Thread: Larionov fit for Worlds

News Larionov fit for Worlds

MOSCOW, February 21 (R-Sport) - Gold medal contender Yuri Larionov has recovered from a hand injury in time for next month's figure skating world championships, his coach told R-Sport on Thursday.
    Larionov and pairs partner Vera Bazarova withdrew from last month’s European championships after he suffered the injury, but now the pair is on course to compete in the March 10-17 event in London, Ontario.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by gsk8 View Post
    MOSCOW, February 21 (R-Sport) - Gold medal contender Yuri Larionov has recovered from a hand injury in time for next month's figure skating world championships, his coach told R-Sport on Thursday.
    Larionov and pairs partner Vera Bazarova withdrew from last month’s European championships after he suffered the injury, but now the pair is on course to compete in the March 10-17 event in London, Ontario.
    This is truly great news. But I do hope K and S come back medal. I feel in a way the world sort of dumped them for no reason.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Skater Boy View Post
    This is truly great news. But I do hope K and S come back medal. I feel in a way the world sort of dumped them for no reason.
    Kavaguti and Smirnov will never set foot on a World podium again
    they might not even make the Olympics team next season there is Stolbova/Klimov , Antipova/Maisuradze and Tarasova/Morosov to compete with

Good news! I am glad that Yuri has recovered, love this team!

Custom Title

Medalist
    Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post
    Kavaguti and Smirnov will never set foot on a World podium again
    they might not even make the Olympics team next season there is Stolbova/Klimov , Antipova/Maisuradze and Tarasova/Morosov to compete with
    I don't want to rule K/S out completely. But Stolbova/Klimov haven't been very crash hot this season either though....

and they have just under a year to get the stuff together again for Olympics! My fingers are crossed!

Quote Originally Posted by FlattFan View Post
    Good for you!

His coach said it? Which coach?

Custom Title
    "Gold contender" ?????
    Since when?