Skate Science Double Plus Blade? | Golden Skate

Skate Science Double Plus Blade?

MeganP

Spectator
Does anyone have any experience with the Skate Science blades? We are looking at moving our 10 year old daughter into them. She is working on her double axel. I would appreciate anyone's thoughts on them. Otherwise, our 2nd choice is the Matrix 2 Supremes...............thougts???

Thank you!

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
MeganP, I hope someone here can answer your question, but in any case, welecom to Golden Skate!

mskater93

Record Breaker
Never heard of the Skate Science blades. People I know in the Matrix blades are "noisy" and it's the blades, not the skaters.

KitChase

Match Penalty
Skate Science's Double Plus blade is usually used for skating athletes doing double jumps. These blades are made from steel. Due to this blade user can do spins, footwork, bound, toe steps, and edges work better. So you can get better speed and power .

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Skate Science's Double Plus blade is usually used for skating athletes doing double jumps. These blades are made from steel. Due to this blade user can do spins, footwork, bound, toe steps, and edges work better. So you can get better speed and power .

*bemused* Um, all blades are made from steel.

Did you lift this right off their rubbish website?

mskater93

Record Breaker
Actually, the Paramount mounts are made from aluminum, but the runner from steel, but this does sound like it's paraphrased right from the website.

icestar

Rinkside
I take it you mean these blades.....http://skatescience.net/
I have never personally seem anyone using them, they do look interesting. I'd wait and let someone else try them first.
Most of my skaters are in martix or paramount; which are the lighter aluminum blades with the steel runners. They have worked well for them.