Han Yan | Page 20 | Golden Skate

Han Yan

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
this is his former coaches according to ISU
Former Coach: K. Fajfr, V. Petrenko, P. Starec, K. Divin, A. Knothova
LMAO:rofl:
Han has only one former coach, her name is Suguang Jia.

Music Short Program / Short Dance as of season 2016/2017
The Way You Look Tonight by Jerome Kern
Music Free Skating / Free Dance as of season 2016/2017
Once Upon A Time (Medley) by Ennio Morricone

what I heard regarding his program, he will keep long and get a new short, so what is that?:scratch2:

Since the federation gave that info to ISU, they could be Han's coaches during the summer camps overseas. They might think of listing them as Han's coach to be beneficial for Han. It looks like bluffs though. :laugh:

ETA: The ISU staff didn't do their job correctly. They listed another skater's former coaches.

Last edited:

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
could be that he worked with Raf a couple, so they listed Raf for the reputation and political influence.
but if he is indeed get 2 brand new programs from these 2 choreographers. that is a huuuuuugggeeeee change. So late in the season.
if it is indeed true. it only means one thing. he is in good condition and capable of change style and push/explore for choreo.

Wasn't a news announced that Mingzhu Li will be assigned as his coach right after the Worlds was over? Han needs stable consistency on his quad, so his team might think Rafael is the best option for him.

Out of Lori, out of silly and sloppy programs. I don't think Lori is a terrible choreographer in general, but her insincere works for Han made me angry.

Last edited:

skatefan22

Medalist
Wasn't a news announced that Mingzhu Li will be assigned as his coach? Han needs stable consistency on his quad, so his team thought Rafael is a best option for him.

Seems like neither Han Yan nor Zijun Li follows the arrangement by the fed to work with coach Mingzhu Li. Zijun is now training at home with her former coach Haijun Gao ...

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
Seems like neither Han Yan nor Zijun Li follows the arrangement by the fed to work with coach Mingzhu Li. Zijun is now training at home with her former coach Haijun Gao ...

More than thankful great news for me. :)

shiroKJ

Back to the forest you go.
Record Breaker
So they scrapped his previous programs and got new ones + change of coaches? It seems quite sudden and so late into the season. :scratch2:

But its good, he needed a change as something obviously isn't working. (I was devastated for him and Nam last season)

yyyskate

Record Breaker
one thing though, both Han and Zijun are from affluent family(and very possibly got sponsorship), if they can, they could afford to hire their coaching team as wish like North American skaters. Just that, the system is tricky. what I heard before is that, even if you can afford, you still have to abide the assignment/rules that is whatever assigned to me. otherwise, you will lose significant stuff (like getting buried).
Dont know,what is the situation right now. but maybe something huge has happened during last couple of years within Chinese Fed.

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
this is his former coaches according to ISU
Former Coach: K. Fajfr, V. Petrenko, P. Starec, K. Divin, A. Knothova
LMAO:rofl:
Han has only one former coach, her name is Suguang Jia.

The previous coach info looked weird, so I googled them to find out their full name, guess what?

:rofl:

They are Michal Brezina's former coaches. Most of them are Czech coaches or their base is the Czech Republic except Viktor Petrenko currently residing in New Jersey. http://www.isuresults.com/bios/isufs00007004.htm

The ISU staff got lazy and made a foolish mistake. :laugh2:

Last edited:

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
Wait...since the info of Han's former coach gets wrong, Rafael and the new choreographers can be wrongly listed by the ISU staff. :slink:
Michal's new coach is Rafael, so....

That means Han is stuck with Lori......:drama:

Last edited:

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
I've never trusted skaters' height info on ISU bio pages, but wow...they screwed up and tricked us.

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Lately ISU made mistake with Ilinykh/Zhiganshin, seems they continue to make mistakes :drama: But I/Z has now updated correct info, so I guess Han Yan will soon too :)

Last edited:

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Can anyone tell me what coaches are doing with Han Yan that he loses so many points on spins? :confused: I can't understand what happened to his beautiful 3A either....

klutzonice

Rinkside
Can anyone tell me what coaches are doing with Han Yan that he loses so many points on spins? :confused: I can't understand what happened to his beautiful 3A either....

Was the coach with him today at SCI Mingzhu Li? Hmm...

Hope he fights back in the free skate tonight!

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Was the coach with him today at SCI Mingzhu Li? Hmm...

Hope he fights back in the free skate tonight!

I think so, but I'm not sure.

The FP was a disaster points wise. 3A that I live for is nowhere there. And the bad skates started affecting his PCS a lot. I mean, one judge gave him 7.00 for SS! I don't know if someone is blind or just evil, because his SS is always superb. One of the reasons I love him. At least he lost less points on spins, but it still need work. I'm so devastated for him :(

Skate Canada
SP: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fo-78Q3IX48
FP: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AGVGsiRczZI

Last edited:

musicfan80

Medalist
Sigh. I'm so bummed for Han Yan right now. I was hoping that a Boyang Jin/Han Yan rivalry could be China's version of what a Max Aaron/Jason Brown (or even Joshua Farris before he had to stop skating) would have been. :(

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
I wish I know what's happening in Han's head that has caused his loss of confidence and the gorgeous 3A. :sad21:

Last Worlds was an aberration that should not continue to mess with him.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Sigh. I'm so bummed for Han Yan right now. I was hoping that a Boyang Jin/Han Yan rivalry could be China's version of what a Max Aaron/Jason Brown (or even Joshua Farris before he had to stop skating) would have been. :(

Yeah I love Hanee when he's on. Also I agree he's a nice contrast to Boyang. I'd say it's more of a comparison of a potential Jason Brown/Nathan Chen rivalry.

I also really liked the idea of the 2012 Jr. worlds podium pushing each other. Now Josh is gone, so I hope he gets his mojo back.

Last edited: