Davis and White - Giselle | Golden Skate

Davis and White - Giselle

blackswanphoto

On the Ice
Hi was interested in knowing if anyone knew the names of the pieces from Giselle that D/W skate to in their short dance, or if there is a link to the selections? Or better yet if there is an MP3 online of the exact edit in their short dance?

samson

Medalist
Not sure of the names of the selections, but I'm pretty confident they are all from the first act.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
I believe so-he does the rough cuts and then sends them off to the professionals to do whatever magic, was the process described in an IN article earlier this year.

I believe so-he does the rough cuts and then sends them off to the professionals to do whatever magic, was the process described in an IN article earlier this year.

That's impressive. I'm excited that they're doing Giselle! I'm not really familiar with the music, but I love that they're using classical ballet music for their program.

vera01

Final Flight
It's off topic but.. Does anyone know the title of the music that is used for Polka part of V/M's SD? I don't think it's from "And The Waltz Goes On".

vera01

Final Flight

I'm really impressed! I really like the music that has been used for D/W's SD this season:)

Big Deal

Final Flight
Zoueva is magical choosing music pieces and choreo.
I don't think any coaches could produce that many exqusite programme than she did in the last 6-7 years for 2 couples in SD AND FD as well.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
It's off topic but.. Does anyone know the title of the music that is used for Polka part of V/M's SD? I don't think it's from "And The Waltz Goes On".

Good question. I do recall at least one interview in which Virtue/Moir were emphasizing how much they love the Hopkins composition. One or both of the partners added apologetically that they feel bad about interrupting it for the polka. (Not a direct quote -- I am only paraphrasing.)

So I think that you are correct that V/M's polka music is from a different source, but I have never seen it identified. When I last looked at the V/M bio pages on the ISU and Skate Canada websites, only the Hopkins waltz was listed for their SD music.

Zoueva is magical choosing music pieces and choreo.
I don't think any coaches could produce that many exqusite programme than she did in the last 6-7 years for 2 couples in SD AND FD as well.

I pretty much agree.

What always amazes me is that she has managed to create programs that make the two top couples look completely different. She always does justice to both of them.

About V&M's polka, the only description of the music I could find that mentions it at all just says, "The Waltz Goes On and the Yankee Polka." It would be cool if this was a modern instrumental recording of the piano song "True Yankee Polka" composed in 1856 by someone named Gero Florenc.

Evidently there were a slew of ersatz Yankee polkas floating about in the 1850s and Florenc wanted to set the record straight. ;)

Last edited:

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
I wish V&M would take enough notice of the Yankee Polka at least to say what music they are using for it in their bio.

(I hate not knowing what music is being used for any performance, as some of you might have guessed. :eek::