Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Russian Cup Final ( Feb 16-19), Tver

Quote Originally Posted by dorispulaski View Post
    Yes, it was a little blatant copying there though.

I'm thinking Svinin & Zhuk might indeed take them though.

Is it certain that Stepanova & Bukin will go senior? It might be better to see if anyone retires after Olympics and build up some more ISU points by winning juniors, what I am assuming will be for a second time? Bukin is not 19 until September; Stepanova will be 18 in August, so I believe they still have that option
    I personally don't think that it makes sense. If they transition to seniors, they will probably not go to the Olympics, but they can do a bunch of senior B's and probably get two GP's to raise their rep. Also, it will give them practice doing longer dances.

that chances of Stepanova/Bukin going juniors again next season is unikely
    they have a chance of sneaking into the Olympics team R/T haven't that progressed that much, S/Z are at a deadlock in their developments with Kustarova

my prediction for Russian Team for Olympics
    B/S, I/K and S/B

Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post
    that chances of Stepanova/Bukin going juniors again next season is unikely
    they have a chance of sneaking into the Olympics team R/T haven't that progressed that much, S/Z are at a deadlock in their developments with Kustarova

my prediction for Russian Team for Olympics
    B/S, I/K and S/B
    Don't forget M/K!!

LEAVE EDMUNDS ALONE!!1!
    Quote Originally Posted by gmyers View Post
    She can afford one mistake must beat gosviani by 20 or 30 points minimum.
    Says who? (It's a rhetorical question btw, we all know the answer and the answer is: You are the only person claiming that and you have absolutely nothing to back that claim up with.)

She beat Leonova by a point and wasn't even allowed to skate at euros but was still named to the team.
    Stop repeating that. It's completely irrelevant. For a skater at Gosviani's level earning Euros TES minimum is ridiculously easy and she comfortably reached them at the fist international competition she entered, not even skating senior programs!

Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post
    the results speak for itself Sinitsina and Zhiganshin needs to leave now the " worst ice dancing coach ever " duo of Kustarova/Alexeeva, they have No future staying with them
    they have Never had a successful junior going into Senior. they can ahve the 2nd tier Yanovskaia/Mozgov but I hope Sinitsina/Zhiganshin dump her now
    Yes. Kustarova/Alexeeva's programs are just awful.

Custom Title
    Gosviani's level was jrgp reject and 3rd alternate to Russian nationals. That was her level before her one point victory over leonova which was a 6th place finish With her clean and leonova messy and that got her named to the euros team when she was not eligible. So get gosviani's level right.

Btw it is not the first Russian cup final so there's previous results to be looked over and what they meant.

Custom Title
    Gosviani's level was jrgp reject and 3rd alternate to Russian nationals.
    Yes, and guess what? She can land jumps, unlike Leonova, who is silver world medallist last year and struggles to stay on her feet. If Leonova was sent to Europeans, do you think she would have been judged solely on her good results from the past, or do you think they may have noticed that she is actually not landing anything?

I am not saying that having a name doesn't help, of course it does, especially with the second mark, but having a name is not enough. It won't make the not landed jumps count as landed.
    Last edited by hanca; 02-17-2013 at 04:07 AM.

Custom Title
    Senior ladies short program has just started. Anybody watching it live?

Custom Title
    Does anyone have a link?

Custom Title
    So get gosviani's level right.
    Don't worry, we get it. She is the sixth lady in Europe!

Gerasimova is leading over Korobeneykova and Leonova: look at her TES, 37.49!! Leonova didn't receive any bonus but her TES is still quite high, and she didn't (luckily) receive absurd PCS, she probably popped the combo (maybe 3T+2T/2T+3T) I think

Now Gosviani is in 3rd... Gerasimova isn't old enough to go to the ISU Championships (she was born in 1998), so I think that Korobeneykova is (at the moment) the qualified one: I wish her the best for tomorrow, I really hope she can go to Worlds!

Custom Title
    Depends on the FP. There is only 1.5 point difference between Gosviani and Korobeynikova and I haven't seen Korobeynikova skate clean FP the whole season.

For gmyers: There is only 0.09 point difference between Leonova and Agafonova, so that shows you at what level Leonova is skating now!
    Last edited by hanca; 02-17-2013 at 07:07 AM.

looks like no worlds for leonova. Hope polina k sneaks it

Ice Dancing and Johnny Fan MissIzzy's Avatar
    What on Earth is happening at this event? Anyone have any reports? Anyone have any videos? Anyone have any wild rumours? Anyone have anything? (Why don't the Russian Cups post protocols?)

Rinkside
    Some videos can be found at this channel: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UChx-...?feature=watch
    At the moment it has only ice dance, probably other disciplines will be added later.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast