Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Russian Cup Final ( Feb 16-19), Tver

Custom Title
    Leonova isn't the same that we have watched so far. This season she changed a lot. She doesn't look like enjoying her programs as she did before. I also can not enjoy watching her skate. Maybe she is worried which is normal after poor performances at GP and RN. I think Korobeynikova or Gosviani should take the chance to go to worlds. They both seem more promising especially for Sochi.

And I'm really happy to see that Titushkina scored 60 pts after a long break because of injury.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Totentanz View Post
    Leonova isn't the same that we have watched so far. This season she changed a lot. She doesn't look like enjoying her programs as she did before. I also can not enjoy watching her skate. Maybe she is worried which is normal after poor performances at GP and RN. I think Korobeynikova or Gosviani should take the chance to go to worlds. They both seem more promising especially for Sochi.

And I'm really happy to see that Titushkina scored 60 pts after a long break because of injury.
    yes you can see in Leonova's face, she isn't that lively and like to skate as before, she looks hesitant
    right now, I don't think she deserves to go to Worlds. I hope Polina K. hold up in the long program

Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post
    its really sad for Sinitsina/Zhiganshin who are junior world champions but lost again to a nobodies team like Monko/Khaliavin
    Monko and Khaliavin are also junior champs. And they actually have competent coaches.

Custom Title
    SENIOR LADIES SHORT PROGRAM - RESULT & VIDEOS (Updated)

1. Evgenia Gerasimova - 64.89 Free Skate
    2. Polina Korobeynikova - 61.48 Short Program, 2nd Copy
    3. Nikol Gosviani - 60.09 Short Program, 2nd Copy
    4. Alena Leonova - 57.90 Short Program
    5. Polina Agafonova - 57.81 Short Program, 2nd Copy
    6. Sofia Biryukova - 51.26 Short Program
    7. Alina Maximova - 50.74
    8. Tatiana Fedoseeva - 50.56
    9. Alsu Kayumova - 48.14
    10. Valentina Chernyshova - 47.41
    Last edited by Mao88; 02-17-2013 at 06:34 PM.

Custom Title
    SENIOR SHORT DANCE - RESULT (Updated)

1. Ksenia Monko & Kirill Khaliavin - 61.40 Short Dance
    2. Victoria Sinitsina & Ruslan Zhiganshin - 59.62 Short Dance - Part 1, Part 2
    3. Valeria Loseva & Denis Lunin - 43.53 Short Dance
    4. Christina Strikalo & Pyotr Perepelkin - 37.01
    5. Tatiana Baturintseva & Alexander Nevski - 34.80 Short Dance
    6. Alina Kurbanova & Igor Shelopaev - 32.48
    7. Daria Shcheglova & Anton Novikov - 28.18

SENIOR FREE DANCE - RESULT (Updated)

1. Ksenia Monko & Kirill Khaliavin - 153.28 Free Dance
    2. Victoria Sinitsina & Ruslan Zhiganshin - 149.46
    3. Valeria Loseva & Denis Lunin - 119.21
    4. Christina Strikalo & Pyotr Perepelkin - 101.20
    5. Tatiana Baturintseva & Alexander Nevski - 98.75
    6. Alina Kurbanova & Igor Shelopaev - 87.79
    7. Daria Shcheglova & Anton Novikov - 84.73
    Last edited by Mao88; 02-17-2013 at 08:25 PM.

Custom Title
    yes you can see in Leonova's face, she isn't that lively and like to skate as before, she looks hesitant
    right now, I don't think she deserves to go to Worlds. I hope Polina K. hold up in the long program
    The federation has already dumped leonova so it's over.

Custom Title
    JUNIOR LADIES SHORT PROGRAM - RESULT (Updated)

1. Uliana Titushkina - 60.48 Short Program
    2. Anastasia Kolomiets - 54.93 Short Program
    3. Serafima Sakhanovich - 54.65 Short Program, 2nd Copy
    4. Julia Li - 54.37 Short Program
    5. Elizaveta Tursynbaeva - 47.06
    Last edited by Mao88; 02-17-2013 at 11:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gmyers View Post
    But if she isn't willing/can't fight for it... ? LP pending, of course.

Custom Title
    Of course, it is the Federation's fault that Leonova skated badly the whole season! How could it be Leonova's fault!

Custom Title
    looks like no worlds for leonova. Hope polina k sneaks it
    I do too but what happened to her awesome content. Last year she was doing 3f-3t in SP and FS and 2a-3t in her FS, repeating 3f and trying for 3lz, but this season she just does 3t-3t and 3lo in SP and just 2a-3t, no 3lz, and one 3f in FS. Did she have an injury or something? It's much harder for her to put up a high score with that kind of watered down content? If she lands everything as planned, she could still make it, but at Worlds, the result might not be so good. Gosviani at least does all triples and has 3f-3t in her FS.

Custom Title
    Korobeynikova had some injury at the beginning of the season, so that could have delayed her start of her season (not good results at the GP events). But by now she should have caught up, unless she is still injured. I am not sure but it seems to me that she has slightly different figure than last year though. She is tall (which she was last season too) but now she is also slightly more robust (I don't mean fat, more like if she went through puberty. Now she looks more like a woman). So maybe that could explain some jumping problems this season and not having the same technical content at the moment as she had the last year.

Custom Title
    Like there is some case of skaters doing great and dominating and being dumped by their federation! Leonova on a downward slide was dumped by impatient federation.

ISU, stop promoting 2-foot skating!
    Gosviani's SP - 3toe/3toe(a bit tight, possible cheat?), 2axel, 3flip(again a little tight)
    Leonova's SP - 3toe(not a lot of flow out)/3toe(looked ok but possible cheat?), 3flip (step out with both hands down), 2axel (shaky landing with no flow out). Her skating lacked her usual spark, it seemed heavy and she was very tense.

not at the time she was named to the euros team when she wasn't eligible
    For the millionth time: It doesn't matter at all that she wasn't eligible since the minimum scores for Euros are low and could have been easily earned by her at any point.

If you followed that logic no skaters who have suddenly showed improvement or who are new to seniors could ever be sent anywhere. Because they aren't eligible.

its really sad for Sinitsina/Zhiganshin who are junior world champions but lost again to a nobodies team like Monko/Khaliavin
    'Nobodies' who are also Junior World Champions (and bronze medallists as well).

Yes because Leonova has absolutely no control over it. She can't improve, she can't show fighting spirit, she can't show she actually deserves to go to Worlds. Even if she skates two clean programs here and wins this event by a large margin, the federation will still be surely dumping her because it's all an eville Illuminati conspiracy to take over the world (starting with Russian figure skating).

Custom Title
    SP results of Senior Ladies mean nothing, because all of them are not stable enough at FS.
    For example, Korobeynikova at Sr Nationals was 4th in SP (very good result, ahead her were only Tuktamysheva, Sotnikova and Radionova) and 11th in FS, 10th total place.

Let us wait to see Final Resuts.

What makes me really sad is Biryukova: do you remember how beautiful she was just a year ago, when she placed 4th at CoR (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NLXw8ETkdIg and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FtP0p2qxAss)? Now she's not even at the 10% of it...

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast