Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Russian Cup Final ( Feb 16-19), Tver

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Totentanz View Post
    Why? So will federation not consider Kovtun and B/L for Worlds team?
    Most likely they'll compare the score of the winner to score of Kovtun at Europeans to determine the spot on Worlds team.

Banned
    Short vids on Menshov and Gosviani preparation. Briefly on what people are saying there: Gosviani team hopes to get the 3rd spot for Worlds but they do realize the tough competition with Leonova and Korobeynikova. Menshov's team is less optimistic and say that they read between the lines that Kovtun will likely go to Worlds and this particular skate in Tver won't change anything.
    Gosviani: http://www.tv100.ru/news/kto-poedet-...ataniyu-68955/
    Menshov: http://www.tv100.ru/news/evgeniy-ply...-poedet-68642/

Quote Originally Posted by let`s talk View Post
    Menshov's team is less optimistic and say that they read between the lines that Kovtun will likely go to Worlds and this particular skate in Tver won't change anything.
    That's probably true...

Custom Title
    JUNIOR SHORT DANCE - RESULT

1. Anna Yanovskaia & Sergei Mozgov - 56.95
    2. Kristina Baklanov & Andrei Bagin - 53.86
    3. Betina Popova & Yuri Vlasenko - 50.31
    4. Eva Khachaturian & Igor Eremenko - 47.90
    5. Alla Loboda & Paul Thrush - 45.17
    6. Ekaterina Bocharova & Anton Shibnev - 44.11
    7. Elizabeth Trtyeakova & Alexander Savin - 43.46
    8. Anastasia Shpilevaya & Grigory Smirnov - 43.25
    9. Anastasia Voronkova & Nikita Trushko - 43.14
    10. Anastasia Khromova & Yuri Karasev - 40.13

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by let`s talk View Post
    Short vids on Menshov and Gosviani preparation. Briefly on what people are saying there: Gosviani team hopes to get the 3rd spot for Worlds but they do realize the tough competition with Leonova and Korobeynikova. Menshov's team is less optimistic and say that they read between the lines that Kovtun will likely go to Worlds and this particular skate in Tver won't change anything.
    Gosviani: http://www.tv100.ru/news/kto-poedet-...ataniyu-68955/
    Menshov: http://www.tv100.ru/news/evgeniy-ply...-poedet-68642/
    LOL I think this season shows gosviani against korobeynikova and leonova is not tough compeition. She beat Leonova by a point and wasn't even allowed to skate at euros but was still named to the team. Unless there is some evidence that Leonova has 3/3 and double axel and wants to skate anymore.

Custom Title
    SENIOR SHORT DANCE - RESULT

1. Ksenia Monko & Kirill Khaliavin - 61.40
    2. Victoria Sinitsina & Ruslan Zhiganshin - 59.62
    3. Valeria Loseva & Denis Lunin - 43.53
    4. Christina Strikalo & Pyotr Perepelkin - 37.01
    5. Tatiana Baturintseva & Alexander Nevski - 34.80
    6. Alina Kurbanova & Igor Shelopaev - 32.48
    7. Daria Shcheglova & Anton Novikov - 28.18
    Last edited by Mao88; 02-16-2013 at 12:45 PM.

Banned
    the results speak for itself Sinitsina and Zhiganshin needs to leave now the " worst ice dancing coach ever " duo of Kustarova/Alexeeva, they have No future staying with them
    they have Never had a successful junior going into Senior. they can ahve the 2nd tier Yanovskaia/Mozgov but I hope Sinitsina/Zhiganshin dump her now

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post
    the results speak for itself Sinitsina and Zhiganshin needs to leave now the " worst ice dancing coach ever " duo of Kustarova/Alexeeva, they have No future staying with them
    they have Never had a successful junior going into Senior. they can ahve the 2nd tier Yanovskaia/Mozgov but I hope Sinitsina/Zhiganshin dump her now
    I completely agree. They have got better as the season has gone on, but they have certainly not reached the heights of last season. Essentially, they have gone backwards. They are capable of so much more than they are producing at the moment. Time for a coaching change

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Mao88 View Post
    I completely agree. They have got better as the season has gone on, but they have certainly not reached the heights of last season. Essentially, they have gone backwards. They are capable of so much more than they are producing at the moment. Time for a coaching change
    I never got how they didnt left her last summer when they had the warning signs
    the mass exodus of Bobrova/Soloviev and Monko/Khaliavin would be enough to leave them too

now I don't think Zhulin will take them as he has too many students
    maybe with Sivinin/Zhuk or may have to go to Krylova

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Mao88 View Post
    To be fair to the kids this wasn't an important competition for them. Both pairs scored below their nationals results. Didn't they (S/Z) just come back from Art on Ice? Who would they go to by the way? It would be nice if they trained with Stepanova and Bukin though

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by bramweld View Post
    To be fair to the kids this wasn't an important competition for them. Both pairs scored below their nationals results. Didn't they (S/Z) just come back from Art on Ice? Who would they go to by the way? It would be nice if they trained with Stepanova and Bukin though
    that's their only option in Russia, go to Svinin/Zhuk not sure if they would like though that they already have Stepanova/Bukin
    Zhulin I am almost certain he will not take them, he has too many ice dancers now. maybe Morozov ? I know a bit crazy idea

If they wont change coach the Top 3 Russian Teams next quad will be
    B/S, I/K and S/B, they might even lost to an unknown and obscure team like Monko/Khaliavin who came from nowhere !

M/K: I really like them this season, a lot better than S/Z, who absolutely need a coaching change if they want to become part of the Russian top3 in the next quad...

Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post
    I never got how they didnt left her last summer when they had the warning signs
    the mass exodus of Bobrova/Soloviev and Monko/Khaliavin would be enough to leave them too

now I don't think Zhulin will take them as he has too many students
    maybe with Sivinin/Zhuk or may have to go to Krylova
    I don't think that Svinin and Zhuk will take them because Sinitsina and Zhiganshin will be in direct competition with Stepanova and Bukin next season.
    Krylova would love to have a talented Russian team. And Camerlengo would give them interesting choreography to music that hasn't been used by Davis and White two seasons previously. (Seriously, Kustarova? Samson and Delilah, POTO, then Tango all in a row?)

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    Yes, it was a little blatant copying there though.

I'm thinking Svinin & Zhuk might indeed take them though.

Is it certain that Stepanova & Bukin will go senior? It might be better to see if anyone retires after Olympics and build up some more ISU points by winning juniors, what I am assuming will be for a second time? Bukin is not 19 until September; Stepanova will be 18 in August, so I believe they still have that option

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast