Han Yan | Page 14 | Golden Skate

Han Yan

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Han is back on instagram after weeks of silence! (he forgot his password: https://instagram.com/yanhan111/ :hopelessness: ) So much handsomeness to look :cheer:

Since no one posted this here, I will:
Han Yan CHN
SP Sing, Sing, Sing by Louis Prima
LP Romeo & Juliet soundtrack
Also links: SP & LP

I like the music for the SP, not so sure about LP... But if the execution will be good, I won't complain :biggrin: Go Hanee!

mikaboo

Medalist
This video link has been circulating amongst Japanese fans on twitter.
http://sports.cntv.cn/2015/08/10/VIDE1439206682909137.shtml
I'm halfway through it without understanding a word, but it looks to be a documentary on Han Yan centered around Artistry on Ice.
Someone translated that his 70yo grandfather travelled 1240km on bicycle to see him. So sweet...:cry:

Warning: they show the CoC collision around 6:25 and 6:50 so skip through it if you want to avoid it.

ETA: I started watching it thinking it was going to be at least 30 minutes long, but I think Han Yan's part was just the first 15 minutes or so.
------

The video has been uploaded on YT for easier viewing :bow:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NV8HmNi5lFE

Last edited:

yyyskate

Record Breaker
^^lovely, the subbed version (English, Korean and Japanese) will be made and uploaded on that youtube channel soon.

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Thank you, mikaboo for the links :) Han definitely needs more joyfulness in his life. hope this season will be positive for him :cheer2:

yyyskate

Record Breaker
Han's interview regarding interpretation of his new programs
original article in Chinese link: http://mp.weixin.qq.com/s?__biz=MzA...scene=1&from=groupmessage&isappinstalled=0#rd
my translation:

Han's personal revelation of his programs: I am NOT Romeo

SP: sing sing sing
Before going to Canada, Lori asked me to choose several music then we can discuss together. At the time, I chose Rhapsody in Blues which I have skated before, Singing in the Rain and the soundtrack of Fifty Shades of Grey. I never saw any figure skating program skated to Sing Sing Sing before. Actually, I didnt even know this music. Until, I saw the movie "Gone With the Bullets" starring Ge You(famous Chinese actor), I heard the music for the first time. I liked it immediately. Then I looked it up, it's Sing Sing Sing. Then I told Lori about it.
Lori told me Jeffrey Buttle has skated to it before, usually, I am not inclined to use music others had skated before, plus it was a huge success for J_Butt at the time. But I think, time has changed, rules and technique also had relatively big change from before. So as the taste of the audience. Therefore, it does not matter (that J_Butt has skated to it before), I will have my own interpretation.
it is written at 1930s. Due to Nazi repression. those young dance enthusiasts cannot dance publicly. They can only dance at a secret bar known only to themselves to release their inner depression. The style and movement of my program is quite similar to that era. old fashioned Jazz.
Technically, the arrangement of my jumps does not change much. still, 4T, 3A, 3LZ-3T, except 3A, 3LZ-3T at the second half.

FS: Romeo and Juliet from soundtrack of 1996 movie
I heard R&J music while Lori and I was watching a TV show at her home. We thought it was really good at the time. Then, Lori changed her mind. She wanna Zijun and I both skate to "Over the Rainbow", the idea of two programs made from one music. But, she listened to "Kissing you" again, and felt it is better.
In the movie story, Romeo cannot find Juliet at the beginning, then they found each other and fell in love then separated. I think it's kinda like that. This story, although has been interpreted by many skaters before, but I think I am NOT acting the role of Romeo, Instead, I narrate this story from a spectator's perspective, therefore the ending of my program music edit is not that tragic. As a spectator to tell the story of love between two youth, is kinda Romantic isn't (or beautiful as he mentioned many times in the "a summer with Han" documentary)
Technically, we added up to 2 quad, 2 3As, one of which is in the second half. All with difficult entry and on one leg.

Then this interview is some funny stuff about his recent hairstyle.
I cut my hair on 08/01, then I went to Audi presser. Actually I will cut my hair very short every summer. because nobody will watch me at this time anyway, In fact, I always perm and dye my hair, my hair became horrible. the new hair grown after cutting short will be better. Also, it symbolise the start of a new season, could be a small ritual for myself :p
(trivia: the journalist asked if the short hair style is his only testimony that a true handsome man could be handsome even with very short hair, well, our righteous, kind and humble Hanee denied the assumption... )

Last edited:

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Thank you for translation, yyyskate :)
I'm not sure if I'm happy about added difficulty, beacuse he always had problem with execution all the elements properly. But I will keep my fingers crossed for him :cheer2:
Good he takes care of his hair though :D

Meoima

Match Penalty
Yan Han's programs at qualifications for the national games -- now on youtube
SP: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8-M1o82uhk
FS: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGZs-Y9yB5w
The qualifications were held in a high altitude venue in Xinjiang so a test (and good training!) for the skaters.
His jumps are to die for. But personally I think Lori hasn't done justice for him. Hanee deserves better choreography. He is still the most talented Chinese guy I have ever seen. Go Hanee! :)

Last edited:

mercury

Rinkside
His jumps are to die for. But personally I think Lori hasn't done justice for him. Hanee deserves better choreography. He is still the most talented Chinese guy I have ever seen. Go Hanee! :)

he said he's left out loads of details in the program; hence the choreography is more about his execution rather than Lori, at least for this time.

His jumps -- perfect techniques, spectacular flight through the air and except for the quads & 3A combo, just pop in and out with difficult entry and choreography immediately after landing. The best thing about this qualifications is that he executed all his jumps in both programs -- no more his "signature 3-2-1" towards the end of the FS :laugh: Next hopefully he is able to spend more energy on the "details" & choreography. :)

Meoima

Match Penalty
he said he's left out loads of details in the program; hence the choreography is more about his execution rather than Lori, at least for this time.

His jumps -- perfect techniques, spectacular flight through the air and except for the quads & 3A combo, just pop in and out with difficult entry and choreography immediately after landing. The best thing about this qualifications is that he executed all his jumps in both programs -- no more his "signature 3-2-1" towards the end of the FS :laugh: Next hopefully he is able to spend more energy on the "details" & choreography. :)
Thank you. I understand now. But what about his costume. I assume the ones he wore were practice costumes?

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland

It makes sense to let him execute program properly first. I think I may like his SP better as of now, but since it wasn't all it supposed to be it's not final. I'm looking forward to his competitions! :cheer: I'm also curoius about his costumes.