Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Young You

Bona Fide Member

6 Not allowed!

Young You

So, after her becoming the youngest skater ever to win Korean Nationals, I think she deserves a thread.

Here's her programs from 2016 Korean Nationals:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c58vOhKqY6Y (SP) and
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w1HidEupUME (FS).

She becomes junior-eligible in 2017-2018, and I hope she'll be able to do well.

Last edited by dorispulaski; 01-12-2016 at 12:20 AM.

3 Not allowed!
    I was gonna adopt her! How dare you?!?

Anyway, I hope KSU sends her somewhere else so she doesn't get trapped in the K-media world plus the national pressure

Bona Fide Member

0 Not allowed!
    Sorry. You can adopt Eunsoo or Yelim, okay?

As for YY's future in coaching, I do think leaving Korea's a good idea, but I'm not sure who she'd be a good fit with.

Cricket Bro and Savchenko/Massot FTW! Plumededragon's Avatar

1 Not allowed!
    I'm not sure going away from SKorea is a good idea for now, mainly because she's only 11. I do know that she lived most her life in Singapore, but maybe it's better that she remains here until she's old enough.
    But of course, let's wait for now. Things are going well, for all that we know.

But she's really precious, and amazing. I hope, as Yuna said, she'll work on her basics and take care of herself. Puberty can be such a b*** to some skaters, I hope she won't be much troubled by it.
    Thinking about it, it won't be that much time until we see her in the Junior circuit. I already wish her all the best!
    Edit: I also love the way she salutes when she finishes her programs, she stays in the mood and character. Not many skaters do that.
    Last edited by Plumededragon; 01-11-2016 at 04:45 PM.

1 Not allowed!
    I remember for her. We talked about her in this forum . She is amazing! And cute!

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Plumededragon View Post
    I'm not sure going away from SKorea is a good idea for now, mainly because she's only 11. I do know that she lived most her life in Singapore, but maybe it's better that she remains here until she's old enough.
    But of course, let's wait for now. Things are going well, for all that we know.

But she's really precious, and amazing. I hope, as Yuna said, she'll work on her basics and take care of herself. Puberty can be such a b*** to some skaters, I hope she won't be much troubled by it.
    Thinking about it, it won't be that much time until we see her in the Junior circuit. I already wish her all the best!
    Edit: I also love the way she salutes when she finishes her programs, she stays in the mood and character. Not many skaters do that.
    Definitely didn't mean that she should go abroad full-time! I do think that KSU should at least bring her to foreign summer skating camps for some fresh perspective and for better skating environments. What I would also like is for her to be with the other young Korean skaters. I think having peers around YY that she can relate with and be familiar to is quite vital to her development as an athlete. And to also let her keep that smile!

Cricket Bro and Savchenko/Massot FTW! Plumededragon's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by sunnystars View Post
    Definitely didn't mean that she should go abroad full-time! I do think that KSU should at least bring her to foreign summer skating camps for some fresh perspective and for better skating environments. What I would also like is for her to be with the other young Korean skaters. I think having peers around YY that she can relate with and be familiar to is quite vital to her development as an athlete. And to also let her keep that smile!
    Ah ok, I didn't understand it that way, sorry, lol! Yes, foreign summer camps sound like a very good idea, for all the reasons you stated. It will be a good experience for her outside of skating, and it can reflect in the way she behaves, trains and skates. Many skaters are doing it, but generally when they're a bit older (when they go abroad, I mean). However, if she has her mom or someone of her family (or even her coach) with her, it could be nice for her to try it (if she didn't already).
    Considering she skated in two different countries already, it should give positive results... maybe in the US?

0 Not allowed!
    Does anybody know how the skaters are divided into categories? If YY won nationals, does it mean as in a senior skater or a Junior skater? Because if she's 11 thats too young to be in senior...maybe they did it by level? like how Skorea has level 1-8 for figureskating.. I always thought that was weird, especially when I had to test my level 5 and 6 when I moved to korea a few years ago. I never really understood how they separated the skaters because I remember I once competed in senior when I was 13 against all the national skaters and I was really confused;;; can someone please explain? Did they change the system or are they still using the old system?

Medalist

2 Not allowed!

On the Ice

0 Not allowed!
    It's so exciting to see her skate. I was mindblown to see her become the national champion. I hope puberty is kind to her, as I look forward to her debut on the junior circuit in a few years. Throw in the other upcoming Russian baby prodigies and we're gonna see some amazing junior circuit rivalries

5 Not allowed!

Somewhere over the rainbow where blue birds fly

0 Not allowed!
    she is an amazing little girl!

On the Ice

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by paulinejo View Post
    Does anybody know how the skaters are divided into categories? If YY won nationals, does it mean as in a senior skater or a Junior skater? Because if she's 11 thats too young to be in senior...maybe they did it by level? like how Skorea has level 1-8 for figureskating.. I always thought that was weird, especially when I had to test my level 5 and 6 when I moved to korea a few years ago. I never really understood how they separated the skaters because I remember I once competed in senior when I was 13 against all the national skaters and I was really confused;;; can someone please explain? Did they change the system or are they still using the old system?
    Depending on the competition. The Korean National is determined by the level. The ranking competition (Skate Korea) is by age. So You had to skate as a junior for the ranking competition and as as a senior for the National.
    Last edited by seabm7; 01-12-2016 at 01:29 AM.

0 Not allowed!
    queen!!

anyway, congratulations Young You she is a little firecracker, her skating is so carefree, engaging and full of energy, you cant help but smile, cant wait to see more of her

Tripping on the Podium

0 Not allowed!
    This is too cute. Yuna is looking gorgeousss

I really hope You Young brings back this program when she starts competing internationally. Not sure how appropriate the Indian-influenced choreography is but I still love it!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast