Han Yan | Page 18 | Golden Skate

Han Yan

yyyskate

Record Breaker
so I just caught up with the skating news (dang different time zones and time difference!) - and I cannot believe Han Yan didnt make it into the freeskate :(
He is such a beautiful skater. Feels like maybe we need a group hug here :(

I think you country men Julian Skated his heart out, crowd loved him so much, when the score come out, it is kinda low, then, the loudest "boo" came out. if you havent, you should check it out:biggrin:
Julian, was pretty impressive in practice too.

as for Han, I had to say, the distance between him and the top tier of skaters may has been widened.... his performance is really one of the worst in this event....

this men's SP, was really amazing from first group to last.

OniBan

Final Flight
I think you country men Julian Skated his heart out, crowd loved him so much, when the score come out, it is kinda low, then, the loudest "boo" came out. if you havent, you should check it out:biggrin:
Julian, was pretty impressive in practice too.

as for Han, I had to say, the distance between him and the top tier of skaters may has been widened.... his performance is really one of the worst in this event....

this men's SP, was really amazing from first group to last.

re Julian - His scores was the first one I checked when I woke up XDD At first my heart was in my throat when I read someone wrote 'his scores were too low' and then all is good when the next sentence went 'he qualified for the free' XDD SO RELIEVED! If his FS in 4CC is to go by - it's gonna be a real good one :) I wish I could've been there to see it!!
Thanks Boston crowd, for acknowledging a good performance when they see it!

Back to Han Yan - I was just really shocked. Did not expect any of the top tier man to NOT make it into the freeskate to be honest (in my mind they would qualify by default tbh XD) But yeah. Thing is, when he's on he's so beautiful to watch. The R&J program may not be the best (still hate the music cuts) but I'm just bummed we will miss out on his skating for the free :(

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
I'm glad I didn't see it, I would probably cry. And if it's hard for me, I can't imagine how hard it is for him. We love you Han :ghug: Come back stronger next season!

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Golly that was heart breaking to see in person. :cry: Still love his skating though and hopes he comes back stronger next season.

Heleng

Medalist
Country
United-States
Golly that was heart breaking to see in person. :cry: Still love his skating though and hopes he comes back stronger next season.

Yes, it was. So very sad for him, and sad that I don't get to see his free. I hope this somehow ends up being a blessing in disguise for him next season and 2018 Olympics.

icekiwi

On the Ice
I don't know :noshake: he seemed to be really nervous, I guess it was just nerves, because his practices has been going OK ... So sad for him! At least next year he can skate with the: nothing to loose attitude:drama:

I agree with you, Eclair. Trying to find some positives out of this - Now that he's got 'all' his nerves out, been there, bombed it. From now on, he can skate with 'freedom' and with full demonstration of his skills with no worries about rankings, falls, etc. Mentally, he is free - been there done it kind of attitude. He's got it out of his system, kind of thing.

I agree, I too was in total shock when I logged in and saw the men's results. My mind was racing trying to find some reason for such a low score, I even thought his skates broke or he hurt himself in the middle of the routine or something. I think it is even harder for you guys having to watch it live.

Han....we have faith in you and you can recover from this........there is only one place to go from here.........up.

musicfan80

Medalist
Han....we have faith in you and you can recover from this........there is only one place to go from here.........up.

I don't know if mentoring is an option for Han, but I wonder if someone like Lu Chen is willing and able.

Last edited:

icekiwi

On the Ice
I don't know if mentoring is an option for Han, but I wonder if someone like Lu Chen is willing and able.

A good coaching team is important. I would love for David Wilson to choreograph for Han and Jin next year. Perhaps Jeffrey Buttle for Jin and David Wilson for Han. In Yuzuru's earlier years, David Wilson was very nurturing towards him, I remember seeing David Wilson alone at the K & C with Yuzuru at a couple of competitions when David Orser can't be there. I don't mind Phillip Mills either - look at the brilliant job Phillip Mills did with Tatsuki Machida, Machida's programs before he retires were 'artistry' combined with 'athletism' on ice.

There is definitely hope. Just look at Anna Pogorilaya, I still remember her disastrous LP at NHK where she had 3 nasty falls (very low scores too) and today she skated a brilliant short, sitting in 2nd place among a deep field of ladies. So...........happy for her. Her jumps also have lots of height and length.

Eclair

Medalist
A good coaching team is important. I would love for David Wilson to choreograph for Han and Jin next year. Perhaps Jeffrey Buttle for Jin and David Wilson for Han. In Yuzuru's earlier years, David Wilson was very nurturing towards him, I remember seeing David Wilson alone at the K & C with Yuzuru at a couple of competitions when David Orser can't be there. I don't mind Phillip Mills either - look at the brilliant job Phillip Mills did with Tatsuki Machida, Machida's programs before he retires were 'artistry' combined with 'athletism' on ice.

There is definitely hope. Just look at Anna Pogorilaya, I still remember her disastrous LP at NHK where she had 3 nasty falls (very low scores too) and today she skated a brilliant short, sitting in 2nd place among a deep field of ladies. So...........happy for her. Her jumps also have lots of height and length.

I've been thinking about the right choreographer for Boyang and Han yan for quite a while and I think, if they're not training FULL TIME at the Cricket Club, then David wouldn't be the right choreographer for them. David's programms needs his tutlage.

I think Tom Dickson does great choreography, maybe Akiko Suzuki. I guess, Lori is not the right one for Han yan either, but the longer I thought about it, the more I can befriend the idea of Lori being Boyang's choreographer. Maybe, her style will suit him more than Han ...

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
Since the Worlds was over and the season is about to wrap up, I come here to cheer up Han. He and Zijun trained in the US for about a month, so his dropout for the free skate must be a big shock to him. When something goes wrong, everything can fall apart so quickly. That was what happened in his SP at Worlds. I deeply feel sympathy for him. I want him not to blame himself hard but to think of positive things from the past. I don't know what I can say about his training, but he is still very young and talented skater, so there will be a chance as long as he is healthy.

andyjo24

Medalist
I was so devastated that he didn't make it into the FS.

I didn't attend the Men's SP but did attend the Men's FS, so I was completely looking forward to seeing his huge 3A and R&J program. It's highly unfortunate that I didn't get to...

I hope he takes Worlds as a good lesson to never give up even after the first jump goes wrong.

I was so sad for him and So Youn in this Worlds. They both have so much potential, but their heads are preventing them from realizing that huge potential. What they need to do is throw away the mindset that they need to be perfect, and just tell themselves that they're going to do the best they can at the moment regardless of how the results turn out.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
omg... i'd be sad too.. i can only imagine how his 3a looks live... he's still young, let's hope he bounces back. i like him so much
I was so devastated that he didn't make it into the FS.

I didn't attend the Men's SP but did attend the Men's FS, so I was completely looking forward to seeing his huge 3A and R&J program. It's highly unfortunate that I didn't get to...

I hope he takes Worlds as a good lesson to never give up even after the first jump goes wrong.

I was so sad for him and So Youn in this Worlds. They both have so much potential, but their heads are preventing them from realizing that huge potential. What they need to do is throw away the mindset that they need to be perfect, and just tell themselves that they're going to do the best they can at the moment regardless of how the results turn out.

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker

People are too crowd in the rink, so the scene got me a bit worried about Han's training condition. BUT I was relieved after seeing the captions under the vids that was an charity event for kids organized by Pang/Tong. Han was a coach for them on the day!
Pang/Tong's