Who are the representative? | Golden Skate

Who are the representative?

Kenji

Rinkside
Please tell me who are the representative of Worlds(if already decided).

Japan

Ladies
Fumie Suguri
Shizuka Arakawa
Miki Ando

Mens
not decided but I guess
Takeshi Honda
+ 1

Dance
not decided but I guess
Nozomi Watanabe/Akiyuki Kido

Pairs
no entry

Kenji

Rinkside

They parted each other. I don't know the reason. But I hear he was not so eager for training with her. And I don't know which she and he still competing.....I'm really sad for their parting.

Ptichka

Forum translator
Record Breaker
Interstingly enough, Moskvin I guess wanted to continue working with her, not with him, as he was actively looking for another partner for her.

insecureedge

On the Ice
As posted by Kenji in this forum in this thread, Yamato Tamura and Daisuke Takahashi, who finshed fifth and sixth, respectively, at Four Continents this January, will represent Japan on the men's side. Miki Ando, the reigning Japanese ladies' champion, Fumie Suguri, the reiging Grand Prix Final champion, and Shizuka Arawaka will go to worlds based on their podium finishes at Japanese nationals. I can only assume since no Japanese pair appeared at 4CC that no pair will represent the country in Dortmund, even though they are allotted a slot. Finally, since Nozomi WATANABE / Akiyuki KIDO finished higher than Nakako TSUZUKI / Kenji MIYAMOTO at 4CC, one would reason that the former team has an advantage over the latter, although I haven't read anything officially to that effect and cannot find either an unofficial (oubik at FSU usually makes one) or at the official site.

Takeshi Honda withdrew from 4CC due to injury; anyone have an update on his status? There is an article in Blades on Ice, scroll down to see the blurb on Honda.

InsecureEdge

Last edited:

hockeyfan228

Record Breaker
Ptichka said:
Interstingly enough, Moskvin I guess wanted to continue working with her, not with him, as he was actively looking for another partner for her.
I hope Moskvin does find her a partner, because she's a beautiful skater.