Russian Cup Final ( Feb 16-19), Tver
Russian Cup Final for the Series 2012-13 Season
Final Composition for Worlds will be determined after the Event
just some known Entries:
Bazarova/Larionov, Kavaguti/Smirnov, Antipova/Maisuradze, Stolbova/Klimov
Polina Korobeynikova, Nikol Gosviani, Alena Leonova,
Maxim Kovtun, Konstantin Menshov, Sergei Voronov
Wow Polina K. is competing here!!! Any information on her current status? And will federation consider to send her to Worlds if she performs well at this competition?
Originally Posted by Totentanz
This is only preliminary info about some of entries.
Originally Posted by Totentanz
Real entries will be known only at Saturday (Ice Dance, they compete at Saturday) and may be after Saturday - other disciplines.
Polina K. is not good this season.
At Nationals she had moderately good SP (3lo with GOE -2, good other elements) and horrible FS (4 triples, one of them URed, fall from 2A, StSq level 2, only spins were good).
Before Nationals skating of the same sort.
If she will skate good at Final of Cup, she may get Worlds spot, because alternatives (Gosviani, Leonova) also were not so good at season.
Russia in fact does not have good candidates to be No 3 in Ladies now.
Russia really doesn't have a great choice for number 3 but at least gosviani skated well at least once and twice if you count euros fs not sp so that's 3rd choice. She did not have the Tes to go to euros but she was named.
Gosviani skated well only once after 2009 - at Russian Sr Nationals 2013, but after that (Nestle Nesquik Cup 2013, Euro 2013) she skated worse.
(at 2009 and before, from 2006, she was one of the best skaters of her age in Russia - like Radionova from 2009 to now)
This season that's one more than leonova and korobeynikova
Come on, now, seriously! What do you expect from the poor girl? At the Nestle Nesquik Cup 2013 she skated well enough to qualify for the worlds SP, and at the Europeans she skated well enough to place 6th and qualify there for the Worlds FS. You can't expect from her skating constantly as good as she skated at the nationals, considering that she has had practically no experience with competing at international competitions (if we don't count one about 2-3 years ago) and no experience with skating in senior competition (with exception of your nationals). Can you imagine how petrified she was skating at Europeans? Seeing all those approximately six thousand people sitting there and watching... I have seen her skating on the practices and I have seen how petrified she was just before going to start her FS. And yet she went there and delivered. Ok, she made a mistake with one jump in the SP and it cost her dearly, and she wasn't perfect in the FS, but watching her skate there, I have to say I actually admired her more than Adelina and Liza. Adelina and Liza are very good skaters, but they were prepared for this. They have done junior worlds, they have already skated the previous season at senior GP events. Nikol did not have that and still managed to put in two decent programs. That is fighting spirit!
Originally Posted by AlexRus
I know that if you compare it with 'perfect skate', she is obviously lacking; she made some mistakes. But if you look at this from the point of view that she was 21st lady in ranking to qualify to your senior nationals (and was allowed to compete there only because 3 ladies before her withdrew), I think it is amazing achievement that she is actually the sixth lady in Europe.
Last edited by hanca; 02-14-2013 at 02:40 PM.
Kovtun may not compete at the Russian Cup Final
also B/L as they are not yet fully ready.
I don't think Russia is going to consider anyone but kovtun. B/l can wait I think they're safe.
Its official no Kovtun and B/L will not compete at Russia Cup Final
Full Entries List: [url]http://fsrussia.ru/news/447_sostav-uchastnikov-finala-kubka-rossii-2013/[/url]
1. Polina Agafonova
2. Sofia Biryukova
3. Evgenia Gerasimova
4. [COLOR="#FF0000"]Nikol Gosviani[/COLOR]
5. Alsu Kayumova
6. [COLOR="#FF0000"]Polina Korobeynikova[/COLOR]
7. [COLOR="#FF0000"]Alena Leonova[/COLOR]
8. Alina Maximova
9. Tatiana Fedoseeva
10. Valentina Chernyshova
1. Sergei Borodullin
2. Zhan Bush
3. [COLOR="#FF0000"]Sergei Voronov[/COLOR]
4. [COLOR="#FF0000"]Artur Gachinski[/COLOR]
5. Artur Dmitriev Jr.
6. [COLOR="#FF0000"]Konstantin Menshov[/COLOR]
7. Konstantin Milyukov
8. Vladislav Sezganov
9. Vladislav Smirnov
10. Mark Shakhmatov
1. [COLOR="#FF0000"]Julia Antipova - Nodari Maisuradze[/COLOR]
2. Christina Astakhova - Maxim Kurdyukov
3. [COLOR="#FF0000"]Yuko Kavaguti - Alexander Smirnov[/COLOR]
4. Natalia Mitina - Yuri Shevchuk
5. Ekaterina Petaykina - Konstantin Bezmaternykh
6. [COLOR="#FF0000"]Ksenia Stolbova - Fedor Klimov[/COLOR]
1. Tatiana Baturintseva - Alexander Nevski
2. Alina Kurbanova - Igor Shelopaev
3. Valeria Loseva - Denis Lunin
4. [COLOR="#FF0000"]Ksenia Monko - Kirill Khaliavin[/COLOR]
5. [COLOR="#FF0000"]Victoria Sinitsina - Ruslan Zhiganshin[/COLOR]
6. Christina Strikalo - Pyotr Perepelkin
7. Daria Shcheglova - Anton Novikov
1. [COLOR="#FF0000"]Anastasia Kolomiets[/COLOR]- eligible for 2014-2015 Season
2. [COLOR="#FF0000"]Julia Lee[/COLOR]
3. [COLOR="#FF0000"]Serafima Sakhanovich[/COLOR]
4. Uliana Titushkina
5. [COLOR="#FF0000"]Elizaveta Tursynbaeva[/COLOR] - will debut in JGP next season representing Kazakhstan
1. Evgeni Vlasov
2. Alexey Genya
3. [COLOR="#FF0000"]Andrei Zuber[/COLOR]
4. Maurice Kvitelashvili
5. [COLOR="#FF0000"]Murad Kurbanov[/COLOR]
6. [COLOR="#FF0000"]Andrei Lazukin[/COLOR]
7. Artem Lezheev
8. Roman Savosin
9. Vladimir Samoilov
10. Vladislav Tarasenko
1. [COLOR="#FF0000"]Maria Vigalova - Egor Zakroev[/COLOR]
2. [COLOR="#FF0000"]Anastasia Gubanova - Alexey Sintsov[/COLOR]
3. Maria Deryabina - Arseny Repkin
4. Alexandra Evsukova - Nikolai Kashkarev
5. Vlada Mishina - Alexander Kurmachev
6. Oksana Nagalaty - Maxim Bobrov
7. Anastasia Poluyanova - Short Stepan
8. Alina Solovyova - Alexander Romanovsky
9. Maria Chuzhanova - Denis Mintsev
Junior Ice Dancing
1. Kristina Baklanova - Andrei Bagin
2. Ekaterina Bocharova - Anton Shibnev
3. Anastasia Voronkova - Nikita Trushkov
4. Alla Loboda - Pavel Drozd
5. Betina Popova - Yuri Vlasenko
6. Elizaveta Tretyakova - Alexander Savin
7. Eva Khachaturian - Igor Eremenko
8. Anastasia Khromova - Yuri Karasev
9. Anastasia Shpilevaya - Grigory Smirnov
10. [COLOR="#FF0000"]Anna Yanovskaia - Sergei Mozgov[/COLOR]
Last edited by sky_fly20; 02-15-2013 at 01:20 AM.
Why? So will federation not consider Kovtun and B/L for Worlds team?
dont know about Kovtun maybe he will either be for Worlds or Junior Worlds ?
Originally Posted by Totentanz
B/L will be at Worlds, they will be asessed once they are 100% ready
Larionov is not yet fully ready, rumor also they have some conflict with their current coach Kalinina and might change coach to Tamara Moskvina
I think their not participating means they know they're both Sade for worlds. This is actually not that important for anyone. Gosviani must still have doubts about going or she wouldn't be participating either. But this it though- leonovas last way to try to get to a senior competition or you will never see her again outside Russia. She can afford one mistake must beat gosviani by 20 or 30 points minimum.
Gorshkov said that entries to Jr Worlds will not be changed.
Originally Posted by sky_fly20