Hellmut Seibt Memorial, Feb 13-16,Vienna | Golden Skate

Hellmut Seibt Memorial, Feb 13-16,Vienna

skatel80

On the Ice
Hellmut seibt Memorial , feb 13-16, Vienna, Austria
I saw this event on the isu calender and there was no thread for it so I started one:) there are alot of entries in this event (43 junior ladies!) obviously there are alot of skaters trying to reach the worlds/junior worlds minimums. Notable entries include Victor Pfeiffer, Peter Liebers and Alexander Majorov in senior men, Joshi Helgesson, Kerstin Frank, Fleur Maxwell in senior ladies.
Entries http://www.eke-vienna.net/EKE/hsm/Entries.pdf
Event website http://www.eke-vienna.at/
Results page http://www.skateaustria.com/ergebnisse/HellmutSeibtMemorial/index.htm

Last edited:
Thanks for starting the thread. Heh, it's like everybody doing homework at the last moment. ;)

I hope that as many skaters as possible reach the scores. :)

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
So do I. I am still feeling unhapping the Australian dancers are 0.5 points short of the SD minimum for Worlds :cry: I don't think there's another competition for them.

There is a Cub Girl from MDA. Macedonia I guess? I can't recall seeing any skaters represent it before.

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
Superior wins in juniors.
Well done Efimenko now competing as a junior (14 years old I think)
and Spiegl with a new big personal best :clap:

Junior Ladies.
1 Liubov EFIMENKO FIN 145.23
2 Jennifer PARKER GER 128.62
3 Josefin TALJEGÅRD SWE 126.35

Junior Men
1 Ondrej SPIEGL SWE 165.47
2 Nicky OBREYKOV SWE 124.80
3 Samuel KOPPEL EST 123.74

MDA is Moldova. MKD = Macedonia. I was curious and looked it up :)
How old are Cubs?

Cubs is the oldest pre-Novice category, iirc.

I don't remember seeing any Molodovan skaters competing either.

I can't wait until Deniss Vasilljevs is old enough to compete at the JGP. He is simply incredible. A one in a million talent. Such fantastic performance ability is really rarely seen.

Efimenko was incredible. Landed 3lutz/2toe, 3flip and 2axel in the SP. A number of mistakes in the FS but still she stood up on 6 triples and two 2axels. :)

Huge improvement for Spiegl this season. He landed 3toe/3toe, 3flip and 2axel in the SP and skated a clean FS with two 3lutzes, 3flip, 3salchow, two 3toes and two 2axels! And he only had two consistent triples last season IIRC?

Anita Madsen in on a roll! Third good competition for her in a row, two clean programs! I wish she could replace 2lutz/2toe/2toe with a 3toe or a 3salchow. It would boost her TES and also make her look more "senior". Joshi Helgesson did very well too. :)

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Re Anita Madsen, yes the 2/2/2/ looks junior, but I think at this point, getting a habit of landing everything is important, too. And a lot of skaters leave a lot of points on the table because whatever 3/2/2/ they are doing has no flow through the three jumps. I wonder whether if they spent more time getting the 2/2/2 right might help them with getting the rhythm and flow on the second two jumps better?

skatel80

On the Ice
Wow looks as if Spiegl and Efimenko were brilliant! she truly is a bright talent for Finland, Spiegl looks to have but on a exhibition of great triples in the free!
and on a more selfish note from someone who loves to see irish skaters competing conor stakelum looks to have landed 5 triples in his free (one with ur) though it clearly wasnt his best competition I look forward to seeing him in competition in future, I saw him in JGP lake placid and I really liked his style and the triples he did do had lovely clean technique, he has the potential to score much higher than he did here if he skates like I saw him skate on the practice/warm ups I saw. Correct me if Im wrong but I think he is the first irish skater to land 3t, 3s and now 3lo in competition, if so:clap:

Re Anita Madsen, yes the 2/2/2/ looks junior, but I think at this point, getting a habit of landing everything is important, too. And a lot of skaters leave a lot of points on the table because whatever 3/2/2/ they are doing has no flow through the three jumps. I wonder whether if they spent more time getting the 2/2/2 right might help them with getting the rhythm and flow on the second two jumps better?

Yeah you can sometimes give skaters too much too soon. Given how far she's come since last season, it's great to see her skate clean or near clean programs consistently. Hopefully they can step it up a notch next season. :)

FSGMT

Record Breaker
Carol Bressanutti has earned the minimum TES for Worlds in both the SP and the FS!! :yay::clap: Now Italy has three eligible Ladies for Worlds (I don't think that Rodeghiero nor Rio have achieved both the minimum TESs...)!

Country
Russia
Nina-Larissa WOLFSLAST AUT
Kristina YNTEMA AUT
Sandra RISTIVOJEVIC SRB (Main Entry!)
Dominika MURCKOVA SVK
Elin HALLBERG SWE

did not earm minimum TES for Jr Worlds.