Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: No Kiira Korpi at Worlds

Custom Title

No Kiira Korpi at Worlds

She announced it. I've read it in Russian sport site..

Custom Title
    What happened? Is she alright? ONe less beautiful skater at worlds I guess. I trust she wasn't worried about Gold, Osmond, Liza, Kanako and Adeline possibly beating her and that she may not have such an easy ride staying in the top ten.

Banned
    she is a veteran
    but she left the door open especially for the young ladies

some other girls are probably getting bigger chances
    like Zijun, Leonova, Gracie and Ashley might get what they came for
    and Osmond now looks like a sure lock for top 5 or bronze medal

Custom Title
    They say she hurt her leg. She wants to be ready for Sochi so she doesn't think it's good to possibly aggravate her injury at Worlds.

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    that's smart of her, but I hope whoever skates for Finland can at least place high enough to assure two spots

Custom Title
    Drat! I completely understand that she doesn't want to risk her health before Sochi, but I'm really sorry not to see her at Worlds this year. And I'm sorry that Finland might drop down low enough so as not to get two spots for Sochi.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post
    ......Osmond now looks like a sure lock for top 5 or bronze medal
    Are you kidding? Did you see her at 4C's?

Custom Title
    Kiira has painful Achilles tendonitis. The pain subsided when she took time off the ice and trained lightly, but once she went back to normal competition training, the pain came back full force. This is the same kind of injury that forced Laura Lepisto to retire prematurely.

BTW, I think sky_fly20 is seeing pie in the sky when he/she says Osmond is a lock for top 5 or bronze now that Korpi is out.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Olympia View Post
    Drat! I completely understand that she doesn't want to risk her health before Sochi, but I'm really sorry not to see her at Worlds this year. And I'm sorry that Finland might drop down low enough so as not to get two spots for Sochi.
    Agree((( I hope she saves this year's sp for Sochi - it's just so beautiful...Anyway, wish her speedy recovery! it's a smart decision from her but I feel for Finland..I remember they always had an amazing field of ladies

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post
    Osmond now looks like a sure lock for top 5 or bronze medal
    Without a doubt. Because Kiira was the only thing standing in the way of that.

Quote Originally Posted by chuckm View Post
    Kiira has painful Achilles tendonitis. The pain subsided when she took time off the ice and trained lightly, but once she went back to normal competition training, the pain came back full force. This is the same kind of injury that forced Laura Lepisto to retire prematurely.

BTW, I think sky_fly20 is seeing pie in the sky when he/she says Osmond is a lock for top 5 or bronze now that Korpi is out.
    How disappointing for her, she had such a good showing at Rostelecom this season. I really hope she heals enough to compete in Sochi and skate well. Her programs are lovely this year. Maybe she can keep her short for next season. Get well soon Kiira.

Custom Title
    No!!! Why are you always injured, Kiira????

Welcome, invisiblespiral. Sorry the occasion is a sad one. I hope you like it here. Post often, post long!

Custom Title
    Greetings, Invisiblespiral.

Maybe when you're celebrating your one-year anniversary on GS, we'll all be watching Kiira compete in Sochi. It would be so convenient for her to get there. After all, Finland is right next to Russia, though of course not the part where the Black Sea is.

So sorry for Kiira. I hope she heals completely so that she'll be back 100% for the Olympic season.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast