Han Yan | Page 25 | Golden Skate

Han Yan

silverlake22

Record Breaker
Please get better soon Han! I want to see you and Boyang kick butt at the Olympics next year! He seems to have such bad luck with his shoulder...

sweetwater

On the Ice
Wish him good luck on surgery and recovery. Get better soon Han Yan! Will be waiting for you to come back healthy and happy and strong!

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Good luck with surgery Hanee! Wish you speedy recovery :ghug:

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
So it's true that when you're beautiful you look good wearing anything on :luv17: :dbana: It should be illegal to look so cute. Anyways, very glad his surgery was succesful :hap93: Now, rest well Haneee! Wish you speedy recovery, but don't rush it!

Last edited:

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
So it's true that when you're beautiful you look good wearing anything on :luv17: :dbana: It should be illegal to look so cute. Anyways, very glad his surgery was succesful :hap93: Now, rest well Haneee! Wish you speedy recovery, but don't rush it!

well, perhaps it's best timing for him to get surgery... any time later, and it could affect his OG prep... now I am confident that he will rest for a while and be able to prepare.

And yes, he is a cutie ;)

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
Han looked so positive before the surgery and I'm so very glad that it is a success. I can't wait to see him skate in his full glory next season. :yay:

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
well, perhaps it's best timing for him to get surgery... any time later, and it could affect his OG prep... now I am confident that he will rest for a while and be able to prepare.

And yes, he is a cutie ;)

Definitely the sooner, the better :) I aso hope it means he won't affect much his preparation for Olympics ;)

Wilwarin

On the Ice
http://www.sport.gov.cn/n318/n352/c796367/content.html
Google translation is basically very odd, here's the edited one:

Boyang won Men's bronze medal for the Chinese team and got the second Pyeongchang Olympic ticket in Helsinki. Han Yan is quite exciting about this and praised his teammate for such a wonderful performance, after his operation in Beijing Sports Medicine Hospital.

Although he miss the opportunity to World Championships, Han's shoulder surgery is very successful. In the future he will carry four nails in his shoulder, but he's very happy because after this operation his shoulder can be solid. Rehabilitation will last about four weeks, then his shoulder can be cured, the future training will not be affected.

Han Yan told the press in Beijing Sports Medicine Hospital that this dislocation began since Junior time. At first he managed to push it back and continue to skate, but he did not know when it will again dislocate. It has become a ticking time bomb. Because of the defeat at last year's World Championships, Han Yan trained so hard in order to prove himself in the Helsinki World Championships. However after he endured ten days of training, he reluctantly gave up at last. The team immediately arranged for him to undergo surgery. MRI results showed that he broke the anterior margin of the shoulder, but fortunately through the doctor's superb surgical operation, now this time bomb that troubled him for many years is finally removed. 'This operation needs to remove a bone, and then move in another bone from somewhere else. It is a very complicated surgery. There are no more than five doctors in the world who can do this surgery." Han Yan said with a smile, also seriously using his fingers to count the number.

'Before surgery, I'm a little nervous. After all, this is the first major surgery in my life. I'm not nervous after it's done.' Accompanying personnel reported otherwise that he had two days of pain and could not sleep, and his hand was involuntary twitching. When the pain period passed, Han is now carrying out rehabilitation training.

Wonderful performance of his teammate Boyang inspires him to try to resume training early and begin preparations for the Olympic. Han looks forward to sharing this similar experience with Wenjing Sui, another teammate from the Pairs. Yehong Tang, the leader of the team takes care of him so that he can feel at ease. For everyone who is concerned about if the operation will bring some kind of change to his program, Han responded that he likes the programs in this season, for the time being they would not have much changes.

EDIT:
Pics from CoC media (hilarious hair:laugh:)
http://www.weibo.com/1805036724/ECPWugjRi

Last edited:

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
:love::love::love::love::love::love::love:

han :) so happy his training won't be affected and that the surgery is a success!!!! YAY!!

sweetwater

On the Ice
I'm using google translate and it says he's going to practice the Quad Lutz. :eeking: Is that a correct translation?

According to Japanese translation, yes. He also said that his Quad Flip is almost ready, and he’s going to practice both jumps after he gets fully recovered.