I'm in a book! | Golden Skate

I'm in a book!

Scrufflet

Final Flight
This has nothing to do with skating but I am excited! I have collected vintage costume jewellery for years and pieces from my collection are in a new book, "Juliana Jewelry The Last Generation" by Paula Knutson and Karla Wacker! Weee!!!!! My first time ever being in a book of any kind!

Congrats, Scrufflet! That's great. And what a nice kind of book to be in.

I always knew there was a lot of star quality around here.

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Congrats Scrufflet!! I love vintage jewelry...glad all that collecting paid off for you.

Also in Le Cafe is where you can post non-skating items. It's kind of our Cafe Nervosa, if you get my drift.

I looked up the book on Amazon, and the site let me look at a few of the pages. Some lovely jewelry in there!

I love hobbies like that. You get to appreciate lovely artisanship, and you often meet interesting people that are very different from you except in the thing they enjoy collecting. I'm a kind of outer orbiter of the quilting community (I don't quilt myself but buy quilter's cotton for doll clothes), and the fun I've had at the quilt shop and at shows (ogling the most astonishingly beautiful quilts, sewn by ordinary folk at their everyday sewing machines) really enriches my imagination and my life.

And now you're a literary luminary. Good going!