How to take 3 spots for Sochi? | Page 3 | Golden Skate

How to take 3 spots for Sochi?

LRK

Record Breaker
In reality, they've both been hot and cold all season. Sotnikova skated well at EUROPEANS, before that she had a decent Nationals, bad COR, okay SA, and okay Nebelhorn. Gracie had an okay SLC, bad SC, decent COR, overall good Nationals but was fabulous in the FS there, and an okay/not-so-great 4CC. They are pretty comparable IMO, Sotnikova's best competition this season just happens to have been her most recent whereas Gracie's was earlier.

I suppose it depends also on whether she got a confidence boost out of it, or if she feels more pressure now?

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Sotnikova is a headcase
Gracie has a much better track record and has been doing well better this season compared to Sotnikova

silverlake22

Record Breaker
Sotnikova is a headcase
Gracie has a much better track record and has been doing well better this season compared to Sotnikova

Idk if this is fair to say. Buianova or TAT, one or the other, said Adelina was dealing with minor but nagging injuries this season. If this is true and the injuries are better now, then it would make sense why Adelina skated well at Euros and she may well skate at Worlds. In terms of being a "headcase", I think it's too early to call either of these girls that, but if we are talking about inconsistency performing at competitions, I would say they are pretty much even. If they both were to skate clean and to their potential though, I think Adelina would have the edge over Gracie, she is stronger in spins and PCS.

drivingmissdaisy

Record Breaker
I suppose it depends also on whether she got a confidence boost out of it, or if she feels more pressure now?

I hope she got more confident. I think Adelina is the one skater who can shake things up at the top, maybe not this year but certainly in Sochi. If she can skate well and manage a 3rd or 4th place finish she will be set up perfectly to compete for the OGM in 2014.

gmyers

Record Breaker
Sotnikova is definitely a headcase on the triple flip. She's so inconsistent on it. Singles are so common. She can't get it consistent in any way. Good triples or singles on it and you never know what is going to happen.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Sotnikova is definitely a headcase on the triple flip. She's so inconsistent on it. Singles are so common. She can't get it consistent in any way. Good triples or singles on it and you never know what is going to happen.

yep, almost always singles the flip and her 3lz-3t is very unreliable
Gracie's only weakness is 3Lo but she never misses her flip and her lutz is much much more reliable, her 3lz-3t is solid and to die for
I think it speaks that Gracie performance and results this season have been ahead of Sotnikova's
Sotnikova needs to win a gold medal to prove she is not a headcase.