Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Narumi Takahashi's new partner revealed?

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA CaroLiza_fan's Avatar

News Narumi Takahashi's new partner revealed?

According to a link that a friend of mine posted to Facebook an hour or so ago, Takahashi's new partner will be...drum roll...Ryuichi Kihara

www.47news.jp/CN/201301/CN2013012901002400.html

Story is in Japanese, but it can easily be translated into English.

Well, we all knew it would be a Japanese skater. But, for somebody with Narumi's record of success, I would have thought they would have paired her up with somebody who had experience in pairs skating, rather than a singles skater.

But, good luck to them both! It will be great to see Narumi back in action. Now all we need to do is sort Mervin out with a new partner...

Thanks for the link, Ira

CaroLiza_fan

On the Ice
    Quote Originally Posted by CaroLiza_fan View Post
    According to a link that a friend of mine posted to Facebook an hour or so ago, Takahashi's new partner will be...drum roll...Ryuichi Kihara

www.47news.jp/CN/201301/CN2013012901002400.html

Story is in Japanese, but it can easily be translated into English.

Well, we all knew it would be a Japanese skater. But, for somebody with Narumi's record of success, I would have thought they would have paired her up with somebody who had experience in pairs skating, rather than a singles skater.

But, good luck to them both! It will be great to see Narumi back in action. Now all we need to do is sort Mervin out with a new partner...

Thanks for the link, Ira

CaroLiza_fan
    Aw, I really like Takahashi and Tran :( But it couldn't be helped really. Pairs partners change so fast these days that it's getting hard to keep up, or really invest in them.

Custom Title
    Can Mervyn Tran and Vanessa Lam partner up? Vanessa might not make it in single with her small jumps. But her line, her jumps, and her steps are solid for pair. They should be very competitive in a short time.

ISU, stop promoting 2-foot skating!
    Quote Originally Posted by FlattFan View Post
    Can Mervyn Tran and Vanessa Lam partner up? Vanessa might not make it in single with her small jumps. But her line, her jumps, and her steps are solid for pair. They should be very competitive in a short time.
    So that Tran can find himself in a position where he's unable to make Olympics again? :P

Custom Title
    If he make a run for the border, he's as good as in.

Custom Title
    I knew it, I knew it I called this one! I think is a great pairing. Ryuichi has a lot to catch up on but I always felt he had the size and build to do pairs.

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA CaroLiza_fan's Avatar
    Link to another update that has just been brought to my attention by my friend on Facebook.

http://hochi.yomiuri.co.jp/sports/wi...OHT1T00137.htm

Again, it is in Japanese, but the gist of it is that Narumi Takahashi and Ryuichi Kihara will be trained by Yuka Sato in Detroit.

Thanks for the info Ira!

CaroLiza_fan

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by CaroLiza_fan View Post
    Again, it is in Japanese, but the gist of it is that Narumi Takahashi and Ryuichi Kihara will be trained by Yuka Sato in Detroit.

Thanks for the info Ira!
    CaroLiza_fan
    Thanks for the info, CaroLiza_fan!

Still Idk what to say and expect on this new-pairing...however, wow, traininig in Detroit will be quite beneficial for this new team, I believe. Jason used to be a US great pair skater and knows hell a lot of how to skate with once-a-single skater (yeees, Yuka! ), so that he can perfectly advise to Narumi. And vice versa Yuka to Ryuichi. He can also learn how to skate from Yuka! When I heard about the rumor (Kihara as her new partner), I was worried because his skating skill was no match with Narumi's I thought. He doesn't have to worry about the language barrier in Detroit, either, Narumi and Yuka being with him.
    Oh my. Jason and Yuka sounds just a perfect choice for them! Here's my hoping good luck to them!

And I sincerely hope Mervin also can find his new partner asap. Time is so precious especially for Mervin, since he is the one who has no other choice but to change his 'representing' country...Best of luck to him!!! Mervin, please don't forget there are so many skating fans in Japan who are willing to root for you no matter what!!!
    Last edited by deedee1; 01-30-2013 at 05:34 AM.

So happy she got another partner. Funny but before i clicked to see who i wondered if it may be Kihara, who was also one of my picks For me it was between kihara and Nakamura.
    Last edited by figuristka; 01-30-2013 at 06:14 AM.

Banned
    She updated her blog and posted some pics of them training and shopping together: http://ameblo.jp/narumi-takahashi/th...035568631.html

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by deedee1 View Post
    Thanks for the info, CaroLiza_fan!

Still Idk what to say and expect on this new-pairing...however, wow, traininig in Detroit will be quite beneficial for this new team, I believe. Jason used to be a US great pair skater and knows hell a lot of how to skate with once-a-single skater (yeees, Yuka! ), so that he can perfectly advise to Narumi. And vice versa Yuka to Ryuichi. He can also learn how to skate from Yuka! When I heard about the rumor (Kihara as her new partner), I was worried because his skating skill was no match with Narumi's I thought. He doesn't have to worry about the language barrier in Detroit, either, Narumi and Yuka being with him.
    Oh my. Jason and Yuka sounds just a perfect choice for them! Here's my hoping good luck to them!

And I sincerely hope Mervin also can find his new partner asap. Time is so precious especially for Mervin, since he is the one who has no other choice but to change his 'representing' country...Best of luck to him!!! Mervin, please don't forget there are so many skating fans in Japan who are willing to root for you no matter what!!!
    How wonderful to hear that they'll be training in Detroit with Yuka and Jason! I hope everything works out for them. Now we just have to worry about Mervin.

Custom Title
    Hope it goes well and glad Japan will have a pairs team for Sochi! I don't think they'll be super competitive any time soon, but if he's a good singles skater, the SBS jumps and spins might be fine at least, and the throws should still be fine. Assuming they'll make the minimum TES scores for Sochi, they will at least have a shot at a medal in the team competition. They need to start entering competitions soon though.

Custom Title
    They look good together. I really liked the girl since last year, even though I was surprised they won the bronze.

Custom Title
    I was wondering if they will show up at this year's WTT just to gain some points...

Quote Originally Posted by jjane45 View Post
    I was wondering if they will show up at this year's WTT just to gain some points...
    I don't think they have anything to lose... They will get points regardless even if they place last. Better to get minimum points than to leave the category blank for Team Japan.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast