Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Torvill & Dean admit romantic past

News Torvill & Dean admit romantic past

After years of speculation, gold-medal winning ice skating duo Jayne Torvill and Christopher Dean have admitted to a past romantic relationship.

More

and more....

Custom Title
    Karen Barber was Nicky Slater's partner who followed Torvill & Dean as British Ice Dance champions, so Dean and Barber have known each other for years. Slater often commentates on ice dancing on British Eurosport TV.

Custom Title
    That is more than I care to know. Can't people keep some parts of their lives private? Self-admitted liars, both.

Quote Originally Posted by Icey View Post
    That is more than I care to know. Can't people keep some parts of their lives private? Self-admitted liars, both.

On the Ice
    This really doesn't surprise me. Now if only Tessa and Scott would stop singing the same tune...

Custom Title
    Is there more? Because i must have missed the confession. "Dabbling" doesn't exactly sound like a relationship to me.

Custom Title
    I had to chuckle when I noticed what this poster said under the Telegraph article:

Please do DT journalists have any updates on Pyramus and Thisbe? Eloise and Abelard?

[Olympia here again:] Yes, why after all these years is this some kind of scoop? Besides being none of our business....

On the Ice
    Not surprised if any of the pairs or ice dancers are or were in a relationship with each other. They're human after all.
    What I'd hate see is the off-ice break-up becoming the reason of the on-ice break-up. (Of course they'll never publicly admit it, I suppose, but I do suspect a few...will never know for sure)
    Last edited by aims; 02-15-2013 at 11:24 PM.

Custom Title
    They always denied strenuously any Romantic involvement so now their auto bio could be rewritten a little I guess. What would anyone have said in the past if they did admit it?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by aims View Post
    Not surprised if any of the pairs or ice dancers are or were in a relationship with each other. They're human after all.
    What I'd hate see is the off-ice break-up becoming the reason of the on-ice break-up. (Of course they'll never publicly admit it, I suppose, but I do suspect a few...will never know for sure)
    It nearly wrecked Dube/Davison's career, something he admitted.

Ditto....on the web, I was looking for a pic of Karen and instead found a long detailed interview Karen gave about her boob job a year ago. To paraphrase Nancy Kerigan..."Wwwwwhhhhhhhyyyyyyyy?"
    Chris who likes Jill Trenary and doesnt even know her.
    Quote Originally Posted by tulosai View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Icey View Post
    exactly. is this news???? gossip item from years ago. who cares now.

Custom Title
    to dabble; is to dip your toe into a specific subject. (I wonder if that means they had a foot fetish)

As long as they weren't in relationships with others at the time and didn't break up the team, does it really matter?

It's perfectly natural for a pair or dance team to develop potential romantic feelings for each other. They spend a lot of time with each other and are experiencing the same troubles and triumphs together. As teams, they need to trust and rely on each other. Some 'dabble' until they decide which is more important - a romance or the team. (Brasseur/Eisler) Others take the chance and then have to deal with the failure of the romance while still skating together. (Wortzel/Steuer. Usova/Zhulin. Bechke/Petrov. Sale/Peltier). Others take the chance and succeed (Gordeeva/Grinkov. Shen/Zhao. Meno/Sands.)

Custom Title
    Heyang, Dean's first wife, Isabelle Duchesnay, was famously jealous of Jayne and referred to her as the 'other woman' in their marriage.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast