Cranston becomes official artist of SC | Golden Skate

Cranston becomes official artist of SC

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
http://fskating.com/2013/02/toller-cranston-becomes-official-artist-of-skate-canada.html

Olympic bronze medalist, and five-time Canadian champion Toller Cranston has been named the Official Artist of Skate Canada. The two-year partnership is a first for both the organization and the artist.

As the Official Artist of Skate Canada, Cranston created a signature poster for the 2013 ISU World Figure Skating Championships in London, Ontario, March 11-17, where he will have a featured exhibition. His artwork can be viewed online and will be available at the world championships in London.

Buttercup

Record Breaker

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
The title is supposed to be Toller Cranston Becomes Official Artist Of Skate Canada as I pasted it from the article title. I didn't realize it was not complete. We need the admin to correct it now.

Scrufflet

Final Flight
I love the poster and plan to get itin London! I have two of Toller's works and treasure them.

The title is supposed to be Toller Cranston Becomes Official Artist Of Skate Canada as I pasted it from the article title. I didn't realize it was not complete. We need the admin to correct it now.

There is a new limit in place on the number of characters allowed in a GS thread title. After that, the title is just truncated. The reason is so that everything displays properly on the min page. Sometimes one must be clever in squeezing in the full intent of the title in the designated field. :)

Last edited:
I love the poster and plan to get itin London! I have two of Toller's works and treasure them.

I'll try to find the poster to view it. I've seen pictures of Toller's paintings and have liked them very much. Besides, I just love Toller. What a splendid skater, both as an amateur and as a pro, and a great pathfinder for men's skating.

Neat! Hadn't thought of that! Makes it even better!

Holy cannoli! I never even thought of that. Splendid.

I have no knowledge of Cranston's influences and interests, but the fact that he lives in Mexico seems to be reflected in the colors and the flowing outfits, but I also see hints of Russian art like Palekh ware in there. Does anyone know anything about his style?

skateluvr

Record Breaker
Now this is interesting news about one of the most unique men to ever skate, imho. I love his work. I've seeen other photos and I'd buy if I had the dough. He's fabulous. The real deal then and now.

Scrufflet

Final Flight
Holy cannoli! I never even thought of that. Splendid.

I have no knowledge of Cranston's influences and interests, but the fact that he lives in Mexico seems to be reflected in the colors and the flowing outfits, but I also see hints of Russian art like Palekh ware in there. Does anyone know anything about his style?

He's certainly done a lot of work influenced byhis Mexican surroundings and he always said he wanted to be like Nureyev while other skaters wanted to be rock stars. I have a really good story about meeting Toller which I will send you when I get a chance.

NYscorp6

On the Ice
Country
United-States
It's good to see Toller still actively painting. I was fortunate to meet him at one of his exhibitions in the mid 1990's at the Dyansen Gallery in Trump Tower, NYC. What was even better was that the gallery planned the opening around one of the figure skating tours being in town, I believe Stars on Ice. Most of the skaters attended including Katia & Segei. What impressed me the most though was how stunningly beautiful Isabelle Duchesnay was in person. What a great night!

Last edited:

colleen o'neill

Medalist
I love Toller's work ! It sends me to another realm. As did his skating.

( Still miss his commentary , too ..dang it ! )