Torvill & Dean admit romantic past | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Torvill & Dean admit romantic past

Does anyone know when this interview will be aired, so we can here what the principals actually say?

So far, all we have is a Twitter tease, which was then quoted over and over by various newspapers.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
there was something about Jayne's face that always made me think she was so much older than Dean. I admit I am a little suspcious about incestious skating relationships about them likely to work out. I understand people are touring and you come in contact with those who you work with and thus romances but it seems against all odds that many relationships would work out. hence the huge number of divorces in skating or splits. Splits really hurt the team look at what happened with usova and Zhulin. Yikes they went from a passionate romantic team to her playing a rag doll or some kind of puppet and lost the gold medal. If you think about the odds that while it is undersandable why people you work with you marry as they are your circle of friends but what are the odds such high level athletes each with individual success would marry someone with equal or also a high level of international success. It's almost "what are the odds". It takes a lot of drive to get to the top and two different people who are driven for int'l glory - well one can see why so many marriages in skating or other sports where two athletes marry have a high rate of divorce or splits. iN skating the communithy is so small so the disaster is often magnified ie Bryce and Scott and Jessica.

Josie

Rinkside
Josie, where did you get the ages at which the dabbling occurred? My statement about jealousy came from an article I read a few days ago. I didn't just make it up. Will try to relocate. In any case, Dean himself said that Isabelle thought of Jayne as the third person in their marriage. That feeling would incite some jealousy in most people I would think.
This is the link I was referring to:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...eveal-teenage-fling-television-interview.html

I apoligize, I didn't mean to sound so hash in my post above. What I was trying to say was, that there's no connection between the teenage dabbling of T and D and Dean's marriage to Isabelle. I agree with everything you say in your post, of course jealousy comes as a result of two women playing mayor roles in one man's life, and I didn't mean to imply that you made something up. But it might have been jealousy on both sides, not just Isabelle's.
I just feel uncomfortable that Isabelle's name is broght up alongside the dabbling issue. She hadn't got anything to do with T and D as teenagers.
When she and Dean married, she was 27, Dean was 33.