Han Yan | Page 24 | Golden Skate

Han Yan

musicfan80

Medalist
Bad news, Hanee has had shoulder dislocated... twice :sad21:

OMG :sad21: Hopefully this will give him the opportunity to have the recharge that he needs for the Olympic year.

But seriously, I'm concerned that he didn't stop after the first shoulder dislocation.

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
Bony Bankart Lesion

I wasn't sure if Han would withdraw from Worlds or not from the first report. Now it seems the lesion is serious enough to incur repetitive shoulder dislocations and that early repair(within 3 months) is essential. Not sure what his decision will be.

Yuko Kavayuti had frequent shoulder dislocations too and she just popped it it and continued the competition, sometimes winning medals. She had surgery in April 2010 and it has been her partner Smirnov's injuries and surgeries that keep them off competitions at various times. Her shoulder dislocations in competitions were usually caused by falls and I have no idea how frequently she had them during practice. Han's dislocations 3 times in 6 days sounds bad. I hope he makes the right decision and takes the best care of his health and career.

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
Poor Hanee. He's been going through a difficult time.

闫涵致歉 Yan Han apologizes.

It seems some fans have been unhappy with his results and berated him when he posted a picture of himself at the 4CC banquet, accusing him of taking taxpayers' money, making mistakes in competitions and still enjoying life surrounded by beautiful women. Han was upset and retorted: If you can do better, let me pay you to compete, OK? This aroused more attacks and he had to apologize for speaking impetuously. He's learning lessons as an athlete and a public personality.

Han has been under pressure and anxious to prove himself going forward and I hope his shoulder injury is handled properly and he can keep calm and focused to reclaim his brilliant skills at competitions, including of course his gorgeous 3A.

xeyra

Constant state
Record Breaker
Poor Hanee. He's been going through a difficult time.

闫涵致歉 Yan Han apologizes.

It seems some fans have been unhappy with his results and berated him when he posted a picture of himself at the 4CC banquet, accusing him of taking taxpayers' money, making mistakes in competitions and still enjoying life surrounded by beautiful women. Han was upset and retorted: If you can do better, let me pay you to compete, OK? This aroused more attacks and he had to apologize for speaking impetuously. He's learning lessons as an athlete and a public personality.

Han has been under pressure and anxious to prove himself going forward and I hope his shoulder injury is handled properly and he can keep calm and focused to reclaim his brilliant skills at competitions, including of course his gorgeous 3A.

Wait, what? Really? This is really something else...

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
Wait, what? Really? This is really something else...

This report has complete words of exchange but not about the resulting barrage and media attention. This was started with his 4CC banquet photos posted online.

A fan defended that it was a skating competition banquet naturally full of beautiful women. Would the insulting person rather the beautiful athletes not attend the banquet or Han not go? There would be few present if all those with disappointing results refuse to attend and to connect with others.

Last edited:

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
I think Zijun had similar criticism. There were people saying she wasted too much time documenting things on social media and not working hard. This kind of armchair criticism is maddening.

I feel bad for Hanee. I hope we'll see him back better than ever.

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
I hate when people think they can judge what athletes do in their free time. He's not a slave. And it's not like he comitted a cirme. :noshake:

Keep your head high Hanee! :cheer: And please take care of your health!

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
the Genie Bouchard syndrome...

seems to happen to young and good looking athletes... who are successful and full of promise but then, fail to meet the fans' expectations.

Han Yan should not bother apologizing.

He should not bother replying either (I know he adores Patrick,but that's what some people blamed Patrick for when he was a kid and not answering the media in the best possible fashion)

Han... rest well, heal well and just come back strong.

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
It doesn't seem like Han will compete at Worlds this year.

閆涵肩傷嚴重或骨折 出戰花滑世錦賽存疑

Date: March 22. following this morning's news that Li Zijun has been moved down to substitute status for World Figure Skating Championships, Mens' Yan Han revealed that his shoulder bone might have been broken causing frequent dislocations. His participation at Worlds is in doubt.

The figure skating World Championships will begin on Marh 29th at Helsinki, Finland. This competition is very important as it will affect the entries for Pyeongchang Olympics. Chinese Mens will be represented by the two strong competitors Jin Boyang and Yan Han. They won the first and second places during last month's Asian Winter Games looking in good conditions. Quan Yuhang is the substitute entry.

But, there is recent news about Yan Han's shoulder dislocations and the situation is not optimistic.

Yan Han reveals at Weibo: "My shoulder was probably broken on the 7th, thus causing second and third dislocations because it would not hold. I really want to be well, training like it's a gamble, not knowing when the shoulder will dislocate. Everyday the pain is so severe during training it's become intolerable. I've tried my best....... but feel it's time to rest......"

It is not hard to tell from Yan Han's tone, he is hard pressed to stand the pain. The possibility of Yan Han's withdrawal from Worlds is very high. There is now a dark cloud over getting two entries for China in the Winter Olympics.

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Well, Genie is fairly "new" to sport, I'm sure there were many athletes treated like before she was even born :p So I wouldn't called it her name's syndrome, but I get what you're refering to :)

Hanee still has not WD officially. But these tweets indicate he might... as he should. Put your health in first place Haneee!

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Well, Genie is fairly "new" to sport, I'm sure there were many athletes treated like before she was even born :p So I wouldn't called it her name's syndrome, but I get what you're refering to :)

Hanee still has not WD officially. But these tweets indicate he might... as he should. Put your health in first place Haneee!

re Genie, it is very different from other athletes in many ways... she was a grand slam finalist... top 5 in the world on her second season on tour.... it's CRAZY... very few athletes, especially in tennis have dealt with that.... and because of her looks, she's been "sold" all over the world for interviews, photoshoots, events... etc by her agency... losing focus on the sport etc...

Han's story is different but Boyang was at the same party... he was joking around as well... the difference is that at one point Han is with a very pretty girl and seems annoyed at the camera (giving the finger).... why make him evil for that?
He is allowed to be young, handsome and flirtatious.

Regarding his injury, i hope he just stays home. He is young and he shouldn't risk his career and health just because of worlds. He should just focus on healing.

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
It doesn't seem like Han will compete at Worlds this year.

閆涵肩傷嚴重或骨折 出戰花滑世錦賽存疑

Date: March 22. following this morning's news that Li Zijun has been moved down to substitute status for World Figure Skating Championships, Mens' Yan Han revealed that his shoulder bone might have been broken causing frequent dislocations. His participation at Worlds is in doubt.

The figure skating World Championships will begin on Marh 29th at Helsinki, Finland. This competition is very important as it will affect the entries for Pyeongchang Olympics. Chinese Mens will be represented by the two strong competitors Jin Boyang and Yan Han. They won the first and second places during last month's Asian Winter Games looking in good conditions. Quan Yuhang is the substitute entry.

But, there is recent news about Yan Han's shoulder dislocations and the situation is not optimistic.

Yan Han reveals at Weibo: "My shoulder was probably broken on the 7th, thus causing second and third dislocations because it would not hold. I really want to be well, training like it's a gamble, not knowing when the shoulder will dislocate. Everyday the pain is so severe during training it's become intolerable. I've tried my best....... but feel it's time to rest......"

It is not hard to tell from Yan Han's tone, he is hard pressed to stand the pain. The possibility of Yan Han's withdrawal from Worlds is very high. There is now a dark cloud over getting two entries for China in the Winter Olympics.

If they just send Boyang they should be fine for 2 spots. He'd just need a top ten finish.

Andrea82

Medalist
If they just send Boyang they should be fine for 2 spots. He'd just need a top ten finish.

Also if they send Guan, they should be fine. Those who don't qualify for FS count as 18 points. If Boyang gets in the top 10, they will be below the 28 required for 2 spots

Heleng

Medalist
Country
United-States
I was keeping my fingers crossed for a miraculous recovery, but guess it wasn't meant to be. :cry:

Tallorder

On the Ice
Not surprised that Chinese media would take aim at athletes utilizing platforms such as social media given the broader backdrop of 'control'/limitations regarding the internet even, just in general.

Wishing both Han and ZiJun both fortitude and fast healing for the important Olympic season ahead.