Thread: Event Information

Hybrid View

Tripping on the Podium

Event Information

I saw a post about eating and I agree I hope the ISU gives lots of time between events to eat a good meal.

There are lots of restaurants nearby of all price points, and tastes.

If the ISU doesn't give alot of time the Covent Garden Market across the street has lots of grab and go vendors from American to Thai. If you want to try great coffee try Little Red Roster.

The market also has a a flower vendor so you can get flowers for your favourite skaters.

http://www.coventmarket.com/

I also suggest getting to Kingsmills for some shopping they are a 1min walk from the arena. http://www.kingsmills.com/

There is also and Inuit Gallery near by http://www.innuitgallery.com/

There will be volunteers out and about downtown who can give you more information on how to find what you need.

If you have time I also suggest trying to get to Labatt Breweries tour, it's about a 10min walk from the arena. Labatt Beer started in London that is why the arena was called the John Labatt Centre, Labatt's decided that after 10 years of sponsorship they wanted to call it Budweiser Gardens instead. You will hear lots of Londoners calling it the JLC it will be a long time before we switch to Budweiser Gardens. If you do get a chance to do the tour make sure to ask them about the John Labatt kidnapping story.

http://www.londontourism.ca/Discover...-Brewery-Tours
    Last edited by waterblades; 02-17-2013 at 10:03 PM. Reason: typo

Rinkside
    Be wary of trying to take outside food into the Budweiser Gardens - they are very strict about it in this facility even if you have a medical condition such as diabetes.

The market tends to be very busy during skating/other events so be prepared for waiting in line for food but it does have some good options for eating.

Tripping on the Podium

Light Show

Tree of Light - Coming March 10 - 16th
    Tree of Light by Moment Factory - come down during March Break and take in the atmosphere of the World Figure Skating Championships. Skate Canada House on Covent Garden Market Square will be showing all the events going on inside Budwieser Garden as well as featuring great local talent. Admission is free! After dark, you can watch the events broadcast live onto the walls of Budweiser Gardens and at 8:00 p.m. and 10:30 p.m. each day take in the spectacular light show by Moment Factory.

http://www.downtownlondon.ca/News/Tr...March-10--16th

Custom Title
    So as a diabetic they will not allow me food ... that is crazy! I will email them and ask this question. I will also need my meds as its a long day.

Tripping on the Podium
    Quote Originally Posted by emdee View Post
    So as a diabetic they will not allow me food ... that is crazy! I will email them and ask this question. I will also need my meds as its a long day.
    I have taken in food for diabetics lots of times with no problems, I think it is just one of those crazy times, those that just don't understand.

Tripping on the Podium
    The hash tag for worlds is #FSWORLDS13

Wireless will cover a very large area in and around Budweiser Gardens from York St all the way up Richmond Rd to almost Oxford St. no password required and it is called London Lawn.

On the Ice
    I agree , I have never had any problems with this !!!

On the Ice
    I live here in London and have been to this venue numerous times and have never had any problems with bringing in some food or snacks !!!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by pharmtech1 View Post
    I live here in London and have been to this venue numerous times and have never had any problems with bringing in some food or snacks !!!
    Glad to hear this. I'm hoping that they say this because they want people to use the internal vendors. Honestly, I've never had a problem with this at any event I've ever been at.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by emdee View Post
    I am in the same situation, being a diabetic. I'm taking a large purse and putting food at the bottom. If anyone gives me problems, I am going to be very loud! I had no problem at Nationals but then this is a different venue. My meds will be on top of my purse with my doctor's note too. I also plan to tell them to page the woman from Guest Services who has been so very helpful. Emdee, you might want to check in with her beforehand (or at least feel a little better about the situation).

Tripping on the Podium
    There should not be a problem on food I talked to my friend who is a manager there and he said yes of course a few snacks, no problem a big meal they would have a problem with that.

JAK thanks for the food menu they said the food was going to be healthier and it is!
    Last edited by waterblades; 02-27-2013 at 09:09 PM.