Han Yan | Page 8 | Golden Skate

Han Yan

Gliding on ice

Rinkside
Han's Latest Interview
http://tv.cntv.cn/video/VSET100150757973/596378914c4a4851b93fd3ea0848526b

A brief summary

This season has been rocky for Han. Competing while injured, he placed 6th at COC. Not recovered after being hospitalized for 1 week, he still skated at TEB and ended up in 8th place.

The accident at COC was disruptive to Han’s plan for this season. Since he didn’t qualify for the GPF, 4CC is his only chance to test the water before Worlds. Although he got a scar on his chin, Han finally recovered from his soft tissue injury.

Han thinks his 2 programs this season show his spontaneous and cheerful style of skating very well. The programs are technically challenging, almost to his upper limit. But Han is certain that his technical difficulty matches up to the current standards. He specifically mentions that his step sequences are very unique and difficult. Many skaters may have trouble executing it at first, and he had to practice a lot before mastering it.

Han admits that the nerves got the better of him at Sochi, but he is definitely more comfortable with competitions after his Olympic experience.

Meoima

Match Penalty
Did he say anything about the knee injury he got at China Nationals? I hope he's okay now.

Gliding on ice

Rinkside
Did he say anything about the knee injury he got at China Nationals? I hope he's okay now.

He didn't mention anything about the knee injury in this interview. According to fans who went to Chinese Nationals, the injury happened 1 week before the competition and that's a little over 1 month now. So I am praying that everything is fine now. Keeping my fingers crossed...

Meoima

Match Penalty
He didn't mention anything about the knee injury in this interview. According to fans who went to Chinese Nationals, the injury happened 1 week before the competition and that's a little over 1 month now. So I am praying that everything is fine now. Keeping my fingers crossed...
Hope so, stay healthy, Han Yan!

yyyskate

Record Breaker
Han's skating is absolutely more than just huge 3A, I miss his bouncing knees, superb musicality, blade work and flow with it and classic textbook technique. wish him good luck at 4CC at well, wish his talent can finally shine and be recognized this season.

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
^Definitely. Boyang may have the quads, but Han Yan is better in other aspects. I hope the Chinese Fed will give him time to develop, because dropping him now and putting everything in Boyang would be a mistake. Having two strong skaters in one country will push them both to be better.

sonora

On the Ice
^Definitely. Boyang may have the quads, but Han Yan is better in other aspects. I hope the Chinese Fed will give him time to develop, because dropping him now and putting everything in Boyang would be a mistake. Having two strong skaters in one country will push them both to be better.

Well said. Off topic...I hope Zijun will have some real competition back home in China, which absolutely will help to push her to her full potential.

Gliding on ice

Rinkside
According to HanYanFanVan on Twitter, Han still has swelling in his knee from the injury he sustained before Chinese Nationals. Will get a CT scan done today.

shiroKJ

Back to the forest you go.
Record Breaker
According to HanYanFanVan on Twitter, Han still has swelling in his knee from the injury he sustained before Chinese Nationals. Will get a CT scan done today.

:hopelessness: I hope the results come back okay....if it doesn't look good he should pull out of 4CC and let it heal for Worlds instead of aggravating it.

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
Oh Skating Gods, why can't you give him a break...? I hope he doesn't push it for 4CC.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
:cry:

So many injuries! Hope he recovers, I really like his FS and would love to see that skated clean!

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker

What the.......????? Sigh..best wishes for the fast and full recovery.