Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Wagner vs. Suzuki

Custom Title
    Akiko, Ashley, Adelina, and Elizaveta are probably as inconsistent as Caro, Mao, and Yuna.
    Caro's planned TES is higher than Yuna's TES. Does it mean she can execute everything? Probably not. Does it mean her TES is no where near Mao and Yuna? Let's get real, Mao went for 3A, 3F-3Lo, 2A-3T and her TES was only 2-3 points higher than Caro's watered down content. If Caro does 6 clean triples, I think it will take a pristine clean Yuna and a close to clean Mao to place above her.

Custom Title
    There is only a 0.55 difference in their total season's best score, so I would say they are pretty much on par. Correctly or not, I never have felt Akiko has gotten her due.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by FlattFan View Post
    If Caro does 6 clean triples, I think it will take a pristine clean Yuna and a close to clean Mao to place above her.
    Yuna would have to be pristine clean to beat clean Caro? I think both Mao and Yuna can easily place above Caro. I doubt Caro would be capable of getting 200+ total score. Do you mean FS score?

Back to the topic:Wagner is no.1 lady of US, but Suzuki(unfortunately) isn't. However, I think clean Suzuki would get higher score than Wager(clean or not),since her TES would be high. So I'd choose Suzuki over Wagner.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by vera01 View Post
    Yuna would have to be pristine clean to beat clean Caro? I think both Mao and Yuna can easily place above Caro. I doubt Caro would be capable of getting 200+ total score. Do you mean FS score?
    If caro does 3T3T, 3lo, 2A in the SP, and 6 clean triples in the LP, yes, Yuna would have to be pristine clean to beat her. If yuna makes one mistake (pop/fall) she won't place above Caro.
    Easily? Are you out of your mind?

Banned
    Flattfan is an ENORMOUS Kostner fan. Take his comments about Kostner with a grain of salt.

Forever stuck on those steps Li'Kitsu's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pangtongfan
    Flattfan is an ENORMOUS Kostner fan. Take his comments about Kostner with a grain of salt.
    So what? You seem to be a huge Yuna fan, aren't we supposed to take your comments serious nevertheless?
    Despite that, I think FlattFan isn't that far off - by now it's just hard to say what might happen. 3T3T and 3Lo might leave Caro behind a litte after the SP, but she plans seven triples in the FS, gets higher +GOE than Mao and has a higher BV than Yuna. Plus, she has the best skating skills of all ladies competing now and would/should win the PCS. If they're all clean, I think Caro has good chances to win the FS (although Mao's insane BV will keep her very close).
    That means: since Yuna doesn't have the loop, yes she'll need to be pretty close to clean to beat a 6-triple Kostner FS. She'll have it easier in the SP though. (IMO, of course).

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Li'Kitsu View Post
    So what? You seem to be a huge Yuna fan, aren't we supposed to take your comments serious nevertheless?
    Despite that, I think FlattFan isn't that far off - by now it's just hard to say what might happen. 3T3T and 3Lo might leave Caro behind a litte after the SP, but she plans seven triples in the FS, gets higher +GOE than Mao and has a higher BV than Yuna. Plus, she has the best skating skills of all ladies competing now and would/should win the PCS. If they're all clean, I think Caro has good chances to win the FS (although Mao's insane BV will keep her very close).
    That means: since Yuna doesn't have the loop, yes she'll need to be pretty close to clean to beat a 6-triple Kostner FS. She'll have it easier in the SP though. (IMO, of course).
    Thank you.
    I've never said Caro is anywhere near as consistent as Mao and Yuna. All I said is if Caro is clean, the other girls have to be clean to beat her. I don't think that was fanbot speaking at all.

Custom Title
    Because Yuna will be a few points ahead of Carolina with a higher BV in the short and possibly the long, I'd say Yuna is probably one major error ahead of Carolina over the course of a competition. Having said that, I do prefer Carolina's skating and I would hope she gets PCS equal to Yuna.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Li'Kitsu View Post
    So what? You seem to be a huge Yuna fan
    Which I am not, nor did I give any indication that I am, so you already fail. The end.

Tripping on the Podium
    That is a big IF for caro...

Quote Originally Posted by FlattFan View Post
    If caro does 3T3T, 3lo, 2A in the SP, and 6 clean triples in the LP, yes, Yuna would have to be pristine clean to beat her. If yuna makes one mistake (pop/fall) she won't place above Caro.
    Easily? Are you out of your mind?

It must be really horrible to be an Akiko Suzuki right now. The Japanese nation's infatuation with Mao Asada is such that when a truly expressive skater like Suzuki comes along, it seems they are blind to the value of such talent. The rightful winner of the NHK Trophy 2012, she was the flower of the 2013 Four Continents.

Custom Title
    I think Akiko is doing as well as she hope to be. She's more of a show girl than a star. Steady skater with good programs, and put her heart and soul into it, but she doesn't have the "IT" factor that can translate to points that the top girls have. Her "IT" factor is her P/E, but it isn't worth much.

I would give her close to 10 for some of her past performances, but that would only lift her to one or two points higher.

Someone like Mao Asada who can hit a 3A or 3F-3Lo, and suddenly her score potential go up by like 8 points.

She was the rightful winner of the NHK 2012, no doubt about that.

Custom Title
    Flattfan, I can't tell which "she" you're referring to re: NHK 2012.

Forever stuck on those steps Li'Kitsu's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by drivingmissdaisy
    Because Yuna will be a few points ahead of Carolina with a higher BV in the short and possibly the long, I'd say Yuna is probably one major error ahead of Carolina over the course of a competition. Having said that, I do prefer Carolina's skating and I would hope she gets PCS equal to Yuna.
    Why would Yuna have a higher BV in the LP than Caro? It's 6 triples planned vs. 7 triples. How they can execute those elements is another question of course.

Quote Originally Posted by FlattFan
    Thank you.
    I've never said Caro is anywhere near as consistent as Mao and Yuna. All I said is if Caro is clean, the other girls have to be clean to beat her. I don't think that was fanbot speaking at all.
    I hate to say it, but I wouldn't call Mao consistent either, Yuna easily wins in that regard. Caro and Mao both are capable of bombing themselves right off the podium. But that seems to make some people disregard what they are really cabaple of when they deliver. That's a shame, but we'll see at worlds anyway

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by ImaginaryPogue View Post
    Flattfan, I can't tell which "she" you're referring to re: NHK 2012.
    Akiko should have won.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast