Han Yan | Page 19 | Golden Skate

Han Yan

skatefan22

Medalist
https://twitter.com/pandaatlarge/status/735295425310167040

It seems Han's "Mom" is no more his coach. I hope Han himself is at least on the skaters' list. Life after Boston must have been hard on Han. :sad46:

Since Li Mingzhu, who lives in the US, is added to the coaching list and Han is said to move to the US with Zijun, I assume Li Mingzhu will be their new coach. Han and his former coach had visited Li Mingzhu when they were at FC's club preparing for the worlds.

Last edited:

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
According to the report I know so far, PANG Qing will be Han's and Zijun's coach, leading them in the U.S. Wei's Twitter says Coach Li returns to China.

I hope we'll have some clear and detailed information.

skatefan22

Medalist
According to the report I know so far, PANG Qing will be Han's and Zijun's coach, leading them in the U.S. Wei's Twitter says Coach Li returns to China.

I hope we'll have some clear and detailed information.

I think Qing is taking on more of a supervision role. If she is going to be their coach, there is no need for them to move to the US. As for Li Mingzhu, the CCTV news report didn't say she will physically return to China from US. They simply showed a coach list which included her name. It will be quite convenient for her to coach the Chinese singles in the US together with Qing I suppose. But of course, maybe team China has someone else in the US to coach their skaters. They might disclose the info sooner or later.

Last edited:

skatefan22

Medalist
skatefan22, can you show me a report on the Chinese skaters moving to the U.S. please?

It is said in the news video link you posted earlier: "PANG Qing will take LI Zijun and YAN Han to the US and they will be training there." (The news didn't specify how long they will be training there though). (By the way, you need to quote me so that I won't miss your message :eek::)

Last edited:

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
I posted my translation of the report on the Fan Fest's Team China thread.

The relevant parts:

One of them (the changes) is the engagement of former Pairs World Champion Pang Qing as a Singles coach, who will lead Yan Han and Li Zijun to train in the US.........................

Worth noting is the return of the well known coach Li Mingzhy. And Han Yan's coach Jia Shuguang does not appear on the list.

Last edited:

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Han Yan has got 2 GPs, yes :yes2: will be cheering hard for him :hap10:

icekiwi

On the Ice
Wonderful! I have always admired Pang/Tong. There is something very honest, sincere and kind about Pang. So ....so pleased that she is sort of taking charge of Han Yan. You are in good hands, Han!! This is one of the better decisions made by the Chinese Federation, Thank God!

yyyskate

Record Breaker
Just check his ISU profile, his coach is Rafael Arutunian now? And his choreographer this season is not Lori any more, but Jeffrey Buttle (SP), Tom Dickson (FS)??
http://www.isuresults.com/bios/isufs00012352.htm

this is his former coaches according to ISU
Former Coach: K. Fajfr, V. Petrenko, P. Starec, K. Divin, A. Knothova
LMAO:rofl:
Han has only one former coach, her name is Suguang Jia.

Music Short Program / Short Dance as of season 2016/2017
The Way You Look Tonight by Jerome Kern
Music Free Skating / Free Dance as of season 2016/2017
Once Upon A Time (Medley) by Ennio Morricone

what I heard regarding his program, he will keep long and get a new short, so what is that?:scratch2:

skatefan22

Medalist
this is his former coaches according to ISU
Former Coach: K. Fajfr, V. Petrenko, P. Starec, K. Divin, A. Knothova
LMAO:rofl:
Han has only one former coach, her name is Suguang Jia.

Music Short Program / Short Dance as of season 2016/2017
The Way You Look Tonight by Jerome Kern
Music Free Skating / Free Dance as of season 2016/2017
Once Upon A Time (Medley) by Ennio Morricone

what I heard regarding his program, he will keep long and get a new short, so what is that?:scratch2:

I feel weird too regarding former coaches...But I he did post a photo with Rafael on weibo several days ago... So maybe he is somehow working with Rafael? Just guessing.

yyyskate

Record Breaker
could be that he worked with Raf a couple, so they listed Raf for the reputation and political influence.
but if he is indeed get 2 brand new programs from these 2 choreographers. that is a huuuuuugggeeeee change. So late in the season.
if it is indeed true. it only means one thing. he is in good condition and capable of change style and push/explore for choreo.