Page 8 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 4cc Free Dance

Medalist
    Quote Originally Posted by skatingfan04 View Post
    From what I could tell, Scott didn't lift Tessa off of the ice before they stopped, so the lift hadn't actually begun yet. As far as I know, you need to begin the entry for it to count as an attempted element. When they stopped they were simply skating on two feet, so I think the re-start was fair.

D/W skated lights out, and deserved the win. I think V/M have a better program overall, but they didn't deserve the win with the interruption, and they didn't get it. It all seems fair to me. I'm just glad Tessa seemed to be OK at the end. Wouldn't want anyone hurt before worlds.

What I'm still scratching my head about is Gilles/Poirier. Where did the 97 point come from??
    The judges really love Poirier for some reason.

ISU, stop promoting 2-foot skating!
    Quote Originally Posted by Brenda View Post
    But the officials allowing them to restart (and count the lift) sets a dangerous precedent IF the reason is that Tessa was so out of breath she could not continue. (and I don't doubt that reason, it was clear how physically affected she was)...

What's the line between this and a skater knowingly packing four quads in a minute leaving him completely legitimately out of breath and physically unable to continue, then stopping and restarting after catching his breath for two minutes knowing its a valid reason? Skaters arrange jumps throughout the program and have obvious choreographic "resting" spots so they have the endurance for the 4-4.5 minute program. I think someone (maybe Plushenko?) said that a quad-quad combo in competition was possible if a program only lasted a minute, or something like that.
    Yes, it's setting a dangerous precedent.

Tripping on the Podium
    I don't think there was any failed attempt of the lift before the stop because I thought they were doing nothing on the ice after the step. I'm quite sure that Tessa knew she couldn't do the lift and didn't even tried it but to be certain I'll wait for the youtube.
    Last edited by sather; 02-10-2013 at 09:07 AM.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by vera01 View Post
    Did Shibs stop right before their lifts? I don't think Shibs got any deductions for this.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0lci9qn6tJs they didn't indeed, nor the lift was out of counting

pour atteindre l'inaccessible étoile! 1795's Avatar
    not even a deduction for program interruption? * suspicious*

Custom Title
    Does anyone know why C/B got such a low score? I was expecting at least a 99. Was there a penalty of some sort?

Quote Originally Posted by icefan1005 View Post
    The judges really love Poirier for some reason.
    There's plenty of reasons to love him. He's one of the strongest male ice dancers out there.

The problem is that Gilles is nowhere near his level yet.

Quote Originally Posted by sather View Post
    I don't think there was any failed attempt of the lift before the stop because I thought they were doing nothing on the ice after the step. I'm quite sure that Tessa knew she couldn't do the lift and didn't even tried but to be certain I'll wait for the youtube.
    He went into the spread eagle position, she moved so she stood face-to-face with him, he reached out to her ready to lift her up.

But my point is not that the lift should have been called at that point. It shouldn't have been because it didn't go up.

The point is that they kept on skating for a while and stopped.

And then they were allowed to restart the program not from the point where they stopped skating but from an earlier point. Before that lift.

That's what isn't fair.

Quote Originally Posted by 1795 View Post
    There are no deductions for program interruptions.

Custom Title
    If I remember correctly, Shibs did not receive a deduction for "program interruption".

Medalist
    Quote Originally Posted by sather View Post
    I don't think there was any failed attempt of the lift before the stop because I thought they were doing nothing on the ice after the step. I'm quite sure that Tessa knew she couldn't do the lift and didn't even tried but to be certain I'll wait for the youtube.
    They were gliding in an embrace and talking to/looking at each other. My problem with the restarted lift is that while they were gliding after the non-lift, it also looked like some of the simple romantic choreography skaters sometimes do. The program didn't necessarily look "interrupted" until quite a few seconds after the non-lift, unless you knew the choreography well.
    They could have stopped on a dime and talked it out or gone to the judges immediately.

Quote Originally Posted by blackswanphoto View Post
    Does anyone know why C/B got such a low score? I was expecting at least a 99. Was there a penalty of some sort?
    The protocols have been linked to like three times already. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Brenda View Post
    They could have stopped on a dime and talked it out or gone to the judges immediately.
    And this is another thing. It took them a very long time to actually stop skating and walk to the referee.

And then they restart from a point, like 10 seconds before they stopped skating if not not more.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by vera01 View Post
    If I remember correctly, Shibs did not receive a deduction for "program interruption".
    They got scored EXTREMELY low though. Even for a team that snore and bore as much as them, the score was much lower than their normal standard.

I still think the interuption affected their performance marks. That been said D/W had a fabulous skate.

Tripping on the Podium
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    But my point is not that the lift should have been called at that point. It shouldn't have been because it didn't go up.

The point is that they kept on skating for a while and stopped.

And then they were allowed to restart the program not from the point where they stopped skating but from an earlier point. Before that lift.

That's what isn't fair.
    oh.... right.... I get it. They didn't do the lift but it looked like they were trying to continue the program after not doing it for the short moment.

Medalist
    No deductions for that.

Page 8 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast