Your favorite figure skater in social media | Golden Skate

Your favorite figure skater in social media

prettykeys

Medalist
So, which figure skaters have your favorite social media? Anything from Twitter, blogs, YouTube channels, etc.

I am having a blast looking through Misha Ge's 4CC pics being relayed through this forum's Twitter feed. :laugh: :hb: As someone who doesn't really do that sort of thing (I don't even have a FaceBook account), well, I am quite enjoying his Tweeting. :)

vera01

Final Flight
Misha Ge, Kaetlyn Osmond and D/W. +Shibs on YouTube.

I want to thank Misha Ge for uploading photos from 4CC:) I really enjoyed seeing them.

Last edited:

figuristka

Medalist
I don't use facebook very often and don't use twitter but only recently enjoyed some skaters twitters listed here on GS so not hard to miss. Misha Ge has good photos and seems interesting and Eric Radford has had some nice photos too as well as a few others.

pitterpatter

On the Ice
Agree with Misha Ge and the Shibs, another one I might add is Akiko Suzuki's blog, she posts about different aspects of her life and someone on the internet makes English versions of the entries.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Thanks for starting the thread.

Agree with those listed above, esp. Maia and Alex Shibutani.

Off the top of my head, a few more who share interesting/entertaining thoughts and slices of their lives:

- Mervin Tran ‏@skate_moivo

- Jeremy Ten ‏@j3r3bear

- Zachary Donohue @Z_Donohue

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Can't believe that I forgot to mention the extremely personable Jason Brown earlier.

So far he has written guest blogs for Ice Network at two competitions, and they were full of life and joy.

His good cheer makes me smile, and I hope that he will write more.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Can't believe that I forgot to mention the extremely personable Jason Brown earlier.

So far he has written guest blogs for Ice Network at two competitions, and they were full of life and joy.

His good cheer makes me smile, and I hope that he will write more.

I agree! I couldn't help but smile all the way through his blogs.

I hope he makes good on that promise to Mr Buckley at Nationals and gets a Twitter.

Speaking of Twitter, some of the interactions between Joshua Farris (@joshDfarris), Angela Wang (@angelawangster), Timothy Dolensky (@TimDolensky), Max Aaron (@MaxTAaron) and the other Broadmoor skaters are really hilarious.

I'm also Facebook friends with two skaters (both mentioned above) and they are just so sweet and nice, and one of them has a slight addiction problem with his !!! and the capslock button! Some of the pictures are just :laugh:

ice coverage

Record Breaker
karne, thanks for the information that Jason Brown promised to get a Twitter account (I was not aware). If/when he does, I hope that you will post his Twitter handle in this thread.

:agree: Absolutely agree that the Twitter conversations among skaters -- whether scattered across the globe or clustered at one rink -- show wonderful camaraderie. Very endearing. :cool:

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Jason Brown is blogging from Junior Worlds in Milan (for IN)

Attn: fans -- past/present/future ;) -- of Jason Brown's blogging

Brown once again is blogging for IN. :yay:

As some of us have mentioned in this thread, Brown's blogging always is a pleasure to read. And his first installment from Milan lives up to that reputation. :cool:

I got hooked on Brown's expressive writing (even without knowing much about his skating) when Doris recommended his first round of blogging from a previous competition. Thanks, Doris.​

Have you all noticed the twitter feed that GS has on the main page, right hand side, at the very bottom of the page?

www.goldenskate.com

:agree: Right before the server upgrade, I had replied to say "Thank you, GS" -- and I can't say it often enough.
The GS twitter feed definitely is a great window into what skaters (from all over the world) are saying in the Twitterverse.

invisiblespiral

Record Breaker
The Shibs on everything+Jason, Gracie, and Josh and Angela's icenetwork blogs+all of the skaters I follow on instagram (Gracie, Alex & Maia, Liza, and Elena Radionova)

clairecloutier

Final Flight
My favorite is Denis Ten. It's so interesting seeing his pictures of Kazakhstan and elsewhere. He really takes great photographs.

Also love Alex Shibutani's tweets (funny) and all the pictures he & Maia share on their Facebook page.

silverlake22

Record Breaker
The Shibutani's and Denis Ten. Also enjoy Dornbush's sporadic binge tweets - he's such a science nerd which I never would have guessed! Also Gracie Gold and Christina Gao have some good instagram pictures. The broadmoor skaters are also fun to follow, Joe Johnson, Angela Wang, and Josh Farris would appear to be inseparable and Max squared (Aaron and Settlage) have some funny tweets as well.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I only have one bone to pick when reading Jason's blog from Milan...

...it made me very, very hungry!

I also wanted to add, congratulations to Kori and her husband on their expected little one!

Last edited: