Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Torvill & Dean admit romantic past

Rinkside
    Quote Originally Posted by Icey View Post
    Heyang, Dean's first wife, Isabelle Duchesnay, was famously jealous of Jayne and referred to her as the 'other woman' in their marriage.
    First of, when T/D were admittedly dabbling, they were 17 and 16. When they accquainted Isabelle and her brother in summer of '82, they were 24 and 23, and the dabbling must have been history.
    Second, I can't remember any interview of Isabelle so far with her saying or even hinting that she was jealous of Jayne. I can remember reading that Isabelle felt Jayne was jealous of her (say, the other way round, what makes more sense to me, too).
    Third, Isabelle was often quoted as saying that Jayne was 'the other woman' in their marriage. Given that she truely said that (we know the yellow press, don't we?) it doesn't have to be meant in a sense of romantic relationship. I guess she referred to Jayne demanding very much of Dean's time for skating, keeping him away from his married life.
    Last edited by Josie; 02-17-2013 at 01:55 PM.

Custom Title
    I've always wondered what happened to Isabelle Duchesnay and Jill Trenary. Dean certainly has had quite the romantic history . . .

Custom Title
    Josie, where did you get the ages at which the dabbling occurred? My statement about jealousy came from an article I read a few days ago. I didn't just make it up. Will try to relocate. In any case, Dean himself said that Isabelle thought of Jayne as the third person in their marriage. That feeling would incite some jealousy in most people I would think.

There's almost always going to be tension with one's husband works closely with another woman, especially if you don't like the person. From what I've read, Jayne and Isabelle didn't care for each other from the start, although Jayne did like Jill. I'm gonna hazard a guess that Isabelle and Chris were too young to be married to each other , especially since Chris was coaching Isabelle and Paul, as well. There was tension because she wanted him to dedicate more time to coaching while he had other professional obligations with Jayne, as well.

Not sure what happened with Jill and Chris. I think some of it had to do with her staying in Colorado with their sons while he travelled extensively for work. I think she started staying home when their eldest became school aged.

Custom Title
    Quote from Article: In the early Nineties, Chris was married briefly to French-Canadian skater ­Isabelle Duchesnay, who was famously jealous of Jayne, referring to her as the ‘other woman’ in their marriage. Patting Jayne on the leg, Chris says now: ‘This is the one marriage that lasted.
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...e-Torvill.html

Could someone refresh my memory about how to do quotes.
    Last edited by Icey; 02-17-2013 at 07:45 PM.

Custom Title
    [
    ]

To start

[
    /quote
    ]

To end. Without the entered spaces

Does anyone know when this interview will be aired, so we can here what the principals actually say?

So far, all we have is a Twitter tease, which was then quoted over and over by various newspapers.

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    check out when Piers Morgan appears on your TV, I guess?

Custom Title
    there was something about Jayne's face that always made me think she was so much older than Dean. I admit I am a little suspcious about incestious skating relationships about them likely to work out. I understand people are touring and you come in contact with those who you work with and thus romances but it seems against all odds that many relationships would work out. hence the huge number of divorces in skating or splits. Splits really hurt the team look at what happened with usova and Zhulin. Yikes they went from a passionate romantic team to her playing a rag doll or some kind of puppet and lost the gold medal. If you think about the odds that while it is undersandable why people you work with you marry as they are your circle of friends but what are the odds such high level athletes each with individual success would marry someone with equal or also a high level of international success. It's almost "what are the odds". It takes a lot of drive to get to the top and two different people who are driven for int'l glory - well one can see why so many marriages in skating or other sports where two athletes marry have a high rate of divorce or splits. iN skating the communithy is so small so the disaster is often magnified ie Bryce and Scott and Jessica.

Rinkside
    Quote Originally Posted by Icey View Post
    Josie, where did you get the ages at which the dabbling occurred? My statement about jealousy came from an article I read a few days ago. I didn't just make it up. Will try to relocate. In any case, Dean himself said that Isabelle thought of Jayne as the third person in their marriage. That feeling would incite some jealousy in most people I would think.
    This is the link I was referring to:
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...interview.html

I apoligize, I didn't mean to sound so hash in my post above. What I was trying to say was, that there's no connection between the teenage dabbling of T and D and Dean's marriage to Isabelle. I agree with everything you say in your post, of course jealousy comes as a result of two women playing mayor roles in one man's life, and I didn't mean to imply that you made something up. But it might have been jealousy on both sides, not just Isabelle's.
    I just feel uncomfortable that Isabelle's name is broght up alongside the dabbling issue. She hadn't got anything to do with T and D as teenagers.
    When she and Dean married, she was 27, Dean was 33.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2