Page 9 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 4cc Free Dance

Quote Originally Posted by apple123 View Post
    First of all, I'm not referring to you. Secondly, I wouldn't call myself a fan if I do not show any concern when my players are in pain/trouble.(Now I'm referring to you.) Who cares about the damn silver medal?
    Well excuuuuuse me no need to get angry with me.

Quote Originally Posted by figuristka View Post
    I still think the interuption affected their performance marks. That been said D/W had a fabulous skate.
    One judge gave them a 9.75 for performance, which seems generous at best.

Rinkside
    Quote Originally Posted by blackswanphoto View Post
    Does anyone know why C/B got such a low score? I was expecting at least a 99. Was there a penalty of some sort?
    Because theyre not that good or exciting to watch ! he has a little bit of the " richy cunningham " look going on

Paying so much attention to what happend with V/M i never realized G/P were 3rd in the Free. They are exciting and flamboyant and i do think he has strong skating skills but i thought the Shibs are stronger skaters overall. C/B i would have to watch.

Custom Title
    I don't watch a lot of ice dance, and I couldn't care less who becomes world champion this year, V/M or D/W. But this was a pretty shocking result. There is no way V/M should have been that close to D/W. Even without the interruption, they were pretty off performance-wise all through the program, otoh D/W gave everything they had. I agree with the people shouting "overmarked" and "dangerous precedent".

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Trewyn View Post
    I don't watch a lot of ice dance, and I couldn't care less who becomes world champion this year, V/M or D/W. But this was a pretty shocking result. There is no way V/M should have been that close to D/W. Even without the interruption, they were pretty off performance-wise all through the program, otoh D/W gave everything they had. I agree with the people shouting "overmarked" and "dangerous precedent".
    I agree that V/M's FD score should've been lower. Therefore, their total score should've been only slightly lower than the total score they received. Their SD was amazing.

#TeamAUS
    Before we start accusing virtue and of cheating, let's wait for an official statement to be released. I doubt that they purposefully stopped to 'take a breather.' Tessa actually looked quite sick.

About the lift, Scott did not actually lift Tessa up on the combo lift. When you watch it again, you'll see that Tessa's feet were firmly on the ice. If Scott was able to lift Tessa up, but then they stopped, that combo lift would not have counted. Because of that they were allowed to attempt again.

Also there is a difference between stopping due to an injury/medical timeout and interruption in excess. An interruption deduction only happens when a skater makes an error such as a fall and fails to return to the program quickly enough. Calling timeout is not considered interruption in excess so that's why virtue and moir did not get deducted.
    Last edited by GF2445; 02-10-2013 at 09:38 AM.

Medalist
    Quote Originally Posted by GF2445 View Post
    Before we start accusing virtue and of cheating, let's wait for an official statement to be released. I doubt that they purposefully stopped to 'take a breather.' Tessa actually looked quite sick.

About the lift, Scott did not actually lift Tessa up on the combo lift. When you watch it again, you'll see that Tessa's feet were firmly on the ice. If Scott was able to lift Tessa up, but then they stopped, that combo lift would not have counted. Because of that they were allowed to attempt again.

Also there is a difference between stopping due to an injury/medical timeout and interruption in excess. An interruption deduction only happens when a skater makes an error such as a fall and fails to return to the program quickly enough. Calling timeout is not considered interruption in excess so that's why virtue and moir did not get deducted.
    Yes, I think that's why they were allowed to restart with the lift.

Thanks GF2445 for explaining.

Custom Title
    FREE DANCE - RESULT & VIDEOS

1. Meryl DAVIS & Charlie WHITE (USA) - 187.36 Free Dance
    2. Tessa VIRTUE & Scott MOIR (CAN) - 184.32 Free Dance
    3. Madison CHOCK & Evan BATES (USA) - 160.42
    4. Maia SHIBUTANI & Alex SHIBUTANI (USA) - 159.97
    5. Piper GILLES & Paul POIRIER (CAN) - 157.83
    6. Nicole ORFORD & Thomas WILLIAMS (CAN) - 139.10
    7. Cathy REED & Chris REED (JPN) - 131.04
    8. Danielle OBRIEN & Gregory MERRIMAN (AUS) - 123.88
    9. Xiaoyang YU & Chen WANG (CHN) - 108.82
    10. Anna NAGORNYUK & Viktor KOVALENKO (UZB) - 107.02
    11. Emi HIRAI & Marien DE LA ASUNCION (JPN) - 105.56
    12. Bryna OI & Taiyo MIZUTANI (JPN) - 89.80
    13. Pilar MAEKAWA & Leonardo MAEKAWA (MEX) - 85.02
    Last edited by Mao88; 02-10-2013 at 10:16 AM.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by blackswanphoto View Post
    It means by some strange coincidence when D/W have an amazing skate and V/M skate right after them Tessa gets sick.
    Yeah. So D/W's wins are tarnished because they didn't beat a "clean" V/M.

Just curious what the penalty would be if every team decided to take a break in the middle of their program.

Quote Originally Posted by Sk8Boi View Post
    These events could be interpreted as a demonstration of the effects of competition pressure. D/W again demonstrated that they are the most consistent competitors in putting out skates that could win any world championship. They seem to do it nearly every time. V/M, for whatever reasons that are known, always seem to have seasons where they are developing a program and peaking with a full-potential program later in the seasons for the "big" competitions.

The scores D/W received were huge and better than what V/M had previously received. They had little experience skating that perfect Carmen program in competition this season. It is still in development. I am sure that after that D/W skate, it caused nerves and anxiety in V/M. She could have had a "panic attack" or enough anxiety to cause her to breath incorrectly during the skating, causing hyperventiltion or shortness of breath.

It looks to me that she simply, as described above, choked.

Now let's discuss.
    Exactly. They are pulling a Tonya Harding (self-sabotage).
    Last edited by leafygreens; 02-10-2013 at 10:07 AM.

Meanwhile in a parallel universe .... theresa's Avatar

Custom Title
    v/m free dance video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGEJKyFoNSo not sure it's been posted already

^^ simultaneous posting
    Last edited by figureskate; 02-10-2013 at 10:25 AM.

Medalist
    Quote Originally Posted by leafygreens View Post
    Yeah. So D/W's wins are tarnished because they didn't beat a "clean" V/M.

Just curious what the penalty would be if every team decided to take a break in the middle of their program.

Exactly. They are pulling a Tonya Harding (self-sabotage).
    We don't really know what happened though. Tessa looked like she was gonna pass out, which would be worse. And don't worry your heart, D/W still won.

Custom Title
    Thats the only way D and W should win as they are inferior in every way:

Page 9 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast