Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 115

Thread: Plushenko to sue sports commentator

  1. #46
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    277
    Plushchenko had knee surgery in June 2011, then again, in 2012 he had surgery in Munich, then surgery this year after he withdrew from European Championships. He was supposed to win the words in 2011, then in 2012 and he could not - he could not even go - because his health was not good enough. Every year he has a serious surgery, and the hype is that he will be up there with quads, and tripples in Sochi.
    No wonder he is so touchy.

  2. #47
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    1,015
    The best way for him to get past this is to just go out and skate!!! He's fast becoming the bionic man with all these surgeries. I would be very surprised if we see him at Sochi! VERY surprised!

  3. #48
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    1,917
    Plushenko is staying too long at the fair. If he were healthy, he probably would do well. But he is not healthy. If his federation really cared about him, they would tell him he should call it a day. I can see no way he is going to last till Sochi. If he is sent no matter what, his country will be making a big mistake.

  4. #49
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    21
    Quote Originally Posted by LRK View Post
    But I think you are ignoring the "silence gives consent"/"no smoke without fire"-crowd. "Well, if Plushenko were innocent, surely he would have done something? Maybe he DIDN'T have an operation after all?'" &c, &c, &c... I think this is not a situation where there is an absolute "right" or "wrong" way to proceed - it is up to each individual to decide how they wish to deal with the situation. This is Plushy's choice; I'm sure he knows what he is doing - and what he's getting himself into. As for the journalist - he wanted attention - he's got it - he should be happy. I've not a shred of sympathy for the fellow.
    I am not sympathizing with the commentator but with Plushenko in his suffering.

    Indeed, Plushenko has the right to defend his own reputation by some means or other in this case, but it is wrong to bring a criminal charge against this commentator, whose behavior was rather unprofessional or snobbish, but far from a criminal offence. Nowadays the term "Publicity Stunt" is widely used by these newspeople around the world when they are singling out some celebrity for criticism in some "BIG" event. To a public figure like Plushenko, such accusation is not at all a big deal. Before/After the operation, he and his coach gave so many interviews to the press that quite a few readers/viewers would naturally regard them as a sort of "Publicity Stunt." Mishin even declared to the news media the time when Plushenko would return to the ice right before the surgery was done. Isn't such talk unwise? There are some other things I do not want to mention here, because I very much appreciate the great contributions made by Plushenko and his lifetime mentor to this sport, and I do not want to hit them when they are really down right now. I think, currently, peaceful recovering time is what he needs most. No more big talks to the press, please.

  5. #50
    Custom Title plushyfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    2,396
    Some people don't understand the decision of Plushy?

    Maybe you don't know he and his wife constantly harassed by the russian yellow press. The yellow press wrote their marriage is just a gimmick, a PR trick,and after the birth of their son a newspaper wrote that Yana hired a surrogate mother she wasn't pregnant.

    and
    http://www.eg.ru/daily/stars/36133/
    google translating

    Yana is in constant stress

    After the birth of his son Alexander Yana Rudkovskaya at her and happy father - Evgeni Plushenko, hit the shaft of attractive offers from various media. But the joy is famous parents does not bring.
    - Paparazzi opened for me to hunt, hoping to catch the moment when I am walking with a stroller - complained of "Express newspaper" Rudkovskaya. - Plaguing them not, as if all gone mad! Received various proposals. For example, the Japanese are willing to pay $ 50 000 for a photo baby. But we all refused.
    Who don't knows, Evgeni Plushenko is very popular in the land of the rising sun. And if we have not decided to give parents-baby gifts, in Japan it is in order. As told to us before delivery in an exclusive interview with Jana Rudkovskaya only pinetok (footwear for babies) handmade they have accumulated about a hundred pairs. Their Japanese fans sent to Evgeni.

    But this is more than some stupid articles in the yellow press. He is a real icon, he has many-many fans all over the world, who respect him like one of the best athlete in all sports, and respect him like a special and inspiring person.

    https://twitter.com/EvgeniPlushenko
    RT @EvgeniPlushenko:
    Here's a video which sent to me: http://youtube.com/watch?v=sapPTvStTeU
    Well, what can I say about it... I'm especially bitter, aware of the fact that Andrey Zhurankov @AZhurankov, pretending to the title of a sports journalist, which in itself should mean a certain level of professionalism, could understand all the mendacity which he told on Russian channel EUROSPORT 2 about me as an athlete and person, that is, he deliberately insulted my honor, dignity and reputation.
    Sport - it's my life. Sporting achievements in the name of the glory of Russia - this is my religion. For me, it's not just words, it is the essence of all that I did and do in the sport. Violating the code of ethics of the journalist, Zhurankov slandered and insulted not only me, than also my entire team, including a genius coach Alexei Mishin, wonderful assistants, my fans in Russia and around the world.
    Fact is so disgusting and transcends, that I'm not going to leave it just like that. In the end, there is a law, there is a court, in which I will defend my dignity of athlete and person.
    Last edited by plushyfan; 02-17-2013 at 09:24 AM.

  6. #51
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    21
    Plushenko and his wife are very fond of the limelight in this country. Nothing wrong with that, but you have to pay for that. To be honest, few skating fans are interested in Yana, a mere show biz lady.

  7. #52
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    2,419
    Quote Originally Posted by Thawingiceberg View Post
    Plushenko and his wife are very fond of the limelight in this country. Nothing wrong with that, but you have to pay for that.
    So because they're celebrities in Russia it's perfectly okay for journalists to slander them?

  8. #53
    Custom Title plushyfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    2,396
    Quote Originally Posted by Thawingiceberg View Post
    Plushenko and his wife are very fond of the limelight in this country. Nothing wrong with that, but you have to pay for that. To be honest, few skating fans are interested in Yana, a mere show biz lady.
    No, you are wrong. Plushy doesn't like the limelight, he endures because of Yana. The show biz is Yana's world. And you are wrong, most of Plushy's fans accept and respect Yana, we know Yana helps, supports Plush, because she is a strong, smart, wise woman. They are a great couple. In summer of 2010 Plushy had cca 30 shows in Japan, Yana was with him, she also got many expensive gifts from the Plushy fans. ( They ordered the container, because Zhenya wanted to take every bit from the Japanese fans in Russia, in their home! Gifts were more than 500 kg )
    Last edited by plushyfan; 02-17-2013 at 08:42 AM.

  9. #54
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    21
    Quote Originally Posted by karne View Post
    So because they're celebrities in Russia it's perfectly okay for journalists to slander them?
    If you intend to interpret my words this way, then, I have nothing to say. To be frank, nobody is infallible in this world, and Plushenko is no exception to that.

  10. #55
    Custom Title plushyfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    2,396
    Quote Originally Posted by Thawingiceberg View Post
    If you intend to interpret my words this way, then, I have nothing to say. To be frank, nobody is infallible in this world, and Plushenko is no exception to that.
    I do not understand, in this case is completely irrelevant to Plush is infallible or not. And you calm down, the court won't be send Zhurankov to the Gulag.

  11. #56
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    2,419
    Quote Originally Posted by Thawingiceberg View Post
    If you intend to interpret my words this way, then, I have nothing to say. To be frank, nobody is infallible in this world, and Plushenko is no exception to that.
    Then pray tell, how else were they meant to be interpreted?

    Look. The guy said stuff that amounts to slander and libel. Plushenko wants to sue him because, um, hel-lo, the guy said he was faking it on INTERNATIONAL TELEVISION. I'm sorry, what part of Plushenko's actions here is so terrible?

  12. #57
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    9,489
    I know this is off topic, but I don't know where to put it, and I think a lot of Russians are posting on this thread. I hope everyone is okay after the meteor explosion. I gather it hit somewhere in the Urals, mercifully not in a big city (though where it hit was bad enough). Talk about the sky falling! I gather there were no fatalities but that in this freezing weather, the blown-out windows can be extremely dangerous. On our TV station they said that volunteers are racing to cover the windows before doing anything else.

  13. #58
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Japan
    Posts
    2,188
    Quote Originally Posted by Thawingiceberg View Post
    but it is wrong to bring a criminal charge against this commentator, whose behavior was rather unprofessional or snobbish, but far from a criminal offence.
    It doesn't work like that. If the certain act is defined as a crime by the law in question, so the committed act is a crime and can't be treated as a civil case. I mean even if Plu wanted, he woudn't be able to file a civil case for the act defined as a crime by law.

    Meanwhile, finally RusFed came up with the official annnouncement on the matter. They say they fully support Plushenko in this story, take his side and in the future they tend to deal only with journalists that don't violate professional ethics.
    http://fsrussia.ru/news/448_ot-feder...onkah-rossii-/

  14. #59
    The King has arrived - no questions! plushyta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    323
    Quote Originally Posted by Thawingiceberg View Post
    ....
    Indeed, Plushenko has the right to defend his own reputation by some means or other in this case, but it is wrong to bring a criminal charge against this commentator, whose behavior was rather unprofessional or snobbish, but far from a criminal offence. Nowadays the term "Publicity Stunt" is widely used by these newspeople around the world when they are singling out some celebrity for criticism in some "BIG" event. To a public figure like Plushenko, such accusation is not at all a big deal. Before/After the operation, he and his coach gave so many interviews to the press that quite a few readers/viewers would naturally regard them as a sort of "Publicity Stunt." ...
    Plushy and Mishin give "so many interviews", just BECAUSE of this gossips!

    Anyway, every semi-literate journalist and smaller television/radio in Russia (fearing for themselves and their "the right of freedom of speech") were invited as guest Zhurankov, to express his own defense - some of his performances lasting over 45 minutes!
    http://tvrain.ru/articles/kommentato...itelno-336630/
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wjD2dpZF7wo
    http://youtu.be/9T0BGGN06Gk?t=42m23s
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NRJntXei4fs
    ... and this is only part of it...

    In any case, do not worry - journalist will not be fined more than 5000 € (how much was punished site, who wrote that marriage of Plushy and Yana is false, 1-2 year ago)....

    P.S. speaking about "freedom of speech" in Russia ... do not confuse fear of journalists from politicians, and "freedom" which these same journalists allow themselves, writing gossips and lies about showbiz and sports stars.

  15. #60
    leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    5,580
    I dont understand if someone is a public name, why he has to pay for being on the limelight? Plushenko is a public figure in Russia for certain reasons, but it is surely not in his goals to be mentioned during 4CC men warm up.

    Besides on this story, who was looking for the 15 mins of fame, Plushenko-like did he need them? Or the journalist whose name you wouldnt know otherwise and he wouldnt be on the news for two weeks now. He has probably earned more money for getting invited to interviews now, that the ones he will have to pay.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •