Results 1 to 15 of 27

Thread: No Kiira Korpi at Worlds

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Occasional skater koatcue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Moscow
    Posts
    1,507
    Country: Russia

    0 Not allowed!

    No Kiira Korpi at Worlds

    She announced it. I've read it in Russian sport site..

  2. #2
    Bona Fide Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    4,706

    0 Not allowed!
    What happened? Is she alright? ONe less beautiful skater at worlds I guess. I trust she wasn't worried about Gold, Osmond, Liza, Kanako and Adeline possibly beating her and that she may not have such an easy ride staying in the top ten.

  3. #3
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    7,214

    0 Not allowed!
    she is a veteran
    but she left the door open especially for the young ladies

    some other girls are probably getting bigger chances
    like Zijun, Leonova, Gracie and Ashley might get what they came for
    and Osmond now looks like a sure lock for top 5 or bronze medal

  4. #4
    Occasional skater koatcue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Moscow
    Posts
    1,507
    Country: Russia

    0 Not allowed!
    They say she hurt her leg. She wants to be ready for Sochi so she doesn't think it's good to possibly aggravate her injury at Worlds.

  5. #5
    Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Staring at the ocean and smiling.
    Posts
    25,030
    Country: United States of America

    0 Not allowed!
    that's smart of her, but I hope whoever skates for Finland can at least place high enough to assure two spots

  6. #6
    Bona Fide Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    9,486

    0 Not allowed!
    Drat! I completely understand that she doesn't want to risk her health before Sochi, but I'm really sorry not to see her at Worlds this year. And I'm sorry that Finland might drop down low enough so as not to get two spots for Sochi.

  7. #7
    Bona Fide Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    3,829

    0 Not allowed!
    No!!! Why are you always injured, Kiira????

  8. #8
    Bona Fide Member Mathman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Detroit, Michigan
    Posts
    32,742

    0 Not allowed!
    Welcome, invisiblespiral. Sorry the occasion is a sad one. I hope you like it here. Post often, post long!

  9. #9
    On the Ice
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    237

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post
    ......Osmond now looks like a sure lock for top 5 or bronze medal
    Are you kidding? Did you see her at 4C's?

  10. #10
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    8,889

    0 Not allowed!
    Kiira has painful Achilles tendonitis. The pain subsided when she took time off the ice and trained lightly, but once she went back to normal competition training, the pain came back full force. This is the same kind of injury that forced Laura Lepisto to retire prematurely.

    BTW, I think sky_fly20 is seeing pie in the sky when he/she says Osmond is a lock for top 5 or bronze now that Korpi is out.

  11. #11
    Medalist figuristka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Finland & Canada
    Posts
    1,408

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckm View Post
    Kiira has painful Achilles tendonitis. The pain subsided when she took time off the ice and trained lightly, but once she went back to normal competition training, the pain came back full force. This is the same kind of injury that forced Laura Lepisto to retire prematurely.

    BTW, I think sky_fly20 is seeing pie in the sky when he/she says Osmond is a lock for top 5 or bronze now that Korpi is out.
    How disappointing for her, she had such a good showing at Rostelecom this season. I really hope she heals enough to compete in Sochi and skate well. Her programs are lovely this year. Maybe she can keep her short for next season. Get well soon Kiira.

  12. #12
    Bona Fide Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    5,541

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post
    Osmond now looks like a sure lock for top 5 or bronze medal
    Without a doubt. Because Kiira was the only thing standing in the way of that.

  13. #13
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    7,214

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by drivingmissdaisy View Post
    Without a doubt. Because Kiira was the only thing standing in the way of that.
    why not ?
    If Osmond skates clean she will be in Top 5 for sure or might get bronze medal skating in home ground
    Kiira was a top 5-7 material, even with her meltdowns in her LP's she gets high beauty PCS

  14. #14
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    8,889

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post
    why not ?
    If Osmond skates clean she will be in Top 5 for sure or might get bronze medal skating in home ground
    Kiira was a top 5-7 material, even with her meltdowns in her LP's she gets high beauty PCS
    Osmond didn't skate clean at 4CC. She hasn't skated a clean free skate anywhere this season except at Challenge, where she had no competition.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •