Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: 2013 World Junior Championships Entries

Custom Title
    Anyone think the American guys could sweep the podium? With no Yan and Kovtun, the field just opened up a whole lot. I really like Hino and think he's improved a lot this season and not always appreciated by the judges, so I'd be thrilled for him to come away with a medal, however, Omori does have a lovely 3a and his SP from Nationals was WOW , so if he can skate another short like that and then have a strong FS, idk, I think he could put up a big score, over 200 at least. Jin is an amazing technical skater, but he's really just a little boy still, and his artistry isn't quite on the prodigy level of his jumps just yet. Omori otoh is 17 and more complete and mature in his presentation. Even if he doesn't medal I hope he can come away with a good result here, he has so much potential. There are other good skaters in the field but not too many with the 3a - Zhang was good last year but has been out the whole season, no clue if he has the 3a now. Kolyada has a huge 3a but I know very little about him, watched the videos from Russian JN seems like a solid enough skater but maybe a little rough around edges, also some say he has been very inconsistent historically? I wouldn't know though. Really hoping Josh can come through with a medal of some color and land his quad though, would be just the thing to help make USFS recognize him as a real contender for Sochi going into next season.
    Last edited by silverlake22; 02-25-2013 at 02:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by FSGMT View Post
    There is a Korean Ice Dance team!! Is this the first time at an ISU Championship?
    Rebecca and Kiril
    they already competed at JGP and finished 10th

I think it is possible for the American boys to take all the medals but there are others who could step up to the plate. I'd like to see Nam Nguyen do well.

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    Tae-Hwa YANG& Chuen Guen Lee
    appeared at Jr Worlds in 2000, at Worlds in 2001 & 2002 and at 4CCs in 2002 and Olympics in 2002

Hye Min KIM & Woo Kim KOR
    appeared at World Juniors in 2002, 2003, & 2004 and appeared twice at 4CC's 2005 & 2006

So no, Kim & Minov are not the first Korean team at an ISU Championship.

AFAIR, they train with Svinin & Zhuk in Moscow?
    http://www.isuresults.com/bios/isufs00054325.htm

(yes, they do)

LEAVE EDMUNDS ALONE!!1!
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckm View Post
    Piseev is the head of the Russian Figure Skating Federation. It doesn't seem right that his wife is in a position to influence the outcome of this competition.

Shekhovtseva is not exactly a disinterested party....
    Every single judge and technical panelist is closely linked to their national federation and not exactly a disinterested party.

Quote Originally Posted by FSGMT View Post
    There is a Korean Ice Dance team!! Is this the first time at an ISU Championship?
    No. They have had Ice Dance teams in the past.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by merrywidow View Post
    I think it is possible for the American boys to take all the medals but there are others who could step up to the plate. I'd like to see Nam Nguyen do well.
    My thoughts too.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by silverlake22 View Post
    Anyone think the American guys could sweep the podium? With no Yan and Kovtun, the field just opened up a whole lot.
    Boyang Jin has 4T.
    Kolyada has not quad, but has good 3A (and 3A+3T combo), his skating at Junior Nationals was good, he can compete with Jason Brown.
    Samarin has not 3A, but has good, stable skating (all GOE at Junior Nationals were positive).
    Japanese boys are good.

It will be interesting, unpredictable competition.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4