Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Event Information

Tripping on the Podium

Walking Tour Apps for Downtown London

http://www.lfpress.com/2013/03/04/ap...ateway-to-past

I think I am going to have to try this myself it sounds fun!

Rinkside
    A new competition and Practice schedule has been posted. It has the start and end times. http://www.worlds2013.ca/event/pdf/2...chedule_en.pdf

Tripping on the Podium

Maple Syrup

Okay so I know this doesn't have anything to do with skating but I love going to the sugar bush for fresh Maple Syrup and for those of you that don't have sugar bushes and have car you should try and get there, we have a bunch around the outskirts of town and the sap is running.

This one has the best sausages http://mclachlansyrup.ca/ ,
    this one is the closest to those not downtown and in the south end
    http://www.crinklawmaplesyrup.com/home.html
    and this one is run by the Kinsmen and the money goes to charity
    http://home.primus.ca/~greaterlondonkinsmenclub/

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    Are these like the cabanes à sucre in Quebec; that is, are there meals involved?

In Vermont, you get syrup at a sugar house; maybe sugar on snow, maybe with the traditional accompaniments of dill pickles and fresh, hot doughnuts, but no meals.

Tripping on the Podium
    Quote Originally Posted by dorispulaski View Post
    Are these like the cabanes à sucre in Quebec; that is, are there meals involved?

In Vermont, you get syrup at a sugar house; maybe sugar on snow, maybe with the traditional accompaniments of dill pickles and fresh, hot doughnuts, but no meals.
    In Ontario we call them Sugar Bush or Sugar Shack, same as Quebec. You would have to buy the food but yes, always pancakes and yummy maple syrup. A few also have baked brown beans with maple syrup, and either bacon or sausage. They may do the sugar on the snow, but not usually.

Tripping on the Podium

Hotels

There are some more rooms few or at least there were at some of the downtown hotels, I heard today that all the rooms they had to have blocked can now be released.

Tripping on the Podium

Travel Guide for London just for Skating!

Tripping on the Podium

Travel Guide for London just for Skating

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by waterblades View Post
    In Ontario we call them Sugar Bush or Sugar Shack, same as Quebec. You would have to buy the food but yes, always pancakes and yummy maple syrup. A few also have baked brown beans with maple syrup, and either bacon or sausage. They may do the sugar on the snow, but not usually.

Good to know. In VT, the sugar bush is the stand of maple trees, not the house. That's why the ski area Sugarbush is called that.

The house is a sugar house. Sugar Shack is an old song in VT.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-DW8ecqu0Iw

Custom Title
    Thanks all.

I only carry some candy and some crackers. Honestly dont need to carry large quantities of food.
    Hope they let us take a water bottle in - happy to buy from the vendor but still need to have handy.

The food menu looks wonderful with plenty of choices. It was awful at the GPF last year.

Tripping on the Podium
    If anyone wants to come by and say hi and meet, I am volunteering for Skate Canada at Budweiser Gardens info both on Monday from 6pm-12am.

Tripping on the Podium
    If anyone wants to come by and say hi and meet, I am volunteering for Skate Canada at Budweiser Gardens info both on Monday from 6pm-12am.
    I will be working at gate 4

Custom Title
    I will be working at gate 4
    I won't be there until Wed. but do have a blast! Like you need to be told!
    I wonder if Toller is going to be around due to the fact that his art is being displayed and sold. Any idea?

Tripping on the Podium
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrufflet View Post
    I won't be there until Wed. but do have a blast! Like you need to be told!
    I wonder if Toller is going to be around due to the fact that his art is being displayed and sold. Any idea?
    Yes he is hear all week, the art gallery which is kiddy corner to the arena is showing his work all week, admission is by donation, and Thursday 5-9 at the gallery the official unveiling takes place.

Custom Title
    Yes he is hear all week, the art gallery which is kiddy corner to the arena is showing his work all week, admission is by donation, and Thursday 5-9 at the gallery the official unveiling takes place.
    Oh goodie! One of my dearest friends is his cousin! I shall let her know as she will be attending on the weekend! He is such a character. Anybody who can, go meet him!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2