Thread: Cranston becomes official artist of SC

Hybrid View

Custom Title

Cranston becomes official artist of SC

http://fskating.com/2013/02/toller-c...te-canada.html

Olympic bronze medalist, and five-time Canadian champion Toller Cranston has been named the Official Artist of Skate Canada. The two-year partnership is a first for both the organization and the artist.
    As the Official Artist of Skate Canada, Cranston created a signature poster for the 2013 ISU World Figure Skating Championships in London, Ontario, March 11-17, where he will have a featured exhibition. His artwork can be viewed online and will be available at the world championships in London.

Quote Originally Posted by SkateFiguring View Post
    My first reaction was "he's already an artist, he doesn't need it to be made official"! But I see he's been named Skate Canada's official artist. Nice, and I'm glad he can bring his talents as an artist to the world of skating, where he also excelled.

Perhaps the thread title could be edited to reflect that he is working with SC?

Custom Title
    The title is supposed to be Toller Cranston Becomes Official Artist Of Skate Canada as I pasted it from the article title. I didn't realize it was not complete. We need the admin to correct it now.

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    Always glad to see some Toller love

Custom Title
    I love the poster and plan to get itin London! I have two of Toller's works and treasure them.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrufflet View Post
    I love the poster and plan to get itin London! I have two of Toller's works and treasure them.
    I'll try to find the poster to view it. I've seen pictures of Toller's paintings and have liked them very much. Besides, I just love Toller. What a splendid skater, both as an amateur and as a pro, and a great pathfinder for men's skating.

Quote Originally Posted by SkateFiguring View Post
    The title is supposed to be Toller Cranston Becomes Official Artist Of Skate Canada as I pasted it from the article title. I didn't realize it was not complete. We need the admin to correct it now.
    There is a new limit in place on the number of characters allowed in a GS thread title. After that, the title is just truncated. The reason is so that everything displays properly on the min page. Sometimes one must be clever in squeezing in the full intent of the title in the designated field.
    Last edited by Mathman; 02-15-2013 at 03:51 PM.