Han Yan | Page 6 | Golden Skate

Han Yan

Meoima

Match Penalty
Oh no!!! Then WHY the hell they told him to take 4 days off ONLY??? Why they let him go back on the ice for TEB????

Meoima

Match Penalty
...what on EARTH? He did have a concussion, and a pulmonary hemorrhage, and he skated that LP? And wants to go back to training? Please, Han Yan, take care of yourself...
Now, all the "doctors let them back on, they know better, nothing to worry about" stuff should be thrown out the window.
I wonder about the wording, though. I mean a concussion is not like easy to take lightly, why doctor told him to take ONLy 4 days off ice if he indeed has a major one??? Maybe he used the wrong medical word?? i hope so or else I would :cry:

And possible pulmonary hemorrhage??? Any doctor that stupid to let him go back to the ice within a week??? :bang:
Please tell me it's just a "possibility" and he actually doesn't suffer it.

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
I wonder about the wording, though. I mean a concussion is not like easy to take lightly, why doctor told him to take ONLy 4 days off ice if he indeed has a major one??? Maybe he used the wrong medical word?? i hope so or else I would :cry:

And possible pulmonary hemorrhage??? Any doctor that stupid to let him go back to the ice within a week??? :bang:
Please tell me it's just a "possibility" and he actually doesn't suffer it.
Yeah, I hope he miswrote, or the translation isn't too clear. This just sounds too crazy. And imagine what could've happened him in the CoC LP... (And Kurt Browning was all like, don't worry about it, I hit my head a few weeks ago and nothing happened, the boys will be fine :bang:).

phaeljones

On the Ice
...what on EARTH? He did have a concussion, and a pulmonary hemorrhage, and he skated that LP? And wants to go back to training? Please, Han Yan, take care of yourself...

Now, all the "doctors let them back on, they know better, nothing to worry about" stuff should be thrown out the window.

This is what I don't get. What planet are these doctors from?

Meoima

Match Penalty
Yeah, I hope he miswrote, or the translation isn't too clear. This just sounds too crazy. And imagine what could've happened him in the CoC LP... (And Kurt Browning was all like, don't worry about it, I hit my head a few weeks ago and nothing happened, the boys will be fine :bang:).
Vagabond from the other forum told me:
Depending on Han's condition and whether he has had any concussions previously, allowing him to practice after only four days office is likely within accepted medical standards.
http://www.sportsmd.com/Articles/id/22/n/concussions_in_sports.aspx#sthash.WpKO6FG1.dpbs
What is not within accepted medical standards is allowing the athlete to compete within minutes of the concussion.
I strongly suspect that competing within minutes of sustaining a pulmonary hemorrhage is not within accepted medical standards either.
This brings me to something that I posted in another thread:
http://www.tmz.com/videos/0_26aw0a82/
Evan Lysacek says in the video that he has sustained at least 15 concussions.
So, maybe the doctor thought that Han Yan only had a mild concussion and he might be back on the ice after 4 dayss off, since it's within medical standards.
But if he hurts too much, then he will have to withdraw. So everything depends on how he feels tomorrow on ice.

Fingers crossed for Han Yan!!

lbc2138

On the Ice

What I'm curious about is how Han was diagnosed with a concussion and Yuzuru had a brain contusion? I hope Han will be alright, I wouldn't want him to push for TEB but it seems like he's determined to compete, even if there is a bit of pain considering he said "if it doesn't hurt too much."

Maria Victoria

Record Breaker
The "Pray that everything will be okay with me tomorrow" in the translation of Yan Han's post really gets to me. Dear Yan Han, I will definitely pray for your well-being and also that your team realize that your health should be the paramount consideration. Shaking my head how his coach could have confirmed his participation in TEB. :no:

Meoima

Match Penalty
The "Pray that everything will be okay with me tomorrow" in the translation of Yan Han's post really gets to me. Dear Yan Han, I will definitely pray for your well-being and also that your team realize that your health should be the paramount consideration. Shaking my head how his coach could have confirmed his participation in TEB. :no:
someone told me his coach is his mother. :cry: I am not sure if it's true but... It must be hell for her watching him skate in CoC.

Meoima

Match Penalty
My friend said we shouldn't panic about Han Yan, let's wait and see, because the words Han Yan used on his blog can be understood as "impact to the head". It doesn't mean that his brain/head was damaged. He meant his head had a bad impact from outside.

The word concussion might be too strong in this case. It might be that the doctor simply said Han Yan's head was dazed because of the collision. My friend said doctors aren't that stupid to let Han Yan practice without care.

So for the meantime, let's wait and see till the next week. I hope there will be some updates soon.

padme21

On the Ice
Ive heard that Han Yan has been diagnosed with a concussion is that true and can some one confirm that.

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
I would pretty much agree that allowing him to go to TEB isn't the main problem, if they're accessed the damage now. The problem is who let him back on the ice at CoC. He looked like he was going to fall on the spins.

Well, I hope it's not really a concussion. Best wishes to Han Yan.

(Regarding the Evan Lysacek video: Maybe skaters should wear protective gear in practices? Because let's face it, the vast majority of injuries come from practices, not competitions).

yyyskate

Record Breaker
Yes, concussion and possible lung bleeding from his weibo
"最近什么也吃不了,我(教)妈(练)特意去食堂要的牛肉给我做了碗牛肉面[心] 还有谢谢大家的关心,我还好。除了脑震荡就是怀疑肺出血,下颚好的还挺明显.....明天会上冰试试,如果不是特别疼,还是会进军法国!祈祷我明天一切OK!"
looks bad....

translate:
"I cannot eat anything, my coach specially asked for beef noodle for me (made by loving coach herself), thank you all for your concern, I am okay, except for concussion, also suspect lung bleeding, my chin is getting better... i will try to go on ice tomorrow, if not hurts too much, i will think about TEB, wish I will be OK tomorrow"

satine

v Yuki Ishikawa v
Record Breaker
"最近什么也吃不了,我(教)妈(练)特意去食堂要的牛肉给我做了碗牛肉面[心] 还有谢谢大家的关心,我还好。除了脑震荡就是怀疑肺出血,下颚好的还挺明显.....明天会上冰试试,如果不是特别疼,还是会进军法国!祈祷我明天一切OK!"
looks bad....

Oh no :no:

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker

It's a bit confusing with this strange language "我(教)妈(练)". His mother or his coach or his mother/coach? I think he said she asked for beef from the dinging hall to make beef noodle (herself) especially for him. So she is really taking care of him.

Also the last sentence: Pray that everything will be OK with me tomorrow. Not clear if he prayed so or is asking for prayer.

Anyway, sounds like he did have a concussion and possibly injured lung(s). And loss of appetite. All worrisome. I do pray that everything will fine with him soon, very soon.

yyyskate

Record Breaker
his coach, their relationship is like mother and son, Han calls his coach "mother".
coach asked beef from the kitchen and made the noodle herself for Han.
I think he hopes that he will feel OK tomorrow on ice. not asking for prayer, but fans will pray for him for sure.
Sounds like very bad condition.....

figureskateobasan

On the Ice
This is crazy. I wonder if he took CT scan already? I mean concussion can lead to a very serious problem and he's only 18! and no one try to stop him to skate..? so devastating.
Hope it was misinterpreted! I wish he could take it slowly.

yyyskate

Record Breaker
^^ no official news report or anything, only info can be found is from his weibo. And the original I have quoted here, and there is also another translation in the edge.
So sad, that this is the only information we get from him after the accident.
I had concussion myself before, I knew very well how serious it could be.
I just hope that his team and himself take it seriously ...

Rinkside
What I'm curious about is how Han was diagnosed with a concussion and Yuzuru had a brain contusion? I hope Han will be alright, I wouldn't want him to push for TEB but it seems like he's determined to compete, even if there is a bit of pain considering he said "if it doesn't hurt too much."

you took the words out of my mouth. That was what i was wondering too. The collision looked really bad from either side. So how??