their health? Show some humanity and respect!

figuristka

Medalist
The rules clearly state that if you interrupt a program, you start from where you stopped.

Hence, they should not have been allowed to repeat the lift. The rules are totally unambiguous on that and I really cannot believe that the referee has allowed this to happen. :rolleye:

I wondered that too, if their lift should count. I do think G/P are overscored also.

Last edited by a moderator:

vera01

Final Flight
Can D/W fans get any more pathetic? Bashing V/M before knowing what's going on. It's brave of V/M to continue the program, and I'm sure they did it for the audience. They knew they wouldn't win when they stopped. Do you really think they cared for the silver medal enough to risk their health? Show some humanity and respect!

I agree.

blackswanphoto

On the Ice

Other than that, judging has made me furious as usual. I feel like I was watching a totally different competition.

I can't understand at all how Shibutanis could have clearly beaten Chock/Bates who had more flow, more expression and a more complex program with quite a lot of choreographic detail. I also can't understand how Gilles/Poirier whose elements weren't very strong and who still look like he's dragging her across the ice could have placed 3rd in the FD. They didn't do too badly but their performance was nowhere near the level of both of the American teams.

I totally agree. That's why this sport is getting less and less popular. It's a big joke with the judging. One couple lays an egg on the ice after a failed lift attempt where he was too tired to lift her and gets to start again with no penalty whatsoever. Other couple gets their scores totally inflated with a B level program. Looks like the judges at this event must have been on Skate Canada payroll.