Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Thread: Time for New US World Selection System?

Custom Title
    I can see Abbott pulling a Wylie, but I thought that would happen this season. That stated, I can't think of another skater that had as much trouble as he figuring out when/how to peak.

That stated - I really have high hopes for the Miner/Farris duo in the future.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by ImaginaryPogue View Post
    I can see Abbott pulling a Wylie, but I thought that would happen this season. That stated, I can't think of another skater that had as much trouble as he figuring out when/how to peak.

That stated - I really have high hopes for the Miner/Farris duo in the future.
    Miner/Farris/Dornbush trio?

I'm not ready to give up on Dornbush yet. He's too good. Jason Brown is lovely too but I'm just expecting him to become Rippon 2.0 so as to not get my hopes up, but if he does end up getting more content down consistently (or Rippon himself, for that matter) then I will be a very happy camper. Max Aaron I enjoy on some level as well. I think the US is actually in a pretty good spot where the men's event is concerned, right now it maybe doesn't seem that way because there are too many international phenoms on the scene, but lots of them will be gone after Sochi and by then some of our younger guys can hopefully shine.

Dornbush has had one pretty good season. I would relegate him to the second tier of American men until he can get his crap together like Rippon and Mroz (who also had one lightening strike moment)....

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by silverlake22 View Post
    Miner/Farris/Dornbush trio?

I'm not ready to give up on Dornbush yet. He's too good. Jason Brown is lovely too but I'm just expecting him to become Rippon 2.0 so as to not get my hopes up, but if he does end up getting more content down consistently (or Rippon himself, for that matter) then I will be a very happy camper. Max Aaron I enjoy on some level as well. I think the US is actually in a pretty good spot where the men's event is concerned, right now it maybe doesn't seem that way because there are too many international phenoms on the scene, but lots of them will be gone after Sochi and by then some of our younger guys can hopefully shine.
    I like Miner and Farris more. I am super glad that Farris is still skating after that terrible Nationals.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8